Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018
Post pictures of Current Affairs editors ITT.

Can We Talk? Censorship, Pedophilia and Panic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Doktor Avalanche has issued a correction as of 13:21 on May 12, 2020

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Really? Straight parents have their children taken away all the time, for the simplest acts like photographing their children in the nude.

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Prince Myshkin posted:

Post pictures of Current Affairs editors ITT.

Can We Talk? Censorship, Pedophilia and Panic

the american approach to criminality is, a whole, draconian and unjust. it's completely bizarre sex offenders are put on a list, discriminated against and forced to stigmatise themselves in a weird, public act of so-called penance, but defending NAMBLA's not the best way to start a discussion

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

oscarthewilde posted:

the american approach to criminality is, a whole, draconian and unjust. it's completely bizarre sex offenders are put on a list, discriminated against and forced to stigmatise themselves in a weird, public act of so-called penance, but defending NAMBLA's not the best way to start a discussion

uhhhhhhhh I'd be more worried about the 18 year old black dude who got 20 years in prison for having sex with his 17 year old girlfriend than some nambla dude being upset about SOCIETY or whatever

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

spanish town parade in BR i bet

their whole theme is pink flamingos, the city puts them up everywhere around downtown for mardi gras, like in the LSU lakes and stuff

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

oscarthewilde posted:

it's completely bizarre sex offenders are put on a list, discriminated against and forced to stigmatise themselves in a weird, public act of so-called penance.

Agreed. We should just kill them instead.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I remember his stupid response to the Peterson v. Zizek debate, and now Rhodes weird he's should replace Marx stuff, or makes me wonder if the fancy Lad has exe read Marx

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/la_leere/status/1261388220178108417?s=20

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018
Cont.

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1262251506289516548

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/NathanJRobinson/status/1262948066451169282

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
you know Nathan J Robinson wrote a children's book about a dude who wears an ascot to a gym and gets bullied, and you can tell that NateRob is seething at a lifetime of being made fun of for dressing like Little Lord Fauntleroy

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Nathan Robinson is the doughiest looking motherfucker I've ever seen

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020

This moron is like the modern Karl kautsky

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/htmlmencken/status/1265772389465575430?s=20

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Oscar Wilde was a pedophile.

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020

A4R8 posted:

This moron is like the modern Karl kautsky

Kautsky at least read enough Marx to be a revisionist, Robinson is just a liberal.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Oscar Wilde was a pedophile.

a convicted pedophile

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

These sartorially uncouth fascists think their barbed japes will drive me to dab tear-moist eyes with antique Victorian Weeping Serviette when, in fact, they inspire me to avail myself the healthful benefits of my bespoke Laughing\Asthma Inhaler.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

a convicted pedophile

Although in some ways you could say he was persecuted for his love of budding flowers, so perhaps NJR is right

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

If G. K. Chesterton were still alive and he unbuttoned his shirt in front of you, a fleshy stalk with Nathan on the end would emerge and tell you to start the reactor.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i want a cage match to the death three way with nathan j robinson the bagel boss and ben shapiro

smart money is on bagel boss, he has been in a fight before so experience is on his side plus he is fiery

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

lol @ the earlier pages from this thread before BrieBrie joining the Sanders campaign

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Phi230 posted:

Nathan Robinson is the doughiest looking motherfucker I've ever seen

He's a slightly rounder version of Virgil Texas. Clothing aside, how are they not the same guy

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

mysterious frankie posted:

These sartorially uncouth fascists think their barbed japes will drive me to dab tear-moist eyes with antique Victorian Weeping Serviette when, in fact, they inspire me to avail myself the healthful benefits of my bespoke Laughing\Asthma Inhaler.

lol

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Maximo Roboto posted:

lol @ the earlier pages from this thread before BrieBrie joining the Sanders campaign

what do you mean

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Maximo Roboto posted:

this whole thread was after brie was on the campaign bud

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz9rQsutfuo

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

there's a certain kind of dork who has this internal dialogue with the world:

dork: no one wants to touch me or take me seriously
the world: well "clothes maketh the man", as they say
dork: OH! so I should dress like the calliope player in a gimmicky caucasian rap group that only writes picaresques about a fantastical travelling circus in the dust bowl?
the world: no, not really, you...
dork: the adderall dealer at a gin palace?
the world: I don't even... look, just stop dressing primarily in things you won at trivia nights
dork: so you mean I should dress like bob dylan did at his bar mitzvah, but ironic?
the world: no
dork: cold war era spy that is also a vampire?
dork: son of a jamaican plantation owner who has time travelled to the present in order to get a communications degree?
dork: like my primary link to the outside world is written correspondence with robert e. howard?
dork: some kind of pirate... count... web developer?
the world: no... listen, dress like you're permanently in a middle school production of our town, christ, who cares
dork: got it
the world: and tell your future wife, the burlesque dancer with a diabetic foot who demands you keep the relationship open after you successfully beg her to marry you. I said hi.
dork: I GET A GIRLFRIEND?

It's the fwiggin' Stolen Valor of eccentricity

mysterious frankie has issued a correction as of 15:35 on May 29, 2020

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
https://twitter.com/GarrettIsVibin/status/1278458535852994561?s=20

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

dork: OH! so I should dress like the calliope player in a gimmicky caucasian rap group that only writes picaresques about a fantastical travelling circus in the dust bowl?
the world: I don't even... look, just stop dressing primarily in things you won at trivia nights
dork: so you mean I should dress like bob dylan did at his bar mitzvah, but ironic?
dork: son of a jamaican plantation owner who has time travelled to the present in order to get a communications degree?
dork: like my primary link to the outside world is written correspondence with robert e. howard?
the world: no... listen, dress like you're permanently in a middle school production of our town, christ, who cares
the world: and tell your future wife, the burlesque dancer with a diabetic foot who demands you keep the relationship open after you successfully beg her to marry you. I said hi.

lol

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

You can tell he's a man of the people thanks to clothing that it is impossible to do any work in.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
lol he looks like hammond from jurassic park

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007
It's too late for him to stop. He's cursed to act like this forever

Edit: this curse was entirely self inflicted

zynga dot com
Nov 11, 2001

wtf jill im not a bear!!!

A dossier and a state of melted brains: The Jess campaign has it all.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Gumball Gumption posted:

You can tell he's a man of the people thanks to clothing that it is impossible to do any work in.

at least he's wearing linen in that shot, it's mind boggling that he's able to wear velvet outside for any amount of time in nola like he's usually depicted in

linen suits own btw, they're like wearing pajamas

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

at least he's wearing linen in that shot, it's mind boggling that he's able to wear velvet outside for any amount of time in nola like he's usually depicted in

:snoo: imagine the smell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

animist
Aug 28, 2018
get extremely strong "polyamorous steampunk cosplayer" vibes from robinson