Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

I also paused when I saw that and went hmmmm...

Really pleased with how this season is going, though I admit it feels like its going by so fast. It doesn't seem like they cut much, I'm wondering if this is how it's always been and I've just gotten used to how long the whole Melon thing lasted that a normal size arc seems short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
they added a lot of new scenes in the first half and started cutting/compressing/rearranging the second, so it feels like someone hit the rocket boosters from the Riz reveal onward

i wonder if the finale's going to be a bit longer than a usual ep, because the fight with Riz isn't something you can zoom through in fifteen minutes without losing something. they fight, they stop so Riz can get over his delusions about why he ate Tem, they fight, Legosi scurries away to get a quick snack, they fight, Riz surrenders. those in-between sections need breathing room

Cainer
May 8, 2008
New Beast Complex has been translated! "Back when I inked my own shell" What? But.. how?!

Cainer fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Mar 19, 2021

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
They've handled car scene kinda weirdly to turn it into a cliffhanger. If I was anime only, I'd be really confused. On the other hand, extra scene with Pina was good, in the manga his motivation was unclear, and here we see he was trying to deal with Riz in his own way.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Cainer posted:

New Beast Complex has been translated! "Back when I inked my own shell" What? But.. how?!

komodo dragons are xenomorphs, turtles are koopa troopas, it's a crazy world in beastars

props to paru for this one, though, all those tattoos must have been a nightmare to draw

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Is the thing about goat horns a real thing or more beastverse weirdness?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Technowolf posted:

Ingrown horns can happen on goats and cattle and the like and can be fatal or irritate the animal. Dehorning cattle is a pretty common process but generally it's so cattle don't injure eachother or the people handling them.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Technowolf posted:

Goat horns can be trimmed or cut off (disbudding)

Can't really find anything about them stabbing themselves with them though, even though on some goats it absolutely looks like they could gore themselves if they moved their heads the wrong way

Plus, making them humanoid changes a lot of things, so it might just be the logical conclusion of that

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

Should have been a Babirusa but that's mostly because I love them :allears:

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
It’s not uncommon for goats with curled horns to end up gouging their own eyes! Also happens with rodents and their teeth.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Guys I want the pretty boy sheep and Oxxidation Bear to get a motorcycle with a sidecar and go on a road trip across Beast America

Also they both get a pair of goggles and at least one scarf

Thank you for listening to my suggestion, blessing upon you all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Finished both seasons and decided to dip into the manga up to the end of volume 11 where the anime ends anyway. Really love the expressions that Paru does, especially the ones that lack detail and simply drawn. The end of season 2 animated was wicked and I was a little sad that the manga didn't have quite the same design. It was a fun read and fun watch.