Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

James Franklin is so terrified of the transfer portal, he insists on playing all 4 running backs even though it's clear one of them is the best fit for the offense and moves tht ball consistently. His stubbornness nearly cost Penn State the game last night and might cause Penn State to lose a game they shouldn't. The offensive playcalling became atrocious after going up 21-0 and they still refused to run the ball in the second quarter. Penn State is going to lose to Ohio State, but 11-1 is still realistic. Michigan State is not very good, but Penn State needs better balance to beat them.

Also, Sean Clifford isn't really progressing as a quarterback. He doesn't go through his reads and is too quick to scramble for a yard or two than keep his eyes up and throw to a player that's usually open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

It's crazy how bad Northwestern is on offense, because they've been pretty competent with a good dual threat QB and a usually good RB since Fitzgerald has been there. You could always count on NW to at least be competitive in most games they played.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Justin Jackson isn't the only good RB NW has had the last 15 years though. Tyrell Sutton was great before he got injured and Venric Mark was really good also.

Hopefully they can get the offense back on track next year, cause this season is lost.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Why is UConn going independent? I get that they are bad, but what does leaving the conference solve?

And who does the AAU add? App State would be a good fit.

Honestly, take away Clemson, and the AAU is probably on par with the ACC.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I hope it's Rutgers, but not even the AAU would take them.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Not sure. I thought it was American Athletic Union or something

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

General Dog posted:

UConn is leaving the AAC because the basketball teams want to go home to the Big East. This leaves the football team without a home, but nobody cares.

I have no idea what they and UMass are aiming for by lingering in FBS and having to travel the four corners to play a 12 game season. Unless they think a MAC invite is in the cards, it seems like they'd be much happier back in FCS.

They'd be solid fits in the Colonial Athletic Association if the CAA wanted to go from 12 to 14 teams.

The CAA surprisingly does not have divisions: https://www.ncaa.com/standings/football/fcs/colonial-athletic-association

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I haven't paid too much attention to UConn in basketball lately, but looking at their results back to 2012, it seems they've really started to suffer on that front since joining the AAC. They won the NCAA championship their first year in the AAC, then slumped from good to mediocre to bad. So it would make sense to kill football and go all in on getting back into the Big East. There are several teams that play only football in the CAA, so that still seems to be an option. But if you're a marginal school that can't afford to be competitive in both basketball and football, you might as well pick the sport you are better known for historically.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

dirty shrimp money posted:

There was nothing wrong with "we don't like football and we want to go back to our old rivals", they could have just gone with that.

I wish Maryland would say this too.

And Rutgers too, but they don't have rivals.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Meyer at Miami is cool in theory, but I just don't think the Miami administration gives a poo poo about football, and the stadium situation is untenable and the fan support just isn't there. It's honestly difficult to see Miami becoming what they once were again. Even a great coach and recruiter like Meyer will struggle to fill that stadium, and that makes recruiting all the more difficult. Meyer can have his pick of any job, and Miami isn't a top 10 job or probably even a top 25 job anymore.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Dear Parents,

I am reaching out to let you know that the recent claims that I am 'pursuing an exit strategy' are total crap. It's an annual strategy driven by our enemies to cause disruption to our program and to negatively recruit. By the way, I don't even have an 'agent or representative.'

I am committed to your sons, their education and to their development as football players and people.

Please excuse the informality of this letter but I felt that it was important to get this out to you as quickly as possible.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. Happy to discuss.

Go Blue!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Maxwells Demon posted:

The 'Enemies of Rutgers Athletics' have spread across the Big 10.

I feel like showing this letter to recruits and parents does more to negatively recruit against Michigan because it illustrates what a loving paranoid weirdo he is.

edit; By the way, where have all the Michigan posters been all week?