Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Internet Kraken posted:

I wanna get this game since I think it would be a really good way to ease myself into more regular exercise.

Only problem is it looks like it involves a ton of jogging in place right now and I just can't do that anymore. I got diagnosed with some irritating "flat feet" issue by a PT this year and I'm apparently hammering my legs joints every time I do strenuous leg movements. I used to be able to manage it but the pain has gotten so bad this year, hence why I went to a doc in the first place. Until I get expensive custom inserts molded for my feet, I can't be applying tons of pressure to em.

Eventually I'll get that resolved, but I've already seen the effect cutting back on my more active movement has add over the last few months and it troubles me. Bottom line; are there exercises in this game you can do to work out the upper body and not put a ton of stress on the legs in the process?

I can't speak on the rest of the exercises, but there is a silent mode for the jogging that involves jiggling in place doing tiny squats instead of jogging in place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I am wondering, am I supposed to only choose cooldown only if I am done for the day, or if I just want to take a break (Which, shamefully, is after every major course)?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Ha, my abs are to concave for that to happen!

:smith:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Countblanc posted:

today the game was having a hard time sensing my leg movements (jogging, running, squats, chair, probably others I can't remember), to the point where i basically had to put my rear end on the ground to get squats to register. it was completely fine before, is the game super sensitive to where you place the leg strap on any given day?

Make sure that the leg strap is on so that the joycon is facing forward and pointing straight up when you are standing. The troubleshooting says as much and I noticed that it does get a bit weird if it starts to drift a bit.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Countblanc posted:

I'll keep that in mind tomorrow, thanks.

One more thing: It also says that the joycon should be around the middle of the thigh.

Anyway, after a couple of days of feeling destroyed after an area I am finally going to lower the difficulty. It is currently at 13.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Does the game have a new game plus or second loop? I would think that it would be perfect for it.