Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Having played this for the past two days and my legs are still sore, think I'm gonna not do adventure mode today and just do some arm exercises in quickplay.

Game's really fun though, splitting up the standing exercises/cardio is great for not feeling like you're gonna die, and the guided warm up and cool down stretches feel helpful. I definitely don't do that enough when I exercise on my own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Pollyanna posted:

Alright, I’ll put Adventure Mode off until my thighs recover cause jesus. I suspect that I’m doing Silent Mode jogging wrong. Or maybe right, cause the last time I felt like this in my thighs is when I was doing squat weight training.

Honestly, you might just be doing it right. When I started my legs hurt for like three or four days after, but now I'm ok playing for longer than I did that first time. It's gonna suck at first, but just take your time and wait until a muscle stops being sore before you exercise it again.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
I was doing fine today until I hit the "leg gym" in world 5.

My thought process went something like this:

Oh hey, mountain climbers! Didn't know this game had those, that's cool. Wonder when I unlock that mo-OH GOD NO MY LEGS :gonk:

Decided I was done for the day after that, lol

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

organburner posted:

This game won't even let me attempt planks, I get into the starting position and just stay there and it won't register?
I've tried moving the thigh strap but it didn't seem to help, is there some way I can test out exercises out of combat?

Try keeping your legs very still? I noticed if I was moving them at all it wouldn't let me start, since that's how the game calibrates where your starting position is.

You should also be able to try individual exercises in the custom exercise mode from the main menu, but I haven't tried it so I'm not exactly sure how it works

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

organburner posted:

I kept them as still as I could.
Man that attack looks so good, too bad I can't use it ):

If it's any consolation, I think I was somehow doing them wrong because I managed to give myself rugburn (yoga mat burn?) on my elbows after two days of using planks

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

organburner posted:

How?
I don't think your elbows are supposed to move, are you using like a super rough mat?

Honestly I'm not sure, I didn't think I was moving my elbows and the mat's pretty soft. Gonna be more careful next time I do planks, but so far I've been taking a break from them.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

The Walrus posted:

does this game have multiple profiles for my girlfriend and I to go through the campaign separately?

Yeah, all you need to do is make another user account on the Switch for your gf if she doesn't already have one, then it'll track everything separately

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

When do you get Planks and what style is the exercise?

I've done planks in the past and I'm trying to conceive of this whole rug burn issue

You get them by levelling up iirc, probably around world 4?

And the actual exercise is: going into a plank position and then lifting your hips up and holding it, then going down as one rep

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Lazy_Liberal posted:

my ankles hurt. probably because i run stupid. are folks playing this barefoot or in sneakers or what?

I've been playing on a yoga mat in socks

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

njsykora posted:

I need to bump the difficulty I think, I pushed through multiple "maybe you should take a break" notifications today just because I wasn't even sweating.

This happened to me and then a few levels + swapping out skills later I found myself wanting to move the difficulty back down because the exercises I was doing were waaay harder. I really like how non-judgemental the game is about doing that

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Snake Maze posted:

Fire Emblem: Three Houses

(the houses are arms, legs, and abs)

Well yeah, Abdonis is...preeeetty similar looking to Claude already

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

organburner posted:

WHY DID THESE ABSOLUTE COCKFUCKERS PUT SO MANY PINWHEEL DOORS ON THIS loving MAP?!?

NO RING I'M NOT OK, gently caress YOU I AIN'T TAKING NO BREAKS!

I know exactly what level you're talking about and yeah it feels like a joke after a certain point

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
I just did a boss fight where, after doing Wide Squats, the game made me defend against a powerful leg attack by...holding a wide squat for a looong time. I thought my legs were going to burst into flames but somehow I made it out ok

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

BobTheJanitor posted:

I can never get it to recognize my starting position for planks unless I put my legs all the way on the ground. If I'm understanding it right, you're supposed to be balanced on your forearms and toes and off the ground with the rest of your body, but I literally have to fall flat on the ground before it does the little countdown to let me start.

The game is waiting for you to keep your leg still, if it's moving too much it won't start the countdown because that's how it calibrates what your starting position is

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Guru Andma, Guruandma, Grandma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

HenryEx posted:

It sold almost as much as FE:Three Houses lmao

Ring Fit Adventurer for smash?