Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

I don't know if trying to beat world 2 all in one go was the smart thing to do butt gently caress it I done did it.

Draguqeuex feels kinda condescending though, he could easily smash me if he didn't just work out when I was trying to beat on him.
That will be his downfall though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

I mean the whole point of the game is to wrestle him into submission and then S the dragon D, right?

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

The squat minigame kinda feels hosed up to me, even when I try to go for the lightest squat it goes full out, anyone else have this issue?
I wish I could like, calibrate my squat by first doing a full squat so it can detect my full range of motion.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This game won't even let me attempt planks, I get into the starting position and just stay there and it won't register?
I've tried moving the thigh strap but it didn't seem to help, is there some way I can test out exercises out of combat?

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

Xad posted:

Try keeping your legs very still? I noticed if I was moving them at all it wouldn't let me start, since that's how the game calibrates where your starting position is.

You should also be able to try individual exercises in the custom exercise mode from the main menu, but I haven't tried it so I'm not exactly sure how it works

I kept them as still as I could.
Man that attack looks so good, too bad I can't use it ):

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

Xad posted:

If it's any consolation, I think I was somehow doing them wrong because I managed to give myself rugburn (yoga mat burn?) on my elbows after two days of using planks

How?
I don't think your elbows are supposed to move, are you using like a super rough mat?

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

SynthesisAlpha posted:

My carpet is kinda rough and I got some plank scabs real fast. Definitely use a yoga mat or like a soft bath towel.

They're not supposed to move but my entire body isn't supposed to scream either and planks kinda make both of those things happen.

oh there's a trick to that, yell louder than your body.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

I got a better exercise mat so now I can plank!

5 times and then my feet slip why the gently caress is it so many reps holy poo poo.

You can easily cheat though... But that defeats the entire purpose of the game!

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

Zerilan posted:

Had my first real day of it. Did the first stage, took a break because my joycon batteries died. Came back awhile later for stage two. Decided that even in my terrible shape I wanted a bit tougher workout so upped the difficulty from 10 to 17, finished the world.

Think I need to start setting down a mat for floor exercises. Years of poor posture and a flabby untoned rear end make sitting in the right position for leg-chest presses real uncomfortable on the tailbone.

Get a mat, some other later exercises will greatly benefit from not being done on a hard floor.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

I'm at level 40 after doing 15-20 minutes of active time sessions for about 10 sessions.

I might try to do the leg gym again today... Maybe... Mountain climber loving kills me...

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

Today was a day of bad decisions:
Raise difficulty by one
Decide to ace leg gym
Discover the next track is all squats
Realize I need to do wide squats for the enemies

I have no legs anymore, halp.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

Saxophone posted:

I'm 37 and just had a kid and that whole "uh, huh, I kinda want to be around to see this kid graduate and get married and do life things" thing. I'm definitely in the obese category, but my job is very physical just not particularly cardio-y. So I'm really strong, just fat-strong and winded easily.

Quick question though, I keep hearing about squats. My knees aren't great, how hard is this game on them? I know not as hard as continuing to be 300 pounds is gonna be on them, but still, I want to lose some weight before I start doing anything to stressing on myself.

Also, I'm about ten years your junior but in the same weight class. I also have some knee issues due to a small injury way back, and while there are a lot of squats in this game you are only doing body weight stuff so it shouldn't be too strenuous. Of course it's hard to say what is too much for you.
As far as I know the game has decent accessibility options though, and you could also see a doctor or maybe a physical therapist and ask them.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

Gluteus Maximus posted:

You know what's also a bad decision?

Wearing a weighted vest.

Sir, that's my actual fat body, not a vest.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

Tesh posted:

Folks who have been playing consistently since launch - have you noticed any loss in weight or inches?

I got this a week after launch and play for around 20 minutes of active time per day (Though sometimes shorter or easier levels) and I'm noticing a difference with my belt. I haven't stepped on the scales though, I'll need to start doing that though I still need more time to get good data on that.

But eating right is also important if you are aiming for weight loss.

My mobility has definitely increased .

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

UPDATE:

I can tighten my belt another notch since I started.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

there was one map that was just a long series of squat trampolines.

It hurt.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

Junpei Hyde posted:

I was not able to do world 2 in one session. ow.

Yeah, doing a whole world in a day stops being feasible real fast.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

I do mountain climbers against my couch. Unfortunately this means I can not see the TV so I have no idea if I'm hitting hard or no.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

I just can’t quite figure out what the movement for mountain climber is supposed to be. It’s like the pose you take before you sprint, but switching legs a bunch?

I tried it and it just doesn’t feel right. There’s some weird poo poo in that movement.

yeah I can't do it on the ground so I keep trying against my couch but I don't think I'm getting proper hits in.

Also god drat the game goes really squat heavy for traversing in some places. There's a reason I never equip any squat attacks anymore, but I still hit 86 loving squats today.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

I have so much loving money but none of the clothes or smoothies seem worth it...

