Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

did a bit of world 2 yesterday and got about 10 mins of active time in. legs and glutes are a tiny bit sore today. loving the game, and I'd play it again if only I hadn't developed a cold today. hopefully I'm recovered tomorrow so I can do more ring fit adventure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i finished world 2 last night and am debating attempting world 3 tonight. my legs are sore from yesterday still, but I'm having a great time with this game

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

SelenicMartian posted:

There is an achievement for consecutive days training.

I'll try to get that tomorrow and friday. I'm fasting those days, so I don't know if it will be possible or not, but I'll give it a shot.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

i ran through all of world 3 on difficulty 16 or 17 today. took me 34 minutes (active) including the one time I dropped my guard early and dragaux one-shot me.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

bushisms.txt posted:

Hey guy who invented planks, gently caress you

yeah i did two sets of planks and I hate them. it sucks most that you can't see the screen while you're doing them, which kinda rips away part of the reason for playing ring fit adventure (exercising and punishing myself so I can whap monsters)

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

did 21 minutes of active time today

does anyone commonly get intense exercise ranking? I usually max out at energetic and my heart rate really refuses to go higher than that it seems.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

i haven't played in the last two days cause I had been attempting to do a 7 day fast and was feeling more and more out of it on day 4 and 5. I'm eating again so I'll probably restart tonight. I dunno if it was the fasting or if the game setting is just too easy for me, but last time I played I barely got to moderate intensity exercise despite doing a 30 minute session. I'm p sure I'm on difficulty 20 or higher, but maybe I need to set the difficulty even higher...

or maybe I need to do more of the exercises that kill me, like squats, wide squats, and planks

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

i've decided that to get the most bang for my buck from this game I need to be doing squats. did wide squats in battle today and after about 75 of them my legs are dead

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

I'm questioning whether I should work my legs with squats again today or not. Yesterday I did at least 75 wide squats, which almost killed me, and today my legs feel like they're made of lead (no muscle soreness, but that usually only happens for me when I first start working a muscle group).

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

I got to Allegra and her attack animations are very much someone’s fetish

Also, I feel like her walk away animation is there to make me feel better after she wipes out 1/3 - 1/2 of my life in one attack phase :yosbutt:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Junpei Hyde posted:

i am so fuckin out of shape lol

anyway my FC is SW-7930-5907-2202 if you want someone to feel good in comparison to.

that dragon swole af

are friend codes being appended to the op? that'd be great

on wednesday night I gave blood, so I haven't played again till tonight. after approximately 13 minutes of active exercise (30 mins of gameplay I think), I was just absolutely wiped out. Didn't help that I did the world 7 leg gym for a quest and chair pose/wide squats murdered the hell out of me. I'm just now kinda recovered 4 hours later. I think me being down half a liter of blood is the cause, but I don't know. I haven't felt particularly tired the past few days until now, and the donation hadn't seemed to have an effect on me, but tonight I was wiped out by the game.

oh well, gonna play again tomorrow and beat world 7 dragaux (and maybe start world 8 some too).

Condiv fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Nov 16, 2019

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

MiddleOne posted:

Hahaha holy hell, don't train when you've just donated blood! I like your attitude but jesus.

I decided to put tonight’s training off. I’ll try tomorrow if I feel better than today

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Manuel Calavera posted:

Try doing the World 7 pre-boss fight against Allegra with Wide and Overhead Squats. :suicide:

i did it with just wide squats. i think that's the night I almost died

I need to do more wide and overhead squats, as they're clearly some of the toughest exercises for me in this game, but doing sets of 25 at a time is torture

MiddleOne posted:

Ahahahahaha.

I just got to planks, I think I got to 7 before I failed the exercise. Tried again later and got to 5. It's been 2 hours since I stopped and I literally can't self-right with my stomach anymore, it's fatigued to the point where it just won't respond. Awaiting the muscle sore of a lifetime tomorrow. :v:

I have not touched planks since the first time I did a set of them. I should do these again too, but leg raise seems like a less horrific way to torture my core

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

I just added everyone in the op. Here's my friend code: 4351 9300 6734

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

CodfishCartographer posted:

Me last night: man, warrior 1 is easy, I don't even feel it, I feel like I'm cheating here.
Me today: oh God my sides

Anyways, should I aim for a longer workout, or a shorter and more intense one? I've found a difficulty I can work up a sweat and keep going at around 75-80% heart rate for a while very comfortably. Last night I got the "hey wanna quit?" and declined cus I was still feeling good, and then when it prompted me again I still felt like I could keep going (but called it a night just in case). I feel like that's probably a good sign to up the difficulty, but I'm not sure what the ideal should be - whether I should aim to go for longer workouts, or more intense ones.

i've decided to do shorter ones. usually 15 minutes of active time each time, and try to work out every night. once I get into a habit where I am exercising every night no matter what, I'll bump my time up

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

My wife and I switched to seltzer water from soda a couple years ago (like many people our generation) and holy poo poo sugar cravings are real and terrible. I usually eat something very small to satisfy the craving like one cookie or a small piece of dark chocolate or one of those 100 calorie frozen yogurt bars. But I could never cut sugar completely out of my diet, I like to eat fruit and chocolate and stuff too much. And I usually snack on nuts or trail mix or nutty granola bars, not starches. But I also don’t count calories that I eat or portion out my food or anything because that’s way too tedious. I guess I’ll never be back at 175 like I was when I worked at a bicycle shop!

i was in this boat earlier this year. i also agree with polyanna, exercise isn't good for pursuing weight-loss. I've injured myself a couple of times trying to exercise myself out of being fat.

for me, what worked was a ketogenic diet + intermittent fasting. cutting out all but 20g of carbs actually helped a lot when it came to finally curbing my sugar cravings. likewise, on the days I am eating i'm not hungry, and I've managed to lose enough weight to be in the normal BMI range for my height for the first time in a decade and a half.

imo, it's best to leave weightloss to diet and exercise cause you want to be healthier in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I don’t want to lose weight bad enough to try some kind of fad diet but this isn’t a thread about nutrition it’s a thread about a fun exercise video game. And I will continue to exercise and probably be healthy even if I am still 200lbs. Maybe I’ll commit to eating less calories but I love food so it’s difficult!

Edit: my evil coworkers leave delicious candy on their desks because they want me to fail. The temptation is very strong.

sorry, just wanted to share what worked for me since i had similar issues.

my coworkers did that to me too. especially when I was fasting. one actually tried to force-feed me once.

i hope you stick to your diet and reach the weight you want.