Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Look at those ears go. Studio Orange is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Louis: "Eat me, you beautiful bastard. EAT ME."

Legosi: "g-gulp... :sigh: "

These poor weird pent up vore boys.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The voice-acting in this show is really solid. Haru's VA in particular really brings her personality out from behind her cutesy appearance.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

That ED was certainly different.
:staredog:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ijyt posted:

That ED was certainly different.
:staredog:

I uh...wasn't expecting those to be the translated lyrics.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Fabricated posted:

Louis is actually a ridiculously nuanced and well-written character and his arc is just as good if not better than Legosi's.

Louis the character, yes. Louis the arc, hard disagree. "You know that teenager who just showed up outta nowhere and killed the boss? Let's make him the new boss!":what:
Lions are so loving stupid.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Mary Annette posted:

Louis the character, yes. Louis the arc, hard disagree. "You know that teenager who just showed up outta nowhere and killed the boss? Let's make him the new boss!":what:
Well it's pretty well established that their dynamic is that kinda stupid so it works IMO

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
yeah it's hard to swallow at first but when we learn more about the Shishigumi and how they're basically a bunch of disillusioned frat boys boogie-dancing through life powered by pseudo-mystical horseshit and animal cocaine, their decision-making process makes a lot more sense

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Oxxidation posted:

legosi is a younger, gawkier kazuma kiryu

i will not accept debate on this point

quoting for posterity

Oxxidation posted:

he checks off a lot of the same traits:

- stoic but embarrassingly earnest whenever he talks
- suicidally gallant
- prone to bursts of righteous violence that land him in huge trouble
- Has Never hosed (he's a 17-year old who literally doesn't know what it feels like to have a crush)

he's way less self-assured than kiryu (because he's a shy theatre kid instead of someone who was born hardboiled), but one still gets the impression that he would spend all his spare time staring pensively into the middle distance with a glass of scotch at his elbow and a cigarette between his fingers if he wasn't underage

and legosi is absolutely the sort of twerp who thinks underage drinking is Wrong

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Mary Annette posted:

** MANGA STUFF **
It's actually pretty clever. They're looking for a figurehead to rehab their image, they know Louis is a crazy person, and they put him through a bunch of tests(like seeing if he'll eat meat) to determine if he passes or fails. At the absolute worst case, he's a teenage deer hanging around with a bunch of yakuza lions, they can kill him at any point if it's not working out.

vvv Fair. vvv

Kanos fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Oct 28, 2019

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Please be clear when you're talking about manga spoilers, thank you. lol

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

an actual dog posted:

I agree with you, the MHA thread taught me to just not click on anything.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

an actual dog posted:

Sorry. I just assumed that everything that happened in the anime was fair game and stuff that hasn't been animated should get tagged.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Solitair posted:

Sorry. I just assumed that everything that happened in the anime was fair game and stuff that hasn't been animated should get tagged.

Same, my bad.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
i read the whole manga and now im a furry thanks obama

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

track day bro! posted:

i read the whole manga and now im a furry thanks obama

I've been reading the manga for the past two years and I can't say it's given me any urge to make a fursona so that probably makes me a fake fan

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Beastars furryness is pretty much a mask to explore teenage horniness

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Fabricated posted:

Beastars furryness is pretty much a mask to explore teenage horniness

No its because the artist loves drawing animal people and has been doing it most their life. Thats prinary source info.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Sharkopath posted:

No its because the artist loves drawing animal people and has been doing it most their life. Thats prinary source info.
Yeah I get Paru likes animal people but even Beast Complex was more horniness than furryness.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

This is only from one page ago, but still so very relevant.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Compendium posted:

I've been reading the manga for the past two years and I can't say it's given me any urge to make a fursona so that probably makes me a fake fan

make a beastar sona

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
If we don't get to see the whites of Haru's eyes in the show I riot

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Spoilering this just in case, it's about tomorrow's episode.

it looks like we actually are getting a different ED every episode

https://youtu.be/A8JUszX9sZ8

I'm expecting this to turn into an album advertisement since all the songs so far are by the same artist.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Man this is a beautiful show.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
You know, I expected gritty Zootopia, but this is way different. I usually hate CGI but somehow this show is very appealing and well done. Opening song is pretty good, too.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Monolith. posted:

I usually hate CGI but somehow this show is very appealing and well done.

Check out Houseki no Kuni (Land of the Lustrous) then. Same studio. Hell, lots of the same eyes and mannerisms...

