Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

DC Murderverse posted:

i'd say that the Big 10/SEC challenge should be a thing in football (ala the Big Ten/ACC or Big 12/SEC in basketball), but the Big 10 would never allow it because it would basically guarantee the top teams in the Big Ten would get losses before the season starts, making it harder to get them into the playoffs

There are a fair number of B1G/SEC bowl games, so that kinda counts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

DC Murderverse posted:

i'd say that the Big 10/SEC challenge should be a thing in football (ala the Big Ten/ACC or Big 12/SEC in basketball), but the Big 10 would never allow it because it would basically guarantee the top teams in the Big Ten would get losses before the season starts, making it harder to get them into the playoffs

I dunno, last time OSU played an SEC team, they did pretty well.

EDIT: Now ACC on the other hand...

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Holy poo poo these Space game uniforms

https://twitter.com/UCF_Football/status/1187078131384897537?s=19

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Needs more challenger nods to reflect their season

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

lmao northwestern's winning percentage is better than indiana, get in the trashcan hoosiers.

Yes we are very bad op. As in, one of the losingest programs of all time.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
On the other hand we are going to beat Nebraska and Northwestern the next two weeks and they will rank us going into the Penn State game where we will get beaten by roughly 80 points and it will be cited as a "quality win against a ranked opponent" for Penn State.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I'm going up to West Point to see Army play San Jose State on Saturday hell yeah boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooy

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
https://twitter.com/ADavidHaleJoint/status/1187387672039448577?s=20

*checks notes*

Yup, checks out.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Miami too high

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
Weather in Baton Rouge is going to be fuckin poo poo-rear end tomorrow into Saturday. No rumblings of the game being canceled or PPD or anything but it's gonna be sloppy

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Going to my first Aggie game in 5 years

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
We got SMU-Houston tonight for slightly above-average Thursday fare

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Speaking of holgo...

https://kfor.com/2019/10/24/former-wvu-coach-dana-holgorsen-ex-wife-named-in-rental-lawsuit/

quote:

A landlord has filed a lawsuit alleging former West Virginia University football coach Dana Holgorsen and his ex-wife owe two months of back rent and fees for cleaning and repairs.

It says the home was rented to Candice Holgorsen for $2,500 a month, that back rent is owed for July and August 2019 and nearly $20,000 is owed for cleaning and repairs.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

$20,000 in cleaning in repairs will cover like 3 lightbulbs and some fresh paint according to most landlords.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

KKKLIP ART posted:

$20,000 in cleaning in repairs will cover like 3 lightbulbs and some fresh paint according to most landlords.

an oven/stovetop cleaning alone runs you about $12,000

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

I can imagine Holg punching holes in walls (drunk, of course).

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

KKKLIP ART posted:

I once got dinged $85 for not changing one lightbulb and taking the toilet paper.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

First thing I did when we moved where we are now is take out all the lovely bulbs and replace them with led bulbs, saving the old ones to put back when I move.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Yeah, getting stuck with a $20k bill like that means they just know you're good for it, not that you went all Motley Crue up in there.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

dat SMU run, oh i hope people were watching

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid
Last place I rented was in Australia and there the government holds your rental deposit and the land lord has to send a bill to them for charges. They end up nickel and dimming the poo poo out of you, but it means that at least the line item prices are reasonable.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

tactlessbastard posted:

Yeah, getting stuck with a $20k bill like that means they just know you're good for it, not that you went all Motley Crue up in there.

I had the displeasure of dealing with Holgorsen a lot at WVU and I could absolutely buy him being an energetic alcoholic who destroys a bunch of poo poo.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
You know how sometimes with Venetian blinds, one of the blinds will kinda get stuck on another and sit at an angle? I got billed for that on move-out once

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

ur in my world now posted:

You know how sometimes with Venetian blinds, one of the blinds will kinda get stuck on another and sit at an angle? I got billed for that on move-out once

I got billed for carpet being damp due to a carpet cleaning that they required be done that day.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

iwentdoodie posted:

I got billed for carpet being damp due to a carpet cleaning that they required be done that day.

