Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Growing up, I was able to have both a Sega Genesis, and Saturn, although I had felt so burned by the Sega Saturn that I didn't want to make the mistake of asking my parents for a Dreamcast. While I have a lot of fond memories of Sega's consoles and their library of games, I also remember constantly being massively disappointed with their library of games. A lot of hugely popular 3rd party games on Super Nintendo, and PlayStation 1 & 2 did not come out for Segas consoles. I remember looking at the release dates for upcoming games in EGM, and the Saturn section was only ever a handful of games, while the PlayStation list was multiple pages. :aaaaa:

Which is not to say that Sega's systems did not have amazing games. My real love for Sega started with the Saturn. Panzer Dragoon Saga, Virtua Fighter 2, Daytona USA, Sega Rally Championship, Guardian Heroes, Shining Force III, Radiant Silvergun, Virtua Cop, Tomb Raider, Nights: Into Dreams, Clockwork Knight 1 & 2. Bug 1 & 2, Sonic 3D Blast. It's just that I wanted to play Final Fantasy VII damnit! :argh: If nothing else, Sega was incredibly strong at making first party titles and supporting their systems, it just wasn't enough to compete with the juggernauts of Nintendo, and Sony at the time.

I am sad that a lot of the Saturn library has never left the system. We are thankfully getting a remake of Panzer Dragoon later this year, and some of these games have gotten better sequels. But I would kill to have a complete remake of Panzer Dragoon Saga because that game is one of the most unique JRPGs ever made, but apparently the source code is lost forever.

Most of my memories are of the Saturn, so I am hoping someone will add their memories and favorite games for the Genesis, and Dreamcast.

Sega Saturn useful links and other information:
Fenrir ODE Firmware: https://www.fenrir-ode.fr/firmware/#lastest-version
Pseudo Saturn Kai: https://ppcenter.webou.net/pskai/
-- This doesn't work right now with Fenrir, update is coming very soon to have it work with the latest version though.

RAM Cart compatibility:
https://segaretro.org/Extended_RAM_Cartridge#Compatibility

1MB
Astra Superstars†
Cotton 2†
Cyberbots: FullMetal Madness†
Fighter's History Dynamite
Friends: Seishun no Kagayaki†
Groove On Fight: Gouketsuji Ichizoku 3
Marvel Super Heroes†
Metal Slug
Noël 3†
Pia Carrot e Youkoso!! 2†
Real Bout Garou Densetsu*
Real Bout Garou Densetsu Best Collection
Real Bout Garou Densetsu Special
Samurai Spirits Amakusa Kourin*
Samurai Spirits Best Collection
Samurai Spirits Zankurou Musouken
Super Real Maajan P7†
The King of Fighters '96*
The King of Fighters '96 + '95 (Gentei KOF Double Pack)*
The King of Fighters '97
The King of Fighters Best Collection
Waku Waku 7

4MB
Astra Superstars†
Cotton 2†
Cyberbots: FullMetal Madness
Dungeons & Dragons Collection* (Shadow over Mystara only)
Fighter's History Dynamite
Final Fight Revenge*
Friends: Seishun no Kagayaki
Groove On Fight: Gouketsuji Ichizoku 3
Marvel Super Heroes†
Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter*
Metal Slug
Noël 3†
Pia Carrot e Youkoso!! 2
Pocket Fighter†*
Real Bout Garou Densetsu Best Collection
Real Bout Garou Densetsu Special
Samurai Spirits Best Collection
Samurai Spirits Zankurou Musouken
Street Fighter Zero 3*
Super Real Maajan P7†
The King of Fighters '97
The King of Fighters Best Collection
Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire*
Waku Waku 7
X-Men vs. Street Fighter*

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Nov 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I got the Genesis model where it was combined with the Sega CD, and I think back to my collection as an 8 year old that was where most of my favorite games were instead of the PS1 and N64. Played a lot of Street Fighter 2 on it.

