Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I wanna get this game since I think it would be a really good way to ease myself into more regular exercise.

Only problem is it looks like it involves a ton of jogging in place right now and I just can't do that anymore. I got diagnosed with some irritating "flat feet" issue by a PT this year and I'm apparently hammering my legs joints every time I do strenuous leg movements. I used to be able to manage it but the pain has gotten so bad this year, hence why I went to a doc in the first place. Until I get expensive custom inserts molded for my feet, I can't be applying tons of pressure to em.

Eventually I'll get that resolved, but I've already seen the effect cutting back on my more active movement has add over the last few months and it troubles me. Bottom line; are there exercises in this game you can do to work out the upper body and not put a ton of stress on the legs in the process?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Unlucky7 posted:

I can't speak on the rest of the exercises, but there is a silent mode for the jogging that involves jiggling in place doing tiny squats instead of jogging in place.

Unfortunately squats are one of the things that stresses my joints :(

I used to them a lot since they were something I could do at home but they got to the point where the pain was too much. Sometimes I can do them without issue but other days I'll do like 6 and then suddenly my joints scream like someone stuck a knife in them. Its awful.