Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
This game has turned out to be surprisingly helpful for me as I try to improve my cardio fitness. I think I took it too slow and first and was grinding so as not to be humiliated by boss fights when I should have been pushing forward and unlocking smoothies and a wider variety of exercises. Looking forward to seeing more.

I still have no idea how Ab Guard is supposed to work, though? Like, I'm not failing it; I just don't feel like I'm doing an exercise or how I ought to breathe when I'm doing it. I bet if I read this whole thread I'll discover a lot of people answering this question in the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Riven posted:

Yeah I totally tense up my core, and I feel it there, but the language they use does not indicate to me that there is some active timing thing where I’m actually supposed to push out in a way the ring can detect. I don’t even know how I would make the ring detect it since I squash the gently caress out of that thing. It is fully compressed against my abs.

Yeah, this advice is helping me pose myself correctly, but I'm still not exactly sure how I would do the ab guard "better" than I currently am, or how the ring would know if I did.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Is there a good guide somewhere on how to perform the exercises and engage the right muscle groups? I feel like some of these are really hard and some of them are easy in a way that suggests that I'm not doing them right, like the thigh press and the overhead bend.

(Some of this is probably just that my size makes me naturally a lot better at doing exercises that don't require me to work against my own body weight, but I feel like I don't quite get the point of the overhead bend, which is a problem when it's a much higher attack power than anything else I have.)

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

My new nemesis is now the hinge pose, because the game simply will not recognize my motions properly at all and doesn't seem to think the ring is moving until after it's halfway down.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I've lost ten pounds or more since the beginning of October.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

This game has been the most effective fitness and weight loss tool I have ever used; I just want to say. Being encouraged to spend just twenty minutes a day on mildly-strenuous exercise is very nearly life-changing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

bowmore posted:

How much better are you feeling?

It's definitely done its share of helping me avoid injuries and deal with the increasing amounts of aching and tightness I get just for continuing to be alive past my 35th birthday, but honestly, the main thing is just finding a regular exercise routine that's enjoyable and not a painful thing I did because people were guilting me into it.