Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
jesus, they didn't loving miss with this new ed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Forgall posted:

jesus, they didn't loving miss with this new ed

Yeah no kidding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dr4HfjgtUU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
dudes rock

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

beast complex is back

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1169723/1

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I like the Peacock guy even if he is cop.

Peacop

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Was really expecting that to go a completely different direction.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

That art was absolutely fantastic

The peacock was gorgeous

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i remember doing a double-take when eugene introduced himself in beastars, wondering if taxidermy was somehow different in this world

turns out, not really!

e: and oh boy, look who's arriving in the next episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZJiGu6Gz8E

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jan 14, 2021

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I'm excited for season 2, and I'm extra curious to see how much netflix starts to deviate from the original work.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Agent355 posted:

I'm excited for season 2, and I'm extra curious to see how much netflix starts to deviate from the original work.

I hope they do, a lot.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Absolutely, I'd love to see the show attempt to correct some of the manga's errors and do the core concept of the story justice.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

That'd be very difficult considering its mostly just abandoned plots. If all of them were cut out, there would be hardly anything left.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

They could easily wrap up Melon in a single season by skipping everything related to Kyuu and Stands, and jumping straight to the showdown in the BAM after Legosi meets his mother

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

IShallRiseAgain posted:

That'd be very difficult considering its mostly just abandoned plots. If all of them were cut out, there would be hardly anything left.

Thats why you'd drop the worst of them and then follow up on the most promising abandoned plots.

You're right in your assertion the whole thing is abandoned plots, but thats very fixable.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Vinylshadow posted:

They could easily wrap up Melon in a single season by skipping everything related to Kyuu and Stands, and jumping straight to the showdown in the BAM after Legosi meets his mother

lmao I loving forgot about the stands

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
cut out stands, kyuu, deshico and his bats (it'd mean less gosha but oh well), professor melon, melon's dad, and 80-85% of the turf war. to start with. replace with original (and non-melon) material as necessary

maybe add in a quickie scene or two explaining how dolph survived getting his throat slashed while you're at it. obviously it was gouhin but Paru Forgot (tm)

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

They aren't going to cut out Kyuu. The target audience loves tiddie.

Honestly though, the whole "Prey who were slated to be meat but would up cast off/escaped/eager for vengeance" could be interesting to explore more than was done in the manga.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Replace all the lost time from cutting down Melon's arc with just several episodes of Leogshi, Sebun, and Zaguan hanging out (and also invite Haru).

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Tenasscity posted:

They aren't going to cut out Kyuu. The target audience loves tiddie.

Honestly though, the whole "Prey who were slated to be meat but would up cast off/escaped/eager for vengeance" could be interesting to explore more than was done in the manga.

I do love tiddy.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The snake is voiced by Kujira, right? Because that's just straight-up Orochimaru-voice

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Fun fact: The last two chapters of Beast Complex were focused on former neighbors of Legosi on the Hidden Condo!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the latest chapter's also available in italian and vietnamese if anyone just wants to look at the pictures

i always thought that mugi was the odd one out in the hidden condo, even moreso than sebun - he's a pleasant, well-off freelancer who by his own admission is one of the most likable species in town, so why's he schlubbing it up in this dingy building with a bunch of social misfits and outcasts?

consider that question thoroughly answered!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

the latest chapter's also available in italian and vietnamese if anyone just wants to look at the pictures

i always thought that mugi was the odd one out in the hidden condo, even moreso than sebun - he's a pleasant, well-off freelancer who by his own admission is one of the most likable species in town, so why's he schlubbing it up in this dingy building with a bunch of social misfits and outcasts?

consider that question thoroughly answered!

Now available in English

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Anyone read the new manga about the lady with huge breats? Thank you.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Pewdiepie posted:

Having read the first chapter just now THAT'S NOT THE PART I WOULD INCLUDE IN THE SYNOPSIS

edit: On the other hand looking for it directed me to Paru's Graffiti, her autobiographical comic. It's super funny, and she is an IRL lunatic

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jan 20, 2021

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

*reads Bota Bota*

Hah, okay. Wow.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Pewdiepie posted:

huge breads? sounds astonishingly wholesome

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Libluini posted:

I think you'll find it's exactly the opposite

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Libluini posted:

good clean fun

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Libluini posted:

Funny, given the main character would probably enjoy a bun in her oven, but she's yet to find the right guy who can help her with that

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I think I'll stick to wacky beast world, tyvm

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I have not said these words in a very long time but

lol wut

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

New Beast Complex

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I like these looks into other problems about animal society, it's not just the carnivore and herbivore divide.

The chapter title made me think it was gonna be about Kangaroo guy from the anime though. Has he showed up yet?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

I like these looks into other problems about animal society, it's not just the carnivore and herbivore divide.

The chapter title made me think it was gonna be about Kangaroo guy from the anime though. Has he showed up yet?

Yeah, he was in the second episode of the second season of the Beastars anime. He's... not really very plot relevant. He's a rando that Legosi talks to because he thinks the kangaroo might have seen something on the night Tem died. Turns out, he didn't, but he was also being a weirdo and stealing girls' gym clothes, so he attacked Legosi when he notices.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

"beast complex" is a fun little pun, especially now that it's focusing exclusively on the HC residents

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

New chapter

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

New Beast Complex chapter

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

She really is bad at acting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU