Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No one has posted this? Shocking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-HX2UmLu5g

Game is good for my large, but also a cook for years so I have stamina and some fitness, self. I chose the, second hardest difficulty because of that. Got through first world in an hour, so difficulty is set at 21 now. Seems a good starting place to me.

Also swole fitness dragon is kinda hot ngl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
World 3 Dragaux is a jerk, I stopped yesterday after he beat me. Did a Multitask bonus, another level, and did the run to the boss a second time for the extra XP to get to level 18, and beat him the second time. Feels good, especially after going to the gym earlier to do stationary bike and leg exercises.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SelenicMartian posted:

The skill tree unlocks at level 40 and offers additional skill slots.

If you remember, how many health ups are there between like, 21 and there? I'm at 4 health currently and like halfway into world 3 so I'm curious.

Also Nthing the "screw planks" sentiment I've seen. Good grief that's a lot, even on difficulty 22.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh my legs are fine, it's my core that I thought was good and stable but I guess isn't *as* strong as I thought. I can do crunches. :iiam:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Silent mode is good and cool.
Also i goofed, I'm halfway through world 4, not 3.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bushisms.txt posted:

I don't care for sporta's rivers. My knees can only lift so much

Pick up the pace, Rookie! :colbert:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pollyanna posted:

Just the tutorial and 1 minute into beginnia and my thighs already feel like I did a bunch of squats.

Jesus, what happened to me?

Edit: holy loving poo poo. This might be the first time I have to admit defeat against a video game. I am so loving out of shape, I have to pause during each stage.

Edit 2:

https://twitter.com/retrocombine/status/1188179271178604544?s=21

This was level 2. Wow. This isn’t about the game anymore, this is about me. I’d be surprised if I could do this for 30 minutes.

What difficulty are you playing at? I believe in you if you are able to keep at it though, friend. ❤️

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Try lowering it then. Your health and safety take priority after all, don't push and hurt yourself. You can do it friend! :3:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a 7 day activity achievement or does that cap at 5? Just so I can be aware to clear it off.

And also, another option for "thread mantra." "Increase your pace!" Idk why my lizard brain responds so well to Ring saying that. But the fast paced moves feel better to me. Probably less time straining on some of the tougher movements. Or alternately, it feels good to do the overhead ring presses faster. Like you're getting more *oomph* out of em.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dragaux can smash me anytime. ;-*

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't wait for world 5 with all this talk of squats. Bitch got legs 💪.

How's World 4 Dragaux? Anything I should know in advance about him? Should I have the health restore skill on or just go for the attack skills? (also the sub boss for the rowing power is a dick for summoning more minions, but their health was low enough a few warrior poses took him out and I beat the fight easy. The overhead lean thing is strong and easy. Didn't even need to recover health that fight.)

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pollyanna posted:

It is Wednesday, I did world 1 on Saturday, and only now are my thighs starting to recover. Havent played since. Maybe Ill try default mode and see if its less painful on my thighs.

I still believe in you! Don't hurt yourself obv, but I know you can do it!

As for me, I bumped my difficulty up to 25 now. Being 32 and standing all day cooking at work, I can manage. I don't use the Planks because fuuucckkk that I don't have a mat for them, just my apartment carpet and an IKEA rug I got for like $10. Thankfully I have better skills for now until the skill upgrades in the currently distant future that do more damage.

I made it to level 5 though. And jesus all that rowing is something. The Dragaux fight before was nothing compared to the endless upriver rowing it felt like. The Squats were fine. But I'm not looking forward to this gym so much, going by a thing I saw on reddit.

Thigh Squeezes are easy though, I can almost chill for those. I'm not sure I have the form quite right for Warrior II though, 1 I have down now, aside from moving a little to fast.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Saxophone posted:

I'm 37 and just had a kid and that whole "uh, huh, I kinda want to be around to see this kid graduate and get married and do life things" thing. I'm definitely in the obese category, but my job is very physical just not particularly cardio-y. So I'm really strong, just fat-strong and winded easily.

