Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The Bears have 10 more passing yards than the Dolphins. The Bears have 20 more rushing yards than the Dolphins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I enjoy watching Lamar play football.

It's like RG3s rookie year, except he actually has the size to take hits and doesnt have Dan Snyder out to ruin his career.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hot Diggity! posted:

The Bears have 10 more passing yards than the Dolphins. The Bears have 20 more rushing yards than the Dolphins.

lol what the hell

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Ehud posted:

lol what the hell

Chicago doesnt know how to offense or quarterback

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

lol what the hell

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Who will grab trubisky when chicago sends him packing

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

really queer Christmas posted:

Who will grab trubisky when chicago sends him packing

Eagles / Giants / Bill's for their backup

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The real question is when will they cut their losses and send him packing

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Probably after next year when they decline his 5th year option.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The real question is when will they cut their losses and send him packing

They're probably gonna just have him play out his rookie contract, not pick up his option and let him walk. Its gonna be a real boring exit.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

chaser:

https://twitter.com/danmorse_/status/1186323570546200576

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

seiferguy posted:

They're probably gonna just have him play out his rookie contract, not pick up his option and let him walk. Its gonna be a real boring exit.

Which is dumb. If it were me he wouldn't play a single snap more as a starter

Bring in Kaep or trade for someone and see if this season can be redeemed!! This defense is going to be totally wasted by that point, they absolutely should NOT wait that long.

They probably will though, by nature NFL organizations seem horrible at accepting their mistakes. Very prone to sunk cost fallacy.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
If it makes Eagles fans feel any better, whatever dark magiks Dallas used to so thoroughly thrash Philly came with a price...

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

seiferguy posted:

That's wasting a stacked roster though. They need to do something if not this year next year. They're ready to compete now.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I would love it if the Bears signed Kaep, but that ship sailed the second that settlement was inked. There is zero chance he ever touches an NFL field again.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Ches Neckbeard posted:

That's wasting a stacked roster though. They need to do something if not this year next year. They're ready to compete now.

Stacked defense sure, but the offense Trubisky aside has one really good player in Robinson and one cool gadget player in Cohen. The rest is kinda doo doo rear end.

Pace is gonna stuck by Trubisky because that's his guy.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

OxySnake posted:

I enjoy watching Lamar play football.

It's like RG3s rookie year, except he actually has the size to take hits and doesnt have Dan Snyder out to ruin his career.

He's the same height as Griffin and a little skinnier. Biggest difference is he's much shiftier runner and seems to know how to protect himself.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Who do the Bears bail on first:

Pace
Nagy
Trubisky

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He's the same height as Griffin and a little skinnier. Biggest difference is he's much shiftier runner and seems to know how to protect himself.

Oh wow you are right.

Both 6'2 and 212 v 213 lbs.

For some reason I always thought RG3 was much more petite as a person, also I thought lamar was around 225.

Nevermind then. It's what you said.

Edit:

Trubisky > Nagy > Pace

His first draft in 2015 was meh (RIP Kevin White)
But outside of Trubinsky he has been pretty decent at picking talented players, and has been really good at grabbing late round RBs that produce (Langford, Howard, Cohen, Montgomery tbd)

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Oct 21, 2019

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Hot Diggity! posted:

Stacked defense sure, but the offense Trubisky aside has one really good player in Robinson and one cool gadget player in Cohen. The rest is kinda doo doo rear end.

Pace is gonna stuck by Trubisky because that's his guy.

How do we even evaluate that roster when Trubisky sucks that hard? Even Cohen is having an insanely down year and what should be a serviceable rb Montgomery can't do anything

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lamar also has rg3 to tell him what not to do

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Andy Dalton.

Andy Dalton.

Andy Dalton.

loving do it Bears, DO IT.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Hot Diggity! posted:

Who do the Bears bail on first:

Pace
Nagy
Trubisky

I think nagy's been just OK in spite of trubisky, and pace's only major sins with this new look bears is 1) trubisky and 2) not signing jordan howard

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Kalli posted:

Andy Dalton.

Andy Dalton.

Andy Dalton.

loving do it Bears, DO IT.

https://twitter.com/robertmays/status/1186047816088641537

Oh....oh yes....

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Buy a qb off the Panthers. A healthy Cam behind the Colts line would be nuts

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Andy Dalton would be a massive improvement

which is pretty incredible to even say, to put those words together in that order

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Play posted:

Andy Dalton would be a massive improvement

which is pretty incredible to even say, to put those words together in that order

Andy plays to the talent around him. When he's been on good bengals teams he's had stellar years. I liked mays piece on this and think generally it's true. I also think it applies to someone like Kirk Cousins. He's a average QB on a bad team right now. Put him on a good team?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
How are the 2-5 Chargers only at -1 point differential

Oh. Dolphins.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

offer a 7th to take Ryan's contract off the Falcons.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Aaron Rodgers. 5 TD passes. 5 different receivers.

Jones, Williams, Kumerow, Graham and MVS.

It may have been against the Raiders, but that's vintage Rodgers. Feels good man.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Matt Nagy: I’m not an idiot, I know we have to run more

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Metapod posted:

Lamar also has rg3 to tell him what not to do

Was Lamar injured much in college? I remember watching a lot of RG3 at baylor and he came up limping constantly, and never, ever learned to protect himself. Then he went to DC and welp.

Between the playcalling and the med staff he was doomed with his tendencies.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

hifi posted:

Matt Nagy: I’m not an idiot, I know we have to run more

Saw this and wondered what the loving reason was they only had 5 rush attempts and put the game in Trubisky's hands. Whyyy

Also bears remains only team to not eclipse 300 yards of offense this year.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Jackson never seems to take really bad collisions or do crazy stuff like RG3 was doing in his rookie year. Most of the hits he takes are like small bumps or wrapup tackles. He's not diving straight into Haloti Ngata or anything out of his mind like that. I sometimes wince when we have him run up the middle. But again I don't see him acting like a pounding RB even when he does these things.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Dalton on the Bears feels perfect, goddamn

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

adaz posted:

Saw this and wondered what the loving reason was they only had 5 rush attempts and put the game in Trubisky's hands. Whyyy

Also bears remains only team to not eclipse 300 yards of offense this year.

in nagys slight defense, the saints run defense is really good and the saints were stacking the box and daring them to throw. So they did lol.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Kawalimus posted:

Jackson never seems to take really bad collisions or do crazy stuff like RG3 was doing in his rookie year. Most of the hits he takes are like small bumps or wrapup tackles. He's not diving straight into Haloti Ngata or anything out of his mind like that. I sometimes wince when we have him run up the middle. But again I don't see him acting like a pounding RB even when he does these things.

Occasionally he takes a decent hit as his speed and agility fails to get him clear of a compromising situation. Normally though he's either being wrapped/tripped by the legs or diving down when he sees a hit coming

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

really queer Christmas posted:

in nagys slight defense, the saints run defense is really good and the saints were stacking the box and daring them to throw. So they did lol.

Bill Barnwell on ESPN posted:

According to NFL Next Gen Stats, the Bears didn't face a loaded box with eight or more defenders even once during the game, so it doesn't appear that the Saints were selling out to stop the run and daring Trubisky to win the game.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FizFashizzle posted:

offer a 7th to take Ryan's contract off the Falcons.

Schaub time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/taddmike/status/1186354370381778944