Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

That's like the opposite of what I expected a ring fit speedrun to be but what I expected was something cheesier and lazier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You can totally still jog in silent mode, it seems like it just ups the sensitivity on the motion sensor in the leg joycon. Or if you have an injury you can turn on assist mode for legs and just not have to jog at all.

I started using an anti-fatigue foam kitchen mat as a cushion to stand on. It's slightly thicker than a yoga or pilates mat and I can just move it back to the kitchen when I'm done.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

Playing through the campaign now.

Wish i could level up the attacks i like so that i can keep using them instead of having to switch to ones i like less cause they do triple the damage.

Otherwise a good way to lose a few pounds a week.

There's upgraded versions of exercises as you go on and it stops being an issue after a point

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The first time the game had me do mountain climbers (one of those fitness gym minigames) I was befuddled and sore, but now they're one of my favorite exercises. Especially since the motion sensor in my left joycon still plays nice with it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I used to hate planks and mountain climbers but love both.

Strengthening your core goes a long way.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Turns out a lot of folks don't do a lot of work with their legs or core in their daily lives so expect stuff like planks and mountain climbers to also give you some trouble until you get your body strong enough to handle them. Much less the Other Squat types.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Any exercise that starts off feeling impossible is an exercise you just haven't gotten much experience with yet.

In time all will become fairly manageable and then you can ramp up the difficulty a bit.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

About when you hit the first town in the game.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah mats definitely help. Again, less so with some balance-based yoga moves, but just having a mat at all will help with the majority of what the game will ask you to do.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah turns out sticking a light rpg to a light exercise routine goes a long way for some folks, myself included.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

One Squat Man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

never sell your rubies or pearls