I lived in a house for like 7 years with several roommates. Upon moving out, we did a serious deep cleaning of the carpets prior to moving out and the landlord took our whole deposit to replace the carpets. Even though the damage was due to normal wear and tear.

I had a landlord itemize 'vacuuming under appliances' because I had to use roach dust because she wouldn't keep up with basic pest control. She also charged me for not cleaning under the grout seal she put over mildew before I moved in. :suicide:

Landlords are nearly uniformly terrible people.

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

All landlords are bastards

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I had a run of pretty good ones. The last four places I've rented were taken care of and I got all of my deposits back. One I even lucked out because they sold the building to a developer who wanted to demolish and rebuild. Under VA law, they had a pay me a relocation fee. That was awesome.

But those college and 20s ones ugh.

We bought a house two months ago, so the renting days are over. Our mortgage is less than the rent we were paying, but that down payment oof.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I must be pretty lucky... I've never not gotten my entire deposit back. Even in college.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I love Mike Leach but he looks like the kind of guy who'd be a cheap bastard landlord.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Scarf posted:

I must be pretty lucky... I've never not gotten my entire deposit back. Even in college.

Every apartment has paid everything back. The three private places I rented had scummy landlords.

I had one keep utilities in her husband's name (I was too young to realize they were probably scamming for primary residency tax rate and thought "COOL one check per month") then forgot to pay the bill so I came home without electricity. She tried to strongarm us into paying it AGAIN with another check and I told her we'd turn her in for tax fraud. That was a fun time.

The one with the weird itemized nonsense was a stopgap duplex while I was in school and then later slamming money in the bank for a down payment. We had a rat in our attic and instead of calling an exterminator she dropped off a bag of rat poison and a trap on the porch. I told her to nut up and call a professional it wasn't my responsibility. At the end of the day I decided the 350 she charged me for 20 minutes of vacuuming and resealing her grout was worth never interacting with her again. What a oval office.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Houston SMU coming down to the wire if anyone's around and bored.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

My last landlord charged me $80 for a chandelier I broke the day I moved in three years earlier.

I priced them out at $120. I really loved that landlord.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

SMU-Houston was better than it should have been. 5 losses in the middle of October though...that’s not a comfortable position and this tank and play young guys for depth idea had better work.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Lol Bama makes a bigass deal about their new lights and this is the best video they get of them? (Needs audio)

https://twitter.com/UA_Athletics/status/1185761298728017930?s=20

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Scarf posted:

My Iowa City landlord was a really honest and good dude and then when I was in California and one of them tried to be an rear end in a top hat about it I found it made a big difference when I wrote a letter requesting it on law firm stationary

Now we own and all of my money goes to home depot instead

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

MourningView posted:

My Iowa City landlord was a really honest and good dude and then when I was in California and one of them tried to be an rear end in a top hat about it I found it made a big difference when I wrote a letter requesting it on law firm stationary

I've owned a house for a week and I've spent as much time in HD as I have in it, and it's not even like it needs a lot of work. Just dumb poo poo. Its loving amazing.

Still wouldn't trade it.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

iwentdoodie posted:

I've owned a house for a week and I've spent as much time in HD as I have in it, and it's not even like it needs a lot of work. Just dumb poo poo. Its loving amazing.

Still wouldn't trade it.

Yeah mine is in great shape, the only thing we've really done so far is paint a few rooms and stain a deck. You just spend so much to buy all the stuff you need to do basic upkeep, especially when it's your first one and you don't already have all that poo poo.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

MourningView posted:

iwentdoodie posted:

Still wouldn't trade it.

When I closed on my first house, I wanna say my record was 4 trips in one day.

Also, handy tip for anyone: if you're stuck wandering around looking for something, just look it up on their website. It gives the aisle and bay # where it's located (just be sure you select the store you're in)

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Lol Bama makes a bigass deal about their new lights and this is the best video they get of them? (Needs audio)

it's like the video of the spider eyes in the dark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Joey Freshwater posted:

I, too, have a Philips Hue system in my house.