The sounds from the Genesis version are the ones I think of first.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I was a Sega kid so I had the Mega Drive (aka Genesis) and got a Dreamcast later on. I have very fond memories of my Dreamcast. Tons of arcade games that were a lot of fun playing with friends, especially if you got 4 controllers. Anyone ever played this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtaZFeTRSPs

It had Megadeth and Rob Halford songs in it! :eyepop:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Big Scary Owl posted:

I was a Sega kid so I had the Mega Drive (aka Genesis) and got a Dreamcast later on. I have very fond memories of my Dreamcast. Tons of arcade games that were a lot of fun playing with friends, especially if you got 4 controllers. Anyone ever played this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtaZFeTRSPs

It had Megadeth and Rob Halford songs in it! :eyepop:

I remember seeing this game! This was something I loved about Sega, was that their systems were intentionally designed for bringing the arcade experience into your home.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

I was a Master System kid! That was the system that got me into RPG's, thanks to that one all time classic... Miracle Warriors, Seal of the Dark Lord!

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I love Sega's games, but for some reason I didn't build up my Sega console collection very seriously until a few years ago. Prior to that I was so focused on finishing the curation of my Nintendo collections for so many years, only grabbing Sega stuff here and there. Thankfully, I was able to buy a lot of the more currently rare/expensive Sega games several years ago when they were much cheaper, such as Panzer Dragoon Saga and the like. Also, compared to Nintendo stuff where I'd only get CIB copies of disc-based platforms or (3)DS games (and currently Switch), with Sega games I go for CIB with everything except the Game Gear (and I guess the Pico).

I'm almost done with the Genesis/Mega Drive, but for some reason the game that most eludes me at the moment is a CIB copy of Ristar. I'm debating whether I really want MUSHA or not (I was more a Truxton fan to be honest). For the Sega Saturn, I own so many US CIB copies of games that I felt obligated to keep doing that for a while longer, and the game I mostly want is Burning Rangers, which costs far more now than when I bought Panzer Dragoon Saga a decade ago. I may just get Japanese copies to round out the rest of my collection of that. I know I want to get the complete Japanese Sega Ages collection eventually. I'm mostly done collecting for the Master System as of a couple months ago, and the handful of Dreamcast games I still want aren't that pricey, it's just a matter of getting around to that.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I remember watching my cousin play Sonic while listening to Steve Miller band, and I thought the game had a fantastic soundtrack.

One of my favorites was Batman & Robin. Excellent music, animation, and a generous cheat menu that let me skip to the later levels.

The NHL games were also great. I’d create the mighty ducks line up from the cartoon with max stats but couldn’t figure out how to make a decent goalie so I’d force Chicago to trade their guy.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Hyrax Attack! posted:

One of my favorites was Batman & Robin. Excellent music, animation, and a generous cheat menu that let me skip to the later levels.

That soundtrack is so good. Furthest I ever got legit in the game was the level after the shmup section. poo poo's hard.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Big Scary Owl posted:

That soundtrack is so good. Furthest I ever got legit in the game was the level after the shmup section. poo poo's hard.

Oh yeah it got ridiculous, plus if you died you’d start losing your cumulative weapon power ups so it got even tougher.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Oh nice a good place to show my babies off

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Negrostrike posted:

Oh nice a good place to show my babies off

:swoon: that Nights Into Dreams controller! Does the cd-rom drive on your Saturn still work, along with the battery?

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

I said come in! posted:

:swoon: that Nights Into Dreams controller! Does the cd-rom drive on your Saturn still work, along with the battery?

Yep. The old guy who sold me that Saturn probably put in a new CD ready and battery. He repairs and sell retro consoles. It's kinda hit and miss with burned CD-R games though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Negrostrike posted:

Yep. The old guy who sold me that Saturn probably put in a new CD ready and battery. He repairs and sell retro consoles. It's kinda hit and miss with burned CD-R games though.

