Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Yeah, the last few side quests unlock after you beat the end boss. That fight always takes a really long time, you have to be ready for it. Did you really think Drageaux would only have one form?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
He didn't get a green form. Even Guru Andma stops being weak to her own element.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

He doesn’t turn green. There are no green super attacks, either, which is why Guru Andma uses the other character’s super moves. This leads to a hilarious moment when you’re fighting the four masters and Allegra makes you hold an overhead squat, then like a turn or two later Guru Andma makes you hold an overhead squat again and you literally drop dead after your legs fall off.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I think I found a bug on the first side mission on quest 2. I got a perfect score, but still failed to get 10000 or S rank. I think I mashed too fast for the bonks to count or they simply left out a gold so I wouldn't get that S rank.

edit: Tell us about your journey.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jul 8, 2021

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Whoops, wrong thread.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
For my 6th workout the game asked if I wanted to bump the difficulty up a little, and it kicked my rear end. So... many... squats.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

accept the squats within yourself and become stronger

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Get used to squats. There are a handful of levels in the game that you navigate (almost) entirely via squats. And then te boss at the end is blue so, you guessed it, more squats!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

There's only one high-level Blue single-target ability that's non-squats (the thigh press) and I wish there were alternatives.

They really are extremely challenging compared to the rest of the exercises? I have played this game long enough to NG++ and even after watching videos and reading about correct form, a set at max difficulty still requires me to take multiple breaks. (I think if they were all at double time I might be able to do it, it's specifically the holding that wears me out quickly, which is why the world squats aren't that bad)

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Chair Pose absolutely demolishes me for that reason. The Chair Pose minecarts almost always require me to stop multiple times. I hate 'em.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I loathe how demoralizing Mountain Climbers can get. Perfect the first few seconds, then slowly turns into half hits and taps. I am going to troubleshoot each time it does that. Very appreciative on it being the strongest AOE by a mile, but it is still annoying. Am I supposed to almost bend into a ball the whole time?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

There's only one high-level Blue single-target ability that's non-squats (the thigh press) and I wish there were alternatives.

They really are extremely challenging compared to the rest of the exercises? I have played this game long enough to NG++ and even after watching videos and reading about correct form, a set at max difficulty still requires me to take multiple breaks. (I think if they were all at double time I might be able to do it, it's specifically the holding that wears me out quickly, which is why the world squats aren't that bad)

Wow how could you forget about Knee Lifts? All my years of listening to ska prepared me for that one.

Zurai posted:

Chair Pose absolutely demolishes me for that reason. The Chair Pose minecarts almost always require me to stop multiple times. I hate 'em.

Yeah those are brutal, you’re not alone.

Scalding Coffee posted:

I loathe how demoralizing Mountain Climbers can get. Perfect the first few seconds, then slowly turns into half hits and taps. I am going to troubleshoot each time it does that. Very appreciative on it being the strongest AOE by a mile, but it is still annoying. Am I supposed to almost bend into a ball the whole time?

You should start in a push-up position but with your arms more forward than normal. Move one knee forward so your thigh is against your chest (you are in a runner’s lunge) then each movement do a little hop and switch which leg is forward. The game wants you to put that front leg fairly far forward each time you hop, while staying low but not too low. They’re very hard but rewarding once you get good at them.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Oh god I'm so sore.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

that means it's working

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Anyone playing the game don't have to worry about finishing everything in one go. At NG+, you can redo any stage, do any outstanding tasks, and re-fight the last boss. Might as well marathon every Dragaux stage as a victory lap when I am almost done with NG+.

My levels are almost at the XP cap and I can soon use those dragon smoothies. I never heard of Dragon Fruit and a cursory look says it is nutrient dense for its caloric content. It seems more edible than a pineapple and not such a pain to prepare. No stores I go to have these.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Exp cap meaning the point where every level is 10k exp? I guess it makes sense to wait until then to use the dragon drinks.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

from personal experience with dragonfruit, it's a lot more difficult to get ones that are properly ripe and actually taste good. the problem isn't that they taste BAD when not perfectly ripe, it's mainly that they end up tasting like practically nothing.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Got to level 300 and decided to try out difficulty 30 under a less than perfect condition. I should have waited another hour before doing this since I didn't have that feeling of a burst of energy and it was for a stage with a series of boss battles and no running. Didn't last one boss fight before reverting to 27. Everything felt like too much effort and almost did a third of my session's allotment on one monster.
I looked at what can happen if I flubbed an ultimate attack from Armando and he laughed and took off one row of hearts. Not even a final boss for that encounter and otherwise doing a disappointing amount of damage the whole time. Every regular hit from anything in NG+ has been half a heart.
The pet of Abdonis was a step up. Occasionally doing 2+ hearts with his alternate attack. His ultimate attack did about 15+ hearts and wiped me out. First time I saw the animation of the shield slowly being pushed back while I dropped my guard, so the game gives you a couple seconds of leeway in trying to keep your guard up. It didn't laugh at me for failing. The whole session was terrible and I didn't recover from that one fight.