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Ranzear posted:

Check out Houseki no Kuni (Land of the Lustrous) then. Same studio. Hell, lots of the same eyes and mannerisms...

I remember not being convinced by the first episode then found myself binging the whole season.

I want more of that show :(

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Yeah I get Paru likes animal people but even Beast Complex was more horniness than furryness.

Why can't something be both furry and horny, though?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Why can't something be both furry and horny, though?

Isn’t it always?

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
putting aside the furry discussion, ep 4 was real good. They cleaned up some of the weirder parts of the improv and really sold it, though I think the manga did a better job with legosi's new stripes --

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hiveminded posted:

putting aside the furry discussion, ep 4 was real good. They cleaned up some of the weirder parts of the improv and really sold it, though I think the manga did a better job with legosi's new stripes --

Visually the anime version is weaker, but the sound really helps.

It helped a whole lot. :stare:

Also the practice fight was incredible.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
The animation in this is really good. I admit to not watching much anime anymore, but I really like this show. The character designs and how they move is really neat, I assume because of the CGI.

Those fight scenes were incredible.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Haven't watched the new episode yet, but I really enjoyed Episode 3. I'm loving the slower pace and the deeper interiority on more characters than Legoshi. The back half of the episode focusing almost entirely on Louis was good. I've been reading the manga up to where each episode ends and I feel like that translation helped me understand Legoshi's speech after the mouth thing more than the anime did. Legoshi doesn't think the world has any use for a confident, strong carnivore, but sees that Louis as a herbivore has more power to bring society together, feeding more pressure onto Louis, leading to his collapse. Louis probably would have certainly pushed himself to that point anyway, but Legoshi certainty didn't help.

That's not a jab at Legoshi, I'm just saying that's good drama, as conflicts and struggle happens out of characters just living their lives, regardless of intent

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Nov 2, 2019

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

Haven't watched the new episode yet, but I really enjoyed Episode 3. I'm loving the slower pace and the deeper interiority on more characters than Legoshi. The back half of the episode focusing almost entirely on Louis was good. I've been reading the manga up to where each episode ends and I feel like that translation helped me understand Legoshi's speech after the mouth thing more than the anime did. Legoshi doesn't think the world has any use for a confident, strong carnivore, but sees that Louis as a herbivore has more power to bring society together, feeding more pressure onto Louis, leading to his collapse. Louis probably would have certainly pushed himself to that point anyway, but Legoshi certainty didn't help.

That's not a jab at Legoshi, I'm just saying that's good drama, as conflicts and struggle happens out of characters just living their lives, regardless of intent

I was going to post here saying the anime has been going by pretty quickly compared to the manga, but I just realised that they haven't cut that much out (other than Jack and the roommates, boo! :mad:). Seems we're at about 4 chapters an episode, and episode 4 ends halfway through the last chapter of Vol.2 - I think they've done a really good job adapting it so far, changing things slightly where there's room for improvement.

Also going back and reading the first few chapters, I realised the anime escalated things quite a bit with Haru's scenes, considering originally they throw some walnut shells at her and not an entire mattress lmao.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ijyt posted:

I was going to post here saying the anime has been going by pretty quickly compared to the manga, but I just realised that they haven't cut that much out (other than Jack and the roommates, boo! :mad:). Seems we're at about 4 chapters an episode, and episode 4 ends halfway through the last chapter of Vol.2 - I think they've done a really good job adapting it so far, changing things slightly where there's room for improvement.

Also going back and reading the first few chapters, I realised the anime escalated things quite a bit with Haru's scenes, considering originally they throw some walnut shells at her and not an entire mattress lmao.

Don't forget that's Haru's mattress. They threw it out her dorm window and her roommate just let it happen.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/NXOnNetflix/status/1191762260953202688

Wonder if Ben Diskin is going to be in the dub.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
legosi's VA in the last episode did a great job of conveying that, while he's a very sweet fellow on the whole, he can also get really jazzed about hurting people if he thinks it's for a good cause

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Nov 7, 2019

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jack is the best and the scene in the cafeteria was painful.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
So like, I don’t need spoilers but does the fact that a student died ever come back up or what? Mad weird that no one seems to care anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Epi Lepi posted:

So like, I don’t need spoilers but does the fact that a student died ever come back up or what? Mad weird that no one seems to care anymore.

yes, the dead student is a persistent issue and the mystery of who killed him is eventually resolved