What I would really like out of the Saturn is the ability to put a cartridge in with a SD card and load up saturn games on that. Unsure if anything like that exists. This method is of course super common with any cartridge based consoles. Saturn does have a cartridge slot but I don't know if it can be used in this way.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I had a first-gen Genesis with the volume slider, and that thing worked for decades until a lightning strike blew it up.

Still have my favorite games.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

I said come in! posted:

What I would really like out of the Saturn is the ability to put a cartridge in with a SD card and load up saturn games on that. Unsure if anything like that exists. This method is of course super common with any cartridge based consoles. Saturn does have a cartridge slot but I don't know if it can be used in this way.
I wanna say there's some sort of SD card mod thing around but it involves hardcore console modding or something. Certainly nothing on the usability level of the Everdrives or whatever, sadly.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

There's that Satiator option that's coming. Well, ostensibly coming. One can hope, anyway, the Saturn is a great console and I wanna dig deep into its library but while I managed to get my biggest white whales for it fairly early on (notably PD Saga) the rest is pretty :retrogames:...

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
If Sega had localised the Saturn's extensive JRPG library, they would have bankrupted themselves before the Dreamcast was a thing, sure, but the legacy!

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
Back home in the attic, I still have my original Segascope 3D set with a few games and there's a Genesis I bought later (my original got sold at some point. I guess). I had a number of consoles back between 8 Bit and 16 Bit, along with some random things like the OG Lynx, but when I saw the ad for the subforum and I saw the Sega thread I figured it was worth mentioning easily two of the most groundbreaking games of their specific time periods that both came out on Sega consoles (in the US, obviously different/earlier in Japan): Phantasy Star for the Master System and Herzog Zwei for the Genesis. Both fantastic games that ate up a shitload of my time in the late 1980s and early 1990s.

Obviously there were plenty of other games worth mentioning, and I enjoyed quite a few, but nothing felt as immersive and new and interesting at that time as Phantasy Star on the SMS and Herzog Zwei on the Genesis. Of course, I had concurrently played things like Dune 2, Military Madness - a bit later Y's - and, years prior, Tunnels of Doom on the TI 99/4A and predecessor games. Still, Herzog Zwei in particular was one of those things like the iPhone, where you can point to a bunch of things that had a subset of the same parts beforehand, but they had never come together the way they did on the one that sort of made everyone go, "Wow, I never thought of all of that together that way."

I'm not sure if I'd rate the Genesis the best console I ever had up through that generation, but it probably was. The TG-16 was more like the SMS was to the NES; It had some amazing standout games, but it just couldn't compete with the sheer tonnage of stuff going on across the street. For that reason I'd probably stick with the Genesis.

Comedy 3DO / Neo Geo / Phillips CD-i (okay, not really on that last one) options.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I always felt like there wasn't as much of a consensus on "the best [Sega console] games" especially for the Genesis/Mega Drive. Like it seems as though there's multiple divisions in old Sega fandom, ranging from "Sega arcade fans" to "Sonic fans but not necessarily Sega fans" to "sports game fan" to "as long as it isn't Nintendo fan" and so on. Especially when you look at different regions where Sega game tastes vary even more wildly than with Nintendo or probably Sony. I feel like the Genesis/Mega Drive Mini game lists varying a lot between Japan and Everyone Else is a good example of that.

In conclusion, Sega fandom is a land of contrasts.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
I have a Japanese Saturn with a region free cartridge in it. I recently moved, hooked it up with the rest of my consoles, and fired up Mega Man X4. Played through X's story, everything was great!

The next day I unhooked it to move it to the other TV so as to not interrupt my girlfriend using the PS4. Now it won't read discs. I need to check the potentiometer and all that, I just can't believe it survived so much just to stop working when it moved 6 feet. All I wanted to do was fight Wood Man in Mega Man 8!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

For a while I alternated getting Sega consoles as a kid - so my first console was an NES, then a Genesis, then a Super NES, then Saturn, Playstation, Dreamcast... so I definitely got to experience the highs and lows of Sega consoles. I dunno why I decided I wanted a Saturn so badly, but I got one for Xmas 96 when they started packing in Virtua Cop, Virtua Fighter 2 and Daytona USA with every system. I had a lot of fun with those games, as well as Panzer Dragoon II Zwei and Nights, but I honestly can't remember too many other games I have fond memories of on the system. I was a huge RPG fan from the SNES but I never got to play Panzer Dragoon Saga. Instead I had to play Albert Odyssey which honestly kind of sucked rear end.