If you feel like crap, just end it there for the day. I wouldn't bother waiting an hour just to recover from your condition. Do something else like pushing the ring. There is always tomorrow.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I finally got proof of the game bugging out during Dragaux's tantrums and the rocks stopped falling from the ceiling. At least it still counted blasting them and I could continue the fight.

Guru Andma's pet blew through my entire healthbar with its ultimate. That makes it the strongest boss by a big margin. Even Dragaux doesn't hit that hard yet.

Pedal Rush's activate way too often even with relying on balance skills half the time. I get too tired to get a great result after doing these dragged out ab skills. It would have the highest rush reps I have, but the other ones proc off skills that don't destroy my stamina.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

How long do you usually play in a session? It sounds like you go really hard sometimes which seems kind of… excessive? I usually do 30-45 minutes on days I’m not riding my bike. That’s a custom warm up plus 1-2 levels in Adventure or two full custom workouts. I really love custom mode, although you do more reps of exercises in Adventure at max difficulty.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I keep things difficult to see how the game works when you not use stuff. My current sessions on my days off last until I reach 600 calories according to the timer. Slightly under three hours a session. The session gets cut short if my form starts to get bad. The next day is one full hour on the bike and alternate.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Scalding Coffee posted:

Slightly under three hours a session.

:ohdear:

I mean more power to you if its working for you, but there are less time intensive ways to do this.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

My 7-year-old nephew insisted that he play some Ring Fit yesterday, so I obliged and set him up with a custom workout that was very mild. He’s not very coordinated so the only one he excelled at was overhead hip shake. Anyway, I set it to the least number of reps and I didn’t realize that lower difficulties/number of reps have you hold the poses a lot shorter time than higher ones. He was only holding front press or squat for like two seconds. Anyway, little observation.

Also, scalding coffee, this game is not a very efficient workout and the in-game calorie counter is wildly inaccurate. Track your workouts on a smart watch or whatever can track your heart rate if you want more accurate calorie counts. It seems like Nintendo intended for the game to be played for 30-60 (real world) minutes at a time. Anything above that is overkill. Don’t push yourself too hard, it isn’t worth it.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I'll drop it to an hour per session.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Also, scalding coffee, this game is not a very efficient workout and the in-game calorie counter is wildly inaccurate. Track your workouts on a smart watch or whatever can track your heart rate if you want more accurate calorie counts. It seems like Nintendo intended for the game to be played for 30-60 (real world) minutes at a time. Anything above that is overkill. Don’t push yourself too hard, it isn’t worth it.

I don't want to fixate on number but does the game's counter overshoot or undershoot burn rate

Harvey Birdman
Oct 21, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I don't want to fixate on number but does the game's counter overshoot or undershoot burn rate

Both, probably. It knows so little about you/your body chemistry/your actual effort, it can't be much more than a guess that gives you just a nice sense of progress. Another number you can use to set yourself some (kinda arbitrary, but still useful) goals.

Like, I think "go til I rack up X cals" is a perfectly fine way to set a session end. Right now I'm generally playing until I've gained at least 2 levels, which works out to about 45 minutes or so of irl time, maybe 20 on the in-game clock

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Seems like an underestimate, the counter goes up at a constant rate when you are doing work and isn’t really based on how hard you’re actually working. A real heart rate monitor that tracks calorie counts is going to be more accurate. When I do a 30 minute session I usually burn around 200 calories according to my watch but the in-game counter only says maybe 100.

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh
I've been doing about 20 mins exercise time a day (roughly 40-50 mins realtime) every day since the end of last year. Been playing on Lv30 for about the last 4 months of that I think (started at Lv19 and then bumped it up one every week or two), currently within a couple days of finishing NG+ (World 46). I'm not super obsessed with keeping a "streak" going, but so far I've managed 219 days without skipping a single one, so pretty pleased with that.

