Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Also the Titans own for that GL stand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Grittybeard posted:

https://twitter.com/kent_swanson/status/1185986060733571072

How in the world?

Like, even if you ignore the whole Mahomes thing how is this true after watching Green Bay today?

Homefield is worth 3 points, but other than that :shrug:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Vegas must think Mahomes has a chance to play or some poo poo

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

it's fake news,

I'm seeing Packers as 3 point favorites here:
http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_lines.shtml

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I was watching on some lovely wifi because my friends and I were wrapping up a board game, and I saw that Chargers catch that was initially ruled a touchdown and I just clicked away, feeling like poo poo, and then I saw the Chargers fumbled and squealed like a drat pig, not even ashamed to admit it.

Sorry, Ross, I did think about you though.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Eagles lose, Earth is round.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Grittybeard posted:

https://twitter.com/kent_swanson/status/1185986060733571072

How in the world?

Like, even if you ignore the whole Mahomes thing how is this true after watching Green Bay today?

I immediately went to Bovada after reading this and it’s the other way around. Green Bay -3.5.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kawalimus posted:

The Ravens??? More like the Northwestern Crows after this win!!

Ugh this burn actually cuts deep

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Carson wentz is a huge bust and if he hasn’t gotten hurt the patriots would have an extra super bowl

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1186091601015296000

Vikings moving to Chiefs levels of play was not what I expected from this year.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

OxySnake posted:

wheres the dolphins

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Chinatown posted:

wheres the dolphins

He intentionally crops off the Dolphins and Jets so you can actually make out the other teams.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

TheBizzness posted:

I immediately went to Bovada after reading this and it’s the other way around. Green Bay -3.5.

KC -3 was the early look-ahead line that come out a while ago. The guy just found a non-updated line to post

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

OxySnake posted:

DVOA also loves them, though in DVOA's case it thinks the Vikings have the 5th ranked offense and 6th defense, while the Chiefs are 1st / 20th respectively. Interesting how that turns into almost an identical EPA/play.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

OxySnake posted:

He intentionally crops off the Dolphins and Jets so you can actually make out the other teams.

:grin:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
As much as I want to complain about the Niners today, I was cringing all game because I was expecting someone to get Theismann'd on that cesspool of a field and the fact that nobody did is the real win.

gently caress you, Dan Snyder.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

This is from after last week but he usually posts one with them to laugh at them:

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Kalli posted:

DVOA also loves them, though in DVOA's case it thinks the Vikings have the 5th ranked offense and 6th defense, while the Chiefs are 1st / 20th respectively. Interesting how that turns into almost an identical EPA/play.

The EPA chart is updated from the games, so I expect giving up 30 points to the NFLs 12th I think offense is going to drop them down a bit.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

TheBizzness posted:

I didn't notice when that was posted, it was early in the afternoon? Not sure if things swapped that much in between or if that guy was just making poo poo up.

He's an arrowheadpride guy which puts him squarely in some nebulous area between reporter and 'some dude on twitter.'

e:

Athanatos posted:

KC -3 was the early look-ahead line that come out a while ago. The guy just found a non-updated line to post

This makes sense.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kalli posted:

This is from after last week but he usually posts one with them to laugh at them:

I feel like the Dolphins logo should be rotated 60 degrees or so and trailing flames.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I hope the Dolphins remain absolute putrid dogshit until they switch back to the old logo with the Dolphins wearing helmets like god intended.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

As much as I want to complain about the Niners today, I was cringing all game because I was expecting someone to get Theismann'd on that cesspool of a field and the fact that nobody did is the real win.

gently caress you, Dan Snyder.