I definitely have fonder memories of the Dreamcast though - I spent a lot of time playing Crazy Taxi and Soul Calibur, had fun with Skies of Arcadia... weirdly I never played some of the "bigger" games like Shenmue or Sonic Adventure. I think a lot of Dreamcast games still look really good to this day.

I had sold off all of those consoles over the years but in the past couple years I reacquired a Genesis, Saturn and Dreamcast. We actually just hooked the Saturn back up because I got a copy of Road Rash off SA-Mart and my girlfriend loved that game when she was younger. I'm really hoping that Satiator flashcart comes out soon because I'd definitely like to check out some Saturn games I missed back in the day especially Panzer Dragoon Saga which I will never be able to afford a copy of.

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

Liquid Communism posted:

Still have my favorite games.

I love Genesis Shadowrun so much. The Matrix runs were cool, and the story was interesting to me, especially the way you could tackle the different plots in any order and see how everything fits together in the end. I loved the real time combat and the fact that as you're walking through the city you could be attacked by some random thugs or get nabbed in an illegal weapons purchase from Lone Star undercover. I never knew about cyberpunk until this game, and I thought it was so dark and awesome at the time.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
How can there be a discussion about Sega consoles without a mention of Streets of Rage 2, which is possibly the best side-scrolling beat ‘em up ever created?

Because I love that game and probably played it to completion more than any game in the Mega Drive library. Phantasy Star IV was also one of the best jRPGs produced for the console, and rivalled the best of what was put out on the SNES.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I had (and still have) a Sega Mega Drive II with about 100 games including Streets of Rage III (original box and instructions.)

I had a Dreamcast for a short period as well.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i was the weirdo who wanted a genesis for christmas just so i could play ecco the dolphin, a game i still have not beaten legitimately

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Honest to God, I have like three versions of Ecco (Genesis, Sega CD and Windows 95) and have, In total, played up to the stage with the octopus.

IIRC those are listed in ascending order of desirability, too. Like, the Genesis OG is harsh-sounding and extremely difficult; the Sega CD version adds checkpoints and has a way better soundtrack IMO; the Windows 95 version, while presumably a bit of a bear to run on a modern rig (I've only ever tried it in an emulated Win98SE tbh), not only has the SCD soundtrack (mostly, IIRC it lacks a track or two) but also difficulty options that make the crushing difficulty yet-easier if you need it (I forget if the original difficulty is the hardest or "normal" difficulty) and a higher-res graphics mode (albeit one with no parallax). I should really get around to a full playthrough...

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

like i've played every level and legitimately beaten some lategame stuff, just not all in a row, there were definitely levels i used the level skip code on.

yeah right like i'm going to play welcome to the machine every time i die on the vortex queen, gently caress you

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Mercury Crusader posted:

I always felt like there wasn't as much of a consensus on "the best [Sega console] games" especially for the Genesis/Mega Drive. Like it seems as though there's multiple divisions in old Sega fandom, ranging from "Sega arcade fans" to "Sonic fans but not necessarily Sega fans" to "sports game fan" to "as long as it isn't Nintendo fan" and so on. Especially when you look at different regions where Sega game tastes vary even more wildly than with Nintendo or probably Sony. I feel like the Genesis/Mega Drive Mini game lists varying a lot between Japan and Everyone Else is a good example of that.

In conclusion, Sega fandom is a land of contrasts.

I think the meeting point of all the above is the best Sega Game ever:

Mutant League Football.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Before I got back into retro gaming, I probably would have said without a second thought that the SNES was my favorite 16-bit console. ( I owned both the SNES and Genesis at various times growing up. ) After getting the Super NT and Mega SG and going back and playing through the libraries, my answer has definitely shifted and am way more into the Genesis library.

