Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh
I've been doing about 20 mins exercise time a day (roughly 40-50 mins realtime) every day since the end of last year. Been playing on Lv30 for about the last 4 months of that I think (started at Lv19 and then bumped it up one every week or two), currently within a couple days of finishing NG+ (World 46). I'm not super obsessed with keeping a "streak" going, but so far I've managed 219 days without skipping a single one, so pretty pleased with that.

Couple questions before going into NG++ - I understand you get Lv4 skills with fixed damage across the board (depending on number of targets) to give more incentive to working towards Titles. Do the healing skills have Titles? I've barely used them, so not sure if I should start adding them to my roster even if its "wasting" a turn, for title progress. Also, do reps in Custom Mode count toward titles? I've been singularly focused on Adventure mode and haven't touched anything outside it yet (asides occasionally playing the rhythm game), but once NG++ is over I'll probably hop over to that.

Once NG++ is done, what happens next in adventure mode? Can you start NG++ over indefinitely or are you at that point just left with the completed worlds to pick levels to replay? I may push for Lv999 if Nintendo doesn't announce Ring Fit Adventure 2 or something before I get there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh
The worst minigames were the sidequest challenge on Dreadmill where you had to collect every coin or something (managed to clock up my entire daily 20 min and about 2 miles of running when I hit that one), a lategame Thigh Rider one where you have to collect every coin in fog so deep you can barely see them coming (at least that minigame itself is piss easy), and literally all of Squattery Wheel. So much malice drips from that one that I suspect it was never actually developed, but simply appeared in the game one night and nobody could figure out how to remove it.

I've got NG+ final boss to fight tonight, god help me. It took about a solid hour of exercise time to defeat the first time around, and I've noted that regular battles seem to be taking a bit longer than they did in NG (I tend not to use attack up smoothies for anything other than the gold/silver hoplin fights unless I severely can't be hosed that day), so this one might actually be the end of me.

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh
Made it to the very final world of NG+2! Also unlocked the very final outfit (and 100% completed the catalogue) and it is... a thing of sheer unparalleled beauty: (big spoilers, obviously)

Just got this world to go, and 45 more titles (many of which I'll have to do outside adventure mode because they're for those useless healing exercises). Hell yeah.

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh
I completely finished Adventure Mode last week - master worlds, every sidequest & stage clear, catalogue/skills etc 100% - at 30 difficulty. I had 40ish titles left to get, debated just plugging away at those in custom mode, but given my remaining skills are very heavily skewed yellow (why are there so many yellow skills) and I'm likely to get very bored of custom mode, I decided to just go ahead and completely restart adventure mode. Goodbye, Lv454 100% completed profile (there's an option in the settings to reset adventure mode whilst retaining titles, stats, high scores).

That turned out to be a really good call I think, I'm playing at difficulty 20 now instead, focusing on the skills I need to get titles in (as I unlock them, so currently doing a shitload of knee-to-chest and fan pose) but still getting a good mixed workout with the running and other skills mixed in. And it's gotten me really back into playing it a ton more each day, I'm hitting 40-50 mins exercise time daily at the moment (previously aimed for 20 and frequently didn't hit it), getting pretty mad overlevelled (combination of regularly using healing skills, having the Always Complete Exercises option turned on, and regularly using skills the enemy isn't specifically weak to) which is keeping it really fun.

Halfway through world 5 again, just spent nearly 20 minutes on the armando fight because I was alternating knee-to-chest with 2 healing skills. Definitely would not be making nearly as much progress towards titles in custom mode.

For anyone who wants to know what happens after you finish adventure mode completely: Nothing. You can replay any old levels and I think re-fight the final boss as much as you like, but that's the absolute final end of any additional adventure content. Your only other option is to reset your adventure mode file and start afresh.

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh

Completed a full year! Didn't skip a single day either, it's my ring fit anniversary tomorrow (although there were definitely a few very light days here and there).

Found a way to farm out the healing skills effectively that works for me (Custom Mode bores me senseless) - only target a single enemy at a time in battle. After my move, intentionally take damage, spend the next 3 turns going through a string of healing moves (continue taking intentional damage between turns), once done (or I don't get attacked) then I attack the next enemy. Working on 3 healing skills at a time works for me because on the 4th turn all 3 are still recharging, and on the 5th they start becoming reusable again, so there's a nice loop to it and I'm tackling 3 sets of titles at once.

For 5-enemy battles this does draw out the length of the battle insanely, but with a good podcast or TV show I find I don't mind it at all, and I find something very fun about becoming just comically overlevelled. I think I'm approaching 50 levels above the recommended level curve and I'm only on World 12 of this run.

261 titles done, 20 titles to go.

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh

Scalding Coffee posted:

I just got Duck Hunt dog trolled at a Dragaux stage and I hope it was scripted to add a minute of extra effort to squat trampolines. Even Ring was all, welp, let's do it over again. It happened in slow motion as slowed my fall, then got pushed off right as I touched ground. I fared better the second attempt.

If its the same thing I'm thinking of with the coin pusher trap above the trampoline yeah I remember getting caught out by that exact thing myself a couple of times. I don't want to do more squats why after you making me do more squats

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh

Scalding Coffee posted:

The difficulty level affects the Great minimum of all your Rush skills. Using 15 as a baseline, you can get full XP on 32 reps, whether it is Pedal Rush or Rush Lift. It increments every couple of levels.

The amount of time you get in the rush increases by difficulty level too though so I think it's just to account for that.

And yeah carrots, pumpkins and chia seeds seem to be incredibly uncommon, although I guess being able to craft dozens of those would break the game somewhat (what also breaks the game somewhat: grinding 3 healing skills between every single actual attack. I am now about 70 levels above the recommended for each stage and it's great).

3 titles left to go! Hip Lifts (man I can't these fuckers to register Greats consistently, but I don't really care because all I'm counting is reps), Standing Forward Folds, and Overhead Side Bends. The first two I'm only 2 and 5 sets away respectively from completing too, at which point I'll just make all 3 of my healing skills different levels of overhead bend and go to town on them. Might have that 281st title by the end of the week :getin:

I hit 10k Overhead Arm Twist reps too. Fun fact: that's a thing that the game actually acknowledges!

I wonder what's the max number of reps the game has a coded in little acknowledgement for. Also, I wonder if anyone's hit 10k on planks or overhead squats without dying.

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh
It's done. 281/281 titles, hell yeah :getin:

Now just gotta get back to world 69 for the truly completed file.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

How did you do it so fast and at such a low level? Tons of custom mode? Some of the rep goals are insane.

Bit late to this one, but that's actually my second playthrough - there's option in the settings to completely reset Adventure Mode progress other than Titles obtained & stats etc, which I did after clearing world 69. Most of the titles I was still missing at that point were the yellow ones (christ there's a lot of yellow skills) and healing skills, which I just started grinding them out real hard (started taking 3 healing skill turns to every 1 attack turn)