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

I should say here probably that I quite often re-run old levels because I sleep like poo poo quite often and just can't do the poo poo I need to progress.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

I cannot smack all the frisbees back at all the robots, it's not gonna happen, because whenever I need to smack back two in rapid succession I get an intentional input that fucks me up ):

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

I'm still trying to figure out my routine for this, first I thought I was just gonna do it every day for 20 minutes of active time which was a dumb idea, so I went with 5 days on 2 off which is still leaving me exhausted. Might just go for every other day instead.

When I went to the gym I did 5 days on 2 days off alternating between cardio and weights, but for some reason I can't do 5 days of this in a row without becoming just exhausted.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

Actually I don't think I'm exercising too much, I'm just sleeping like poo poo.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

I didn't mind the minigames right up until they became obligatory to progress.
I suck at all of them it feels like, but the squat one, I wish I could calibrate it or something because if I just slightly bend my knees it's like MAXIMUM SQUAT ACTIVATE.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

WHY DID THESE ABSOLUTE COCKFUCKERS PUT SO MANY PINWHEEL DOORS ON THIS loving MAP?!?

NO RING I'M NOT OK, gently caress YOU I AIN'T TAKING NO BREAKS!

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

I'm too exhausted to remember but I want to say world 11?

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

Time to take a break my man.

But yeah muscles interconnect all weirdly, sometimes I'll sit down bad and my entire right body is no more than pain.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

overhead squats, planks and mountain climbers kill me absolutely.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

someone else might have mentioned this but if you press on the ring real hard you do a better air blast that can open doors in one hit and also seems to give you more xp.

Just something I wanted to mention.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

BobTheJanitor posted:

I am physically incapable of working out without it making numbers go up on my video game.

:same:

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

I decided to slot in all the moves that I have problems with (Planks, mountain climber and boat pose) and go slumming in low level tracks.
I can do planks and mountain climber kinda ok after figuring out my starting pose but god drat, boat pose, goddamn.
I guess my abs need more work.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

Oyster posted:

I've only started world 3 and am having some serious wrist pain. I think its tendonitis that was beginning to be bothersome, but working with the ringcon has made it exponentially worse. Has anyone else encountered that? Would a brace of sorts help, or am I resigned to avoiding any pushing on the ring?

I would recommend talking to a medical professional.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

AKA Driver posted:

Yeah, Ring will mention during the action that you can raise your legs off the ground to make it harder and work your abs, if you want.

Has anyone had any long-term stories with this game yet? I'm on Day 34 at Level 30 difficulty. I'm also waiting for a job to start, so I usually play about an hour in-game (so like 2 real hours a day). What kind of tone is anyone seeing? Or are more people seeing more stamina/endurance type success? I had been doing long-distance running for my main exercise, but wanted to switch things up to get some different type of training and tone up. I'm not sure if I'm seeing anything huge in 34 days, but I guess it's helping? Wondering what everyone else was seeing.

(Also, getting to a fitness gym in game at Difficulty 30 occasionally makes my heart sink, especially if it involves Mountain Climbers).

I don't play quite at your intensity, I do 20-30 minutes active workouts on level 20 every other day.

I forget what day I'm on at this point, but I have skipped some due to flu seasons and bleeding way too much after a wisdom tooth extraction.

At this point I have noticed I have better balance during yoga moves (Though I still can't tree pose properly) and I'm way more flexible. I've also lost a bit of weight, would probably lose more if I stopped eating trash but eh.
Some moves have also gotten easier, like mountain climber and planks (Only need to take one break when planking now!... Usually at least) but boat pose is still impossible for me.

I just want to get stronger core muscles and stamina. I got some issues with my back meaning if I don't work out relevant muscles my back starts hurting real bad after a while. Since I used to do mostly weight training my flexibility was also trash (Because who's got time for stretching properly?) but ring fit is helping with that.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

God drat I'm really not enjoying some of these gym quests, finally managed to do the first smack back one where you can't miss a single discus.
It sucked.

I should just skip them but I want to do them all despite really disliking them!

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Get a yoga mat.

Holy gently caress this.

A real thick one can help, but I find it also messes up my balance when doing some of the yoga poo poo where you stand on one leg, so maybe have a thinner one as well if that is an issue for you too.
Then the thick one is great when doing some of those exercises that can be hard on your rear end when you're like sitting.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

he1ixx posted:

I may have missed this but I was thinking about buying a copy for me and my wife. I assume we can each have a save slot to track our separate progression?

Yeah, it's kinda weird but when you launch into the adventure part it asks which profile you want to use, rather than selecting profile when you launch the game itself.

I just realized I've only tried out the adventure mode and nothing else, lol.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

SelenicMartian posted:

Running around and skipping over monsters is how I get 150 kcal burned in 30 minutes of "activity". Why the gently caress is Mario fat?

And now I can go back to the first worlds and kill everything in a couple of hits.

Mario keeps eating them giant mushrooms and poo poo.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

JHVH-1 posted:

I need new workout shorts or something. It’s been too drat hot that I put off playing this.

ngl I work out in nothing but boxers right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

yeah I can't quite figure out the angles the joycon needs to be at for mountain climbers.
Does it need to go from like, parallel to the floor with the joystick pointing down to then being as close to 180 degrees around with the joystick pointing up or something? I can't get it to work consistently.
I do like planks and mountain climbers otherwise since they seem to help with upper body strength.