Decided I wanted to collect some complete Genesis games, set an arbitrary limit on myself of no more than 25 games. (Self imposed limit due to space and budget.) My collection is mostly stuff I owned or played at a friends house. I really love the Genesis and SMS game cases, they feel so good in the hands. It's a shame some Genesis games only came in a cardboard box :smith:

Last game I bought complete was Gauntlet IV, it's the first time I got a game from ebay described as "like new" that actually looked close to like new.

I've only got 2 spots left and trying to decide between these 4 games. It's an impossible decision, will probably just depend on which I find in reasonable condition at a reasonable price on Ebay first.

Target Earth
Alien Storm
Forgotten Worlds
Gain Ground

The SMS was the first system that I owned that was actually mine, had a Nintendo around prior to that but it was my older brothers. Going to do the same thing and buy some complete games for it as well. Currently just own a nice complete copy of Ghouls 'N Ghosts. A lot of the SMS games I'm interested are sub $20 complete, so that's awesome.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

I was always surprised that Beyond Oasis never spawned a series of games. I played the original way back when and thought it looked and played well and I remember it getting good reviews. I never played the saturn sequel but it's kind of crazy to me that this series just fell through the cracks of time.

Also, I had a 32x. lol

Sivek fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Oct 21, 2019

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Growing up I was always firmly a Nintendo kid, but my friend across the street had a Genesis (and I didn't get an SNES until '95 - after I'd moved away from said friend,) so the bulk of my experience with 16 bit consoles was with the Genesis.

When I was 15 my Mom saw me kind of half-heartedly playing Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast demo kiosk at Sears one day and was suddenly like "Wow, that looks pretty cool, would you want one of those for your birthday?" Again, I'd always been a Nintendo die-hard - which my Mom was well aware of - and, to that point, getting a new console required me to pay for half of it. Even getting my NES when I turned 6 required me to "earn" $50 from my parents by doing chores around the house all summer for quarters (And some grandparent birthday money might have been kicked in as well.) I've always suspected that, because it would be my 16th birthday and they couldn't get me a car, my parents felt compelled to splurge? In any event, the prospect of getting a new console, sight unseen, immediately made me think "Maybe I do want a Dreamcast." And so, on my birthday I came to the kitchen for breakfast and found a Dreamcast bundled with Sonic Adventure and NFL 2K waiting for me at the table.

That was fall of 2000, and just about 4 months before Sega announced the discontinuation of the console and the cancellation of like 50% of the titles in development.

But it turned out that the Dreamcast was the absolute best system for a teenager with no job and very little spending money in that era; almost immediately the entire library was selling for bargain basement prices. I spent most of my junior and senior years of high school amassing a pretty sizable library of both hits and oddities (Sega's own online store had a blowout sale in December of 2000; I think I paid $15 for Seaman just a few months after release. I bought Power Stone 2 for $10 at Sears the spring after its release...I think I only paid full price for half a dozen games that entire year.) I spent most of 2001 playing PSO nightly and making tentative online friendships via painfully slow on-screen keyboard chat. (Japanese servers were, naturally, much less crowded during US primetime - with the added benefit of Japanese players being much better teammates, even if we could only communicate with the most basic phrases.) I imported European copies of Rez and Shemnue II and felt like a regular console cowboy as I used a hex editor to make my original Shenmue save compatible the the EU sequel release. I got to experience the magic of playing Skies of Arcadia when it was a super niche title and the "fun" of hearing the GD-ROM grind like crazy as it loaded up yet another random encounter.

The Dreamcast is currently sitting in my closet. It ran perfectly the last time I gave it a spin, but I'm dreading the day that I hook it up and find it's given up the ghost. It's always going to be my favorite console.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

katkillad2 posted:

I've only got 2 spots left and trying to decide between these 4 games. It's an impossible decision, will probably just depend on which I find in reasonable condition at a reasonable price on Ebay first.