I kept excepting somebody's knee to explode but it never did

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Its Rinaldo posted:

I kept excepting somebody's knee to explode but it never did

I cringed when Kittle slipped trying to make that cut on the failed 3rd down.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
When Jimmy G took off for that first down rush early on I was thinking "nonononono Jimmy don't you're gonna die again" and then he didn't and I felt emotionally drained.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

OxySnake posted:

the Vikings: Both Cool And Good, until Zimmer insists on returning to running the ball 25 times before throwing the ball down field a single time

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Carson wentz is a huge bust and if he hasn’t gotten hurt the patriots would have an extra super bowl

This is probably trolling but also probably true

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Hi did something happen last night

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
If it's any consolation to the Chargers fans here, there's two guys on my train rn in Philly who are poo poo-talking Melvin Gordon.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

shyduck posted:

Matt Nagy wasted more time on this precious earth for no reason and some sort of football game between the Dallas Cowboys and some highschool kids from philly.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

shyduck posted:

Cowboys are the kings of the dumpster fire that is the NFCE.

I feel bad for eagles fans with their remaining schedule.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
How is EPA calculated

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

How is EPA calculated

Take the budget X and subtract X+1

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe
Last year, I used to freak out whenever Lamar would go on a designed run. DON'T GET INJURED.

I stopped freaking out because the man is hard to catch, and he knows how to avoid hits. Also, it's intentional runs like those that let you learn NFL Blitzes the quickest, and grow eyes in the back of your head later in your career like Russel.

It's a lot easier to take in the players around you when you're concentrating on only one thing. I figure he'll either burn himself out after running this much for five seasons, or figure out the pass runs and become a better pocket passer.

He has the potential to do either, and the journey will be fun!

defaultluser fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Oct 21, 2019

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Saints looked great yesterday. I had written that game off as a sure loss when I heard Kamara was out, but the defense and Latavius Murray really pulled through.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Oh yeah...

how bout them cowboys?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Saints looked great yesterday. I had written that game off as a sure loss when I heard Kamara was out, but the defense and Latavius Murray really pulled through.

I woke up to the Saints soundly thrashing and then panicked until they gave up 15 points and nearly failed to recover two onside kicks

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Barudak posted:

I woke up to the Saints soundly thrashing and then panicked until they gave up 15 points and nearly failed to recover two onside kicks

The Bears would have needed two more onside kicks to actually win.

But if any team is going to give up 4 onside kicks in a row to lose, it would be the Saints.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Armitage posted:

ya know I am perfectly fine with this being a transition season for the Giants. Let's see what the actual talented players can do, ya know, and hope to get some defensive help in the draft.

this offensive line, man. trash. the whole lot of them. every last one of them, and this is all on Gettleman's head. Jones and/or Barkley are gonna die at this rate, I don't think i've ever seen an offensive line anywhere that's been this bad.

They managed to make the Cardinals defensive line look like a bunch of pro bowlers and world beaters lmao

LiquidFriend posted:

They should have traded him for anything. A box of slim jims, whatever.

In my opinion they should've just run play action with someone leaking to the flat or behind the defense or whatever. With the whole defense crowding the middle of the line of scrimmage, instead of just trying to pound it in with your completely inadequate, injured offensive line maybe try being SMART. Nope

I don't know, Ekeler has already fumbled twice this year so there's risk there too.

See to me I don't think it's that strange. Yeah it ended in a weird way but the Titans played better throughout most of the game.

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Tannehill was great today and it was nice to see the Titans offense click at least for one game. Jeffrey Simmons is gonna be a beast. Vrabel continues to make some dumbass decisions but for one week, the football gods hated the Chargers a little more than us.

Tannehill was a breath of fresh air, huh. I think the main difference between them is that Tanny will fire balls into small windows trying to fit them in whereas Marcus wouldn't even throw the ball unless someone was wide open. But sometimes people don't get wide open, and you need to get it in there somehow which he did a good job at.

I was also excited to see Jeffery Simmons, before the game started I found myself wondering when he was gonna be healthy enough to play and surprisingly enough it was his first game today. As far as D tackles he was right up there with Quinnen Williams and Ed Oliver, except a little bigger even. The Titans got a decent deal on him in the draft due to being injured.

Chichevache posted:

Didnt Kyler Murray just go first overall with Daniel "Mitch 2.0bisky"Jones behind him?

And you can bet all the traditionalists were comfortable in their assessment that this kyler murray experiement would never work.

Well it's working, unsurprisingly to anyone who watched kyler play in high school and college

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Bears are only team to not have 300 yards offense in a game all year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/1186284184781967360

What a fun dude.