Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Kazak posted:

Seems kinda rude to take your kids into narcos territory

Not if they're protected by God and doing His work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Actually there was a whole Vice documentary based around the war between Mexican drug cartels and the Mormons.

"The cartels of Juarez, Mexico, are at war with a group of Mormons, some of whom are related to Mitt Romney. We went there to document the conflict, meet Romney's Mormon family, and find out more about how US policy is impacting the war on drugs."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpIyaIHsJbc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J206CKoG1R0

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Cartels are making the same mistake I make when I think I can finally take on the American army in RDR2

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Kazak posted:

Seems kinda rude to take your kids into narcos territory

Their cult's main compound is in Chihuahua (a cartel state) and those killed were travelling from Sonora (another cartel state). Their kids are in narco territory all the time.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

the mormons in that compound are literally outlaws in the truest sense of the word, they eschewed society so they could have plural marriages involving children, and several of their members have gone on killing sprees as a blood atonement rite

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sounds like it would make a good anime.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Leave it to Mormons to be worse than literal narcobarons lol

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Solice Kirsk posted:

Sounds like it would make a good anime.

Jose's Bizarre Adventure

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Colonel Cancer posted:

Lol

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
mormony, more problems

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

food court bailiff posted:

the mormons in that compound are literally outlaws in the truest sense of the word, they eschewed society so they could have plural marriages involving children, and several of their members have gone on killing sprees as a blood atonement rite

That LDS church in town just got a whole lot scarier.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

food court bailiff posted:

and several of their members have gone on killing sprees as a blood atonement rite

do tell :stare:

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Internecine warfare, IIRC. One family went on an international murder spree against their co-religionists. Gotta be careful living on the fringes of society, there's always someone more bug-gently caress than yourself.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

madeintaipei posted:

Internecine warfare, IIRC. One family went on an international murder spree against their co-religionists. Gotta be careful living on the fringes of society, there's always someone more bug-gently caress than yourself.

I need more info

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ervil_LeBaron

quote:

Ervil Morrell LeBaron (February 22, 1925 – August 15, 1981) was the leader of a polygamous Mormon fundamentalist group who ordered the killings of many of his opponents, using the religious doctrine of blood atonement to justify the murders. He was sentenced to life in prison for orchestrating the murder of an opponent, and died there.

He had at least 13 wives in a plural marriage, several of whom he married while they were still underage, and several of whom were involved in the murders.

quote:

While in prison, LeBaron wrote a 400-page "bible" known as The Book of the New Covenants, which included a commandment to kill disobedient church members who were included in a hit list written by LeBaron. Some 20 copies were printed and distributed.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

'Some 20 copies...' the prison printer must've ran out of toner.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

5er posted:

'Some 20 copies...' the prison printer must've ran out of toner.

must suck for the family when they scion checks his amazon sales and he sold fewer copies than he has relatives

Pickwick High
Aug 4, 2019

They call me Nutse
All the people on that kill list are dead now ... So I heard on the bus

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Is that name for real? Evil LeBaron with an R.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

FoolyCharged posted:

Is that name for real? Evil LeBaron with an R.

his first wife had braces

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Welp,

Shocking moment Mexican police officer who arrested El Chapo's son is shot 150 TIMES in brutal broad daylight execution

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Not unsurprising. With the bullet count I was expecting automatic weapons, 150 rounds with semi-autos is hella dedication to sending a message/making sure he's dead.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

ACAB :byewhore:

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

FoolyCharged posted:

Not unsurprising. With the bullet count I was expecting automatic weapons, 150 rounds with semi-autos is hella dedication to sending a message/making sure he's dead.

Imagine being a henchman in a cartel and filing a worker's comp claim for trigger finger-related overuse injury.

"Look, I agreed to the stupid health savings account but I'll be damned if they're gonna make me pay for my bandoleers!"

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Chapo Jr. Is the legitimate king of mexico

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Colonel Cancer posted:

It’s been said that the only reason the US allowed so much of their expansion out west was because they had no problem slaughtering the natives already on the land.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

ruddiger posted:

It’s been said that the only reason the US allowed so much of their expansion out west was because they had no problem slaughtering the natives already on the land.

It kept them from causing trouble up north, too.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Remember that time the Mormons dressed as indians to murder non-mormon settlers? Good times

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Member when they made their own army and armed them with swords?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Remember when they made a TV show about stealth-polygamist Mormons living in America, starring Bill Paxton (pbuh) and Chloë Sevigny with a super-solid supporting cast?

e: Oh, it's over the "e". Is that supposed to change the pronunciation in English?

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
loving Mormon settlements escalated the tensions with the bugs too. I'm from Buenos Aires, and I say take away their tax exemptions!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Holy poo poo

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Honestly, the guy should have known he was going to get murdered and just shot Chapo Jr in the back of the head immediately. Like, the second you touched him you were doomed to the worst possible consequences the cartel can mete out, so do the world a favor and kill the rear end in a top hat. Hey, maybe it'll cause enough chaos that they'll forget to murder you.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

madeintaipei posted:

Remember when they made a TV show about stealth-polygamist Mormons living in America, starring Bill Paxton (pbuh) and Chloë Sevigny with a super-solid supporting cast?

e: Oh, it's over the "e". Is that supposed to change the pronunciation in English?

It changes the pronounciation in french. "Chloe" said in french wouldn't pronounce the e. Chloë , in french, sounds like Chloe in English.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Arrhythmia posted:

It changes the pronounciation in french. "Chloe" said in french wouldn't pronounce the e. Chloë , in french, sounds like Chloe in English.

Thank you. So's I get it right: Chloe sounds like the German word for bathroom?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

It's not a movie but check out Seis Manos on Netflix

loving awesome show done by a bunch of the same people as Castlevania

70s period piece, three kung fu students in rural Mexico find their master killed by a cartel demon, proceed to take revenge with the help of a giant black American cop voiced by the guy who played Luke Cage. Also, hosed up brujeria poo poo gets mixed in.

Lots of fun action and gore, amusing characters, and an amazingly respectful portrayal of the look and culture of Mexico (no piss-yellow filters over everything here). My fiancee's from Zacatecas and has been digging the hell out of it.

You didn't mention this is goddamn ANIME you pinche pendejo

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Akratic Method posted:

Honestly, the guy should have known he was going to get murdered and just shot Chapo Jr in the back of the head immediately. Like, the second you touched him you were doomed to the worst possible consequences the cartel can mete out, so do the world a favor and kill the rear end in a top hat. Hey, maybe it'll cause enough chaos that they'll forget to murder you.

If he did that they would’ve probably wiped out his entire bloodline.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Uncle Enzo posted:

you heard it here folks: if you're willing to cut off dicks, you're untouchable and not even a military can stop you. Can't fight someone that cuts off dicks! What if they cut off your dick??

that's what ISIS should have done. US would have gotten scared and gone home in the face of the totally novel tactic of dick-cutting. Good thing the Nazis didn't do that, if they had the world's militaries would have had to surrender on the spot.

its not whether not not the troops would be scared, its the effect this would have on voters.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

You didn't mention this is goddamn ANIME you pinche pendejo

It should be assumed the anything so awesome would be anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

ruddiger posted:

If he did that they would’ve probably wiped out his entire bloodline.

Yeah then it goes from "shot a bunch of times" to "flayed alive along with your entire extended family"