Quick question though, I keep hearing about squats. My knees aren't great, how hard is this game on them? I know not as hard as continuing to be 300 pounds is gonna be on them, but still, I want to lose some weight before I start doing anything to stressing on myself.

I'm about 265, but walking and standing all day. I have had no issues, if that helps any.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alternate option for helping mood. Try hormones. But that only applies in certain cases. :gaysper:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's the lead up to Dragaux 4 or 5, after the Four Masters.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How swole are your legs now, Araxxor? I only just got to World 7, because I had a busy weekend of working.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Get it then, do your squats between splatting squids.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I feel like giving a title for working out so many days in a row (unless that number were 3 or 4) would be antithetical to the games philosophy of not pushing yourself too hard. Nintendo doesnt want to encourage people to hurt themselves by never taking days off.

You can just cheese it, pop into Adventure, and right out. I know I did one or two days in my 7 or 10 (whichever it is) stretch. I've otherwise done legit working out though. And feel like it's doing a lot more than anything I do at the gym.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Try doing the World 7 pre-boss fight against Allegra with Wide and Overhead Squats. :suicide:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is world 7 where we get the double jump? Or was it 9? Also I unlocked mountain climbers as a skill finally, and I laughed at the game. Like hooboy, gently caress no I'm not setting that one.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think it's every 15 minutes or so.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hahah, oh friend. You will have more squats than you can imagine. Soon, soon.

I'm up to World 9 now, close to the last Power. So that's good.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh, what's the last one after the uhh, jumps?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
YOUR SWEAT IS SO SHINY AND BEAUTIFUL! Is still funnier to me. Hearing Ring repeat that every new session is mildly annoying.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It took me til the end of World 11 to get the Guru Andma joke. And I hate it. UGH.

World 12 is the last Ring ability, y/n?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
World 13 sure is something.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
E - accidental emptyquote.
World...13-14? Is certainly a World.

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Feb 16, 2020

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BobTheJanitor posted:

It's fun that the game gives you custom titles when you get achievements. However, once I got 'package puncher' I realized I would never change it again.

I
I need to know what I need to do for this title.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also Gamestop sucks because their CEOs are loving greedy monsters.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zurai posted:

Smack Back is easy for me, for whatever reason. Dreadmill and the one with the 4x4 grid of crates can go gently caress themselves, though.

I got the Package Pulverizer title. That's all I care about for the grid one.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Footage of the rhythm game, SPLOON MUSIC IS ALWAYS GOOD.

https://twitter.com/PizzaSkunk/status/1243194944379969537

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Same, same.
Also the Legs & Core mode is brutal. Then again I did two Advanced Sploon medley runs in a row. Basic, then the Core. Ow my upper arms.

E - THEY ADDED A FINISH EXERCISE OPTION!

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Mar 26, 2020

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Was it? I read that complaint that there was no 'finish exercise' option for months in here.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SelenicMartian posted:

Holy poo poo, the last outfit in the game.

Go on, I wish to know more. (I am catching up on missed recipes and leveling, I left off at world like, 18.)

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knorth posted:

Are there certain colours of joycon that are technically better than others? I haven't had any trouble so far with my original ones but it'd be nice to know if I do ever need to replace them

The pink/green ones are objectively the best because Splatoon is one of the best games on the system. :woomy:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'd uhh, still avoid gyms. It doesn't quite seem safe, no matter where you're at and how controlled the plague is in your part of the world. I wouldn't trust other people, sounds like a bad time.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just hit level 201 today, woo. I'm holding off on progress in the Extra levels while I go back and clear the other worlds, that aren't "Get more money!" or "get these gems you'll never use again!" Speaking of. Do they have any use after you buy that tier of gear? Will I need, like, rubies and amethyst in the future or can I sell them?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Oddly enough, they become required again on your third playthrough to buy the III-tier equipment.

So that's why I haven't been selling them. Good to know!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Agreed that healing seems useless, especially when you have smoothies available and it doesn't waste a turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there an actual tolerable level to grind out dragon fruit? I now there's one or two levels in the main campaign that give like, one or two at a time. But is there a better place in NG+? I mean I'm around level 230 now so it's not NEEDED but.