Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Chichevache posted:

Didnt Kyler Murray just go first overall with Daniel "Mitch 2.0bisky"Jones behind him?

I keep forgetting Kyler despite him actually being ok so far this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Josh Allen Just Wins Games. I peed a little.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/SmithACalvin/status/1186067638377734144?s=19

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
How have the Bears not traded for Ryan Fitzpatrick yet?

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

It was a lovely loss but after going through the Mike McCoy era, eh. 2016 broke me as far as getting super angry about the Chargers choking games away games late. Gordon shouldn't be the starting RB anymore regardless and i'd love it if they shipped him out at the deadline at this point.

Chichevache posted:

Didnt Kyler Murray just go first overall with Daniel "Mitch 2.0bisky"Jones behind him?

Titty Kisser wishes he was half as good as passer as Jones is. And Jones isn't anything special to start with.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Pretty sure the bears would have a better offense with 10 men on the field, than 11 with trubs

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Lol betting on the chargers.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
So Sean Payton has gotta be the front runner for coach of the year, right? Thought they'd be dead in the water once Brees got injured, but the Saints just whipped one of the best defenses in the league on their home turf. Their D is playing really well this season, they've gotten enough out of Bridgewater and the run game to grind out some wins... they're in a really good position for a playoff push once Brees returns.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Durandal1707 posted:

So Sean Payton has gotta be the front runner for coach of the year, right? Thought they'd be dead in the water once Brees got injured, but the Saints just whipped one of the best defenses in the league on their home turf. Their D is playing really well this season, they've gotten enough out of Bridgewater and the run game to grind out some wins... they're in a really good position for a playoff push once Brees returns.

I hope they get dicked on a PI review in the playoffs

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Durandal1707 posted:

Shanahan too.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
Nagy is showing his rear end as a playcaller big time. Trubisky is utter horseshit and needs to go, as soon as possible. I'd rather lose every game this season than see him step onto the field again.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah Shanahan Id say has the inside track right now because JWG beats all other metrics usually. That said Payton is 100% earning his job security he just signed for after Brees is gone.

Also if he wins one at some point does he become the headcoach with the longest gap between their superbowl wins?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Barudak posted:

Also if he wins one at some point does he become the headcoach with the longest gap between their superbowl wins?

Dick....oh nevermind. Was going to say Vermeil but he didn't win with Philly obviously.

Vermeil probably has the longest between appearances in Super Bowls locked down though?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Dick....oh nevermind. Was going to say Vermeil but he didn't win with Philly obviously.

Vermeil probably has the longest between appearances in Super Bowls locked down though?

Oh yeah, definitely.

Id say Tomlin has a shot but his team quality last few seasons is just shot.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Lotta people doubting Jon David Gruden ITT

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

go pats

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Adun posted:

Lotta people doubting Jon David Gruden ITT

Multimillionaire and future statesman

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

And we potentially lost Eli Apple in garbage time. :argh:

And who the hell calls timeouts with 45 seconds in the game when you're down 11? What an rear end.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Matt LaFluer loving owns

tigersklaw
May 8, 2008

Don’t do this

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Hot Diggity! posted:

Matt LaFluer loving owns

Coach of the year just for making Jimmy Graham useful in a football game.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

It's a good place to be friend

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Listened to the bears 4th quarter on the radio and a ton of postgame coverage and lmao at all the callers screaming nagy is a fraud

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kalli posted:

It's a good place to be friend

i just want things to change

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

I don't know how you can cover for Trubisky being absolute trash.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

By recovering 3 straight onside kicks and scoring touchdowns with 2:12 on the clock

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Your qb is still Mitchell Trubisky

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I don't know how you can cover for Trubisky being absolute trash.

thump your chest on the sideline and blame everything on the cut kicker who lives rent free in your head

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Your qb is still Mitchell Trubisky

Hey mitch wasnt the issue with this plan today!

I mean he was why they were in that hole but still

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

I’m no longer sad the Chargers lost.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
rivers is gonna retire after this season and the chargers will be officially a lovely rebuild team with absolutely no fanbase whatsoever

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chinatown posted:

rivers is gonna retire after this season and the chargers will be officially a lovely rebuild team with absolutely no fanbase whatsoever

the latter part is already true

and after seeing our tackles continually abused the way they are, him retiring after this year makes a lot of sense.

good things: henry rules, ekeler rules, and scott quessenbery held up at center pretty well

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Chinatown posted:

He’s got like 17 kids at home, that dude is never retiring. He needs an excuse to stay out of the house

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/kent_swanson/status/1185986060733571072

How in the world?

Like, even if you ignore the whole Mahomes thing how is this true after watching Green Bay today?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Also Melvin Gordon's attempted hold out is looking more and more hilarious in hindsight considering he, you know, sucks.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Chinatown posted:

Yeah, i'm thinking more and more Rivers ends up retiring after this year. He's said before that he wants to still be with the team when the stadium in Inglewood opens up... but there hasn't been any urgency on his or the Chargers' side for a new contract. He said he was "at peace" about it before the season.

And honestly I wouldn't blame him for retiring. The Chargers couldn't have done much worse of a job building around him all decade long.

mystery fluid
Feb 12, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lamar Jackson is the truth and the light. Thanks for reading

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tannehill was great today and it was nice to see the Titans offense click at least for one game. Jeffrey Simmons is gonna be a beast. Vrabel continues to make some dumbass decisions but for one week, the football gods hated the Chargers a little more than us.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Chichevache posted:

The NFC West doesn't have a single team with a losing record. Suck our collective dicks from the back.

:emptyquote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Centurylink is too loud with that weird structure bouncing the stereo sound around. It was cool when they stopped piping in music around the 4th quarter.