Couple questions before going into NG++ - I understand you get Lv4 skills with fixed damage across the board (depending on number of targets) to give more incentive to working towards Titles. Do the healing skills have Titles? I've barely used them, so not sure if I should start adding them to my roster even if its "wasting" a turn, for title progress. Also, do reps in Custom Mode count toward titles? I've been singularly focused on Adventure mode and haven't touched anything outside it yet (asides occasionally playing the rhythm game), but once NG++ is over I'll probably hop over to that.

Once NG++ is done, what happens next in adventure mode? Can you start NG++ over indefinitely or are you at that point just left with the completed worlds to pick levels to replay? I may push for Lv999 if Nintendo doesn't announce Ring Fit Adventure 2 or something before I get there

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Every skill has multiple titles and the healing skills also count toward the group based titles they belong to as well. I think all the healing skills cap out at 1000 for titles.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The healing skills get their last title at 3000 except for Fan pose, which is 2000 like the rest of the yoga poses. There’s a title for doing 1000 of each exercise.

I guess my advice would be to do the moves in Custom mode, which is what I’ve been doing.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Set all my skills to three stars and did the current session around an hour this time. I certainly don't mind seeing 5000 damage for completing a set and still finished a few courses to feel like real progress. Not like I was feeling down with seeing myself do so little damage at a time from before. It will make me focus on improving my form and not be tired from longer sessions. I really need to work on Warrior III. Shameful.

Allegra showed off her ultimate move and that knocked out 15 hearts at once. Never, ever skip leg day, Armando. Looking forward to seeing how hard Abdonis hits, but that one pet still was able to blow through a whole life.
Something I noticed is that Rush's don't work if the boss has a cutscene attack. Another item wasted.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Warrior III has sort of a trick. First of all, hinge at the hips. When you’re going down, keep your knee tucked until you’re about 3/4 of the way down, then stick your leg back. On the way up, keep your leg back for about 3/4 of the way and then bring your knee up as you’re straightening your back. Hopefully that makes sense. It helps with your balance too.

Now if only I could do tree without falling over :v:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I loving hate dread mill so much. Completely shows the limitations of the input system and when I inevitably fail it it completely demoralizes me

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Dreadmill is really hard but the hardest side quest was the gluting gallery where you have to get a fairly high score without collecting any gold coins. Just absolute bullshit.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
I just could not do the one where you had to hit the discs back. It never seemed to recognize the way I twisted the ring because the center "dead zone" is too wide to start, but somehow too narrow to recogninze when you stop in the middle. Also squattery wheel? Very dumb.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
American Gladiator using that ringcon and sensor without it hiccuping? Never going to work right.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

squattery wheel was definitely one of those minigames where i was wondering just how the hell that was supposed to be helping me exercise along with being annoying as hell. i try to avoid it any time i can.

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh
The worst minigames were the sidequest challenge on Dreadmill where you had to collect every coin or something (managed to clock up my entire daily 20 min and about 2 miles of running when I hit that one), a lategame Thigh Rider one where you have to collect every coin in fog so deep you can barely see them coming (at least that minigame itself is piss easy), and literally all of Squattery Wheel. So much malice drips from that one that I suspect it was never actually developed, but simply appeared in the game one night and nobody could figure out how to remove it.

I've got NG+ final boss to fight tonight, god help me. It took about a solid hour of exercise time to defeat the first time around, and I've noted that regular battles seem to be taking a bit longer than they did in NG (I tend not to use attack up smoothies for anything other than the gold/silver hoplin fights unless I severely can't be hosed that day), so this one might actually be the end of me.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Squattery wheel is exercise because you are squatting the whole time… I didn’t say it was good exercise. I’ve never had problems with the disc-hitting one. The one where you whack the robots with shields is tough, mostly because I try to go too fast and the game registers my movement weirdly.

All the late-game challenges are hard!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

It's so weird for me to hear that people have trouble with Squattery Wheel. That's easily my best mini-game, even beating out Thigh Rider. And I don't do well at long squats in general, either, just for whatever reason I almost always get a good score in Squattery Wheel on the first try.

The one I hate (aside from Dreadmill) is the one where you have to destroy walls of crates. I've never once managed to S-rank that one, and half the time I have to struggle for A-ranking it. I'm just not able to do it both quickly and accurately. I have a similar problem with the whack-a-mole minigame, although that's not quite as bad.