Target Earth
Alien Storm
Forgotten Worlds
Gain Ground
It's been years since I did any gaming, but from that list my guess would be Target Earth.

No issues with Gain Ground, I just didn't care for the game type. Forgotten Worlds starts feeling pretty repetitive at some point. I have zero opinion on Alien Storm except that from googling it to see if I remember, it looks like Space Golden Axe.

My positive reaction to Target Earth comes from having played it way back in the early 90s and not having liked it, then picking it up again for some reason maybe 10 or 15 years ago or something? Anyway, as I started playing I remember thinking, "Wow this is a lot more nuanced and interesting a story and game that I expected."

I'm sure others will prefer one of the other titles, but that's what hit me when I saw your list.

Good gaming!

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Alien Storm was a not particularly good port of an amazing arcade game. If you’re a completionist, go for it, but if you’re interested in how it plays, try it with an emulator first and see what you think.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

katkillad2 posted:

Target Earth
Alien Storm
Forgotten Worlds
Gain Ground

Look at the games you currently have and ask yourself any number of questions to determine the answer, such as "what genre is missing/underrepresented in my collection" or maybe "I prefer this genre and would rather have more of those" and so forth. You might have a number of beat-em-ups such as Golden Axe or Streets of Rage 2, so Alien Storm might not be as desirable as a result. Maybe you don't have Contra: Hard Corps or Midnight Resistance, so Target Earth may fill that run-and-gun style of gameplay that might be missing. Perhaps you don't have any shmups so Forgotten Worlds might do the job. Gain Ground is kinda its own unique thing that doesn't have an equivalent title (maybe Crack Down) and is personally one of my favorite Sega arcade titles, and I find the Genesis port passable, so I'm a bit biased in that regard and would say go for that as one of your titles.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I still kick myself for not buying Lunar: The Silver Star. I rented it for like a month and beat it twice and I don't know why I didn't just buy it.

I did buy its red-headed stepchild, Vay.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Freakazoid_ posted:

I still kick myself for not buying Lunar: The Silver Star. I rented it for like a month and beat it twice and I don't know why I didn't just buy it.

I did buy its red-headed stepchild, Vay.

I said it in a different thread when I was playing some older RPGs I'd put off, but I still have no idea how a game that opens with "wedding interrupted by GIANT ROBOT ATTACK" managed to be dull as dishwater, but Vay did.

Anyway, we were never a one company's console house, so I had both the SNES and Genesis, a Game Boy and a Game Gear, then skipped Saturn, and got a Dreamcast, alongside a PS2 and Gamecube.

I was an RPG kid, so I spent more time with the Nintendo systems, but there were some great titles on Sega's. Dreamcast had Power Stone, so I spent....a lot of time with that system. There's a series that needs a revival.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Dreamcast had Power Stone, so I spent....a lot of time with that system. There's a series that needs a revival.

Absolutely insane that in this era of "Remasters" and "HD Collections," the only rerelease Power Stone has seen is on the drat PSP.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

JethroMcB posted:

Absolutely insane that in this era of "Remasters" and "HD Collections," the only rerelease Power Stone has seen is on the drat PSP.

Right? I'd even be okay with just a digital release on the Switch or something. A lot of good games got released or rereleased on the PSP and then went absolutely nowhere, which I partially blame on how easy the system was to pirate for (not that I'm innocent, I softmodded my PSP pretty much immediately).

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

It's still somewhat mind-boggling that Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite, the Capcom-crossover game game with a literal Power Stone in it, had no rep from Power Stone.

I mean it's less surprising when you consider how MvCI is a bad game, but still...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

I was playing Power Stone the other day with a friend and we thought the same thing. I feel like a cheap PC re-release or something would be perfect. There's a ton of Saturn and Dreamcast games that don't and probably will never have re-releases, and while I can play them on the original console it sucks there's not at least re-releases for some of the multiplayer games.