Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
What’s the Dreamcast light gun to get? I’m building out my dc setup and want to get a couple guns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

falz posted:

The official one is best but never came out in USA. For some dumb reasons some games don't work with it, apparently due to Columbine?

Yeah, that's what got me asking. Normally the Sega one would be the one by default, but it doesn't work on the US games :(

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
Sega legitimately blocked support for their own light gun on a couple us versions. Iirc it was house of the dead 2 and confidential mission

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
Doesn’t someone make new game gear boards now?

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
i played snatcher recently as well and it was pretty fun and i enjoyed the story more than i thought i would. i need to get around to policenauts next

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
I just got one of those Dreamcast live modems. I’ll probably hook it up this weekend. I’m so excited to get that thing online again

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
I’ve used these things for a few years now, they work great with Bluetooth or usb. They have a built in memory card also. You can update the firmware to use ps5 controllers. I use a hori octa controller with it, it works REALLY well for dc games. If you plug it up to pc you can make the extra face buttons map to the triggers for the capcom fighting games.

Mcbazel Brook Wingman SD Converter for Xbox 360/Xbox One/Xbox Elite 1&2/Xbox Series X&S/PS3/PS4/PS5/Switch Pro Controller to Sega Dreamcast & Saturn Console https://a.co/d/7WwFcVl

HORI Fighting Commander Octa Designed for Xbox Series X|S By - Officially Licensed by Microsoft - Xbox Series X https://a.co/d/407HAyE

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
Haven’t tried it on Saturn, that sucks. Seems like it would be great for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
Everyone I knew just called it Nintendo, Super Nintendo, or sega, nobody called them nes, snes, or genesis.