Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Salt the Miami Athletics department and start over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Either makes nothing grow back or makes things tastier.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

iwentdoodie posted:

They did that in the 80s and 90s. Worked pretty drat good.

This guy gets it

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Also we deserved to lose but I want to point out some more ACC ref sucking.

This is how our game ended:

https://mobile.twitter.com/alex_kirshner/status/1185652427808280576

Look at the thread to see it wasn't a TV fuckup

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Komet posted:

Meyer at Miami is cool in theory, but I just don't think the Miami administration gives a poo poo about football, and the stadium situation is untenable and the fan support just isn't there. It's honestly difficult to see Miami becoming what they once were again. Even a great coach and recruiter like Meyer will struggle to fill that stadium, and that makes recruiting all the more difficult. Meyer can have his pick of any job, and Miami isn't a top 10 job or probably even a top 25 job anymore.

This is partially wrong. I agree with the Administration comment, but Miami has never filled the stadium for poo poo games. When we are good, we average around 55k to 60k for small games and fill up for premier games. 2017 was pretty good for fan support. Miami just doesn't go to losers.

The stadium is actually pretty great. We don't have an on-site stadium but considering how small the school is, having it in the middle helps people like me get down there.

We've heavily invested in facilities, and are paying our coaches a lot. Richt had top 10 salary. We've just been really poor and picking coaches overall since 2000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Miami too high