Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Should I prepare for my party to have to be bailed out all the time once again or will they be allowed to finish fights this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Sigh.

I know I'll enjoy the game anyway but gently caress.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Metroixer posted:

i know the game just came out this week in the states but is there already any of those guides that tell you where all the hidden sidequests are like there have been for every other cs game.

https://www.neoseeker.com/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii/walkthrough

I've been using this to make sure I don't miss anything so far but I'm still in chapter 1 and am ultimately hoping it's not missing anything.

Unrelated, am I going to miss anything of note by ignoring the card game or am I good to not give it my time?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Hoping for some good clarification on sledgehammer - does it increase damage to break bars, or damage during break?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

She seems fine to me thus far, up to mid Chapter 3.

Same, not sure what about her is supposed to make me shakingly angry.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Endorph posted:

is it just that shes super strong because the trails series has tons of ridiculously strong people who are stronger than the previously super strong people

That was my impression after posting honestly. She's hyper competent, but also this game world is full of people like that so who cares.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Oh I do have something to be mad at her about: She hasn't put Leonora in class VII yet :colbert:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Very tangentially related but I've appreciated how Ouroboros fights have been handled so far. There's generally been circumstances going on that I can easily roll with so it's not anywhere near as frustrating as 2 was.

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I can't decide if I think George has a secret because it's so drat obvious or if it's so obvious that it's a red herring. I love/hate these games

I just kinda stared at the screen when he showed up for exactly this reason.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I feel like my party's gonna end up being Juna/Ash/Musse but I haven't even taken the latter two into the Keep yet so who knows.

grancheater posted:

EP-on-damage, minimize delay (not casting time) and go all in on ATS. With a low enough delay, once you throw out a 2 BP Divine Song Order you can get 6 casts in a row.

On Normal a Pandora / Titania with Crystal Edge / Epoch Bell / Fenrir / Deus Gem / Cast 3 / Black Bell / Water Bell build had Cavalry Edge as a 1-delay spell hitting the final boss for around 8% of its health, and you can clearly cram more ATS in there if you need it on higher difficulties.

also quoting this just so I can find it easily later.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

She deserved an award for her delivery when Victor shows up in CS2

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I think the harem thing ended up being a kinda ehh way to deal with the fact that there was no way to take clear data from PS3 to PS4. I'd have preferred a "hey who'd you court" selector at the start, though.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I mean tbh you sound like you're projecting a lot of weird poo poo onto her and I'm still scratching my drat head at that ~no soul~ thing.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Veryslightlymad posted:

I mean she comes off as more robotic and less human than the literal artificial humans.

I...don't agree, I guess? She comes off as confident and self-assured with some occasional deadpan humor over her current situation (her talking early on about essentially being forcibly retired back to her estate and popping out some kids). She's fun.

Shinjobi posted:

How often should I be worried about buying new armor? Money is kinda tight without me just grinding up sepith early on in the game; should it be a every other town kinda situation?

I've been doing a full refit in every town so far, including boutique purchases. It's cut a little close at the time but it's been fine. I wouldn't say I grind or anything, either. But I also haven't really been buying items or accessories.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Trails of Cold Steel III - drat YOU, GEORGE

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

Seriously, that entire ending was just a drawn out wet fart. This game still has plenty of powerful character moments, but it's fear of having characters actually develop or change in any way greatly undermines my ability to get emotionally invested in the events happening on screen. Guess we'll wait and see whether things get any better on that front in IV.

Hey can we please quote the posts we're responding to if we're doing spoiler blocks because I assumed this was to the chapter 3 talk.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Endorph posted:

well i liked the first panel of the joke, unfortunately the last two panels sucked

:same:

Thankfully "These awakening feelings...must be acknowledged" is strong enough leave an overall positive impression.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Beat the game tonight and I guess my pre-4 plan now is to watch an LP of Sky FC since I continuously stall out on it's molasses-like build, and then play SC and Third.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Artix posted:

Finished it tonight. I liked it? I think? Some assorted thoughts:

And seriously, what the gently caress is with the final chapter. I get that it *sort of* implies that Osborne has some kind of mind control power or whatever, but what the hell was that procession in the final chapter. The main academy shows up to fight you because...uh, Cedric said so? The Ironbloods, all of whom were helping you kill Cryptids *literally yesterday*, are just like "Yep, we're gonna stop you. Sucks but that's how it is!". Even loving Duvalie sees what's going on by the end, and is like "Yeah, no I'm out." Kurt and Juna impotently screaming "what the gently caress is wrong with all you, why are literally all of you okay with this" is one of the most relatable scenes in the entire game, tbh.[/spoiler]

This was my biggest annoyance, yeah. The Ironbloods just shrugging and following orders is something that 100% needs a reckoning with in CS4 and I'm doubtful it's going to happen. It's not even that I really mind what they did in and of itself - Claire, specifically, makes it a point a few times throughout the game that Rean and others make her out to be a better person than she really is. And that's an interesting tack and I like it! But the whole matter is just handled so piss poorly in that last dungeon that it's hard for me to think anything will really come of it. And Osborne potentially having some mind-trick bullshit is technically justification but it's also just a very unsatisfying route to take.

I'm always struggling with why Crowe tried to stop Rean from killing Osborne given, you know, the guy's entire motivation. If it was Crowe by himself making the stop I'd have less issues with it, as it becomes easy to see it as "he's doing it because Osborne will probably loving kill him." But instead he teams up with Rutger and Arianrhod who definitely don't really give a poo poo about that to do it. It's just a mess of a scene.

I liked the game all-in-all because I enjoy the cast but there were some definite sour notes in there.