Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
snipē

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

There's a guy at work that keeps both of his monitors in tate mode all the time

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

the pro move is tate monitors on either side of a horizontal one. the tie fighter

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Achmed Jones posted:

the pro move is tate monitors on either side of a horizontal one. the tie fighter

:agreed: a big Dell 30" 2560x1600 with two 27" 1600x1200 wings was v. needs suiting back in the day, if I had space I would probably still like it over the big 4K tv I'm currently using for a monitor.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Achmed Jones posted:

:prepop: i need to get a couple vertical stands and try this (if i can make enough desk space)

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Oct 24, 2019

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

posted from my pro displays xdr

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
I got 2 24" screens in regular mode and then a 3rd in tate mode off to the side for CAD feature lists & stuff. It's v. needs suiting aside from the roughly annual moment our garbage CAD software shits itself and I have to re-janitor all the relevant windows onto my tall telly.

Also VLC is loving in love with opening on the vertical screen regardless of where it last was when you closed it. :shrug:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Achmed Jones posted:

one of my coworkers did that for a while and it looked pretty cool. makes u think

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

tate orbs

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

i'm tate your newest dancer. I can't wait to entertate you

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
me and some friends are heading down to tate the game on sunday

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

graph posted:

so is it 'tait' or 'tah-tay'

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its tait

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Silver Alicorn posted:

Now Tate I can get into

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

stupid wide monitors are where it’s at op

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i got 2 single stands arriving tomorrow to try the tie fighter thing

can't wait to make this room even nerdier looking than it is, hell yes

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Christ that color scheme. try something in charcoal

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

asus quality

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Vomik posted:

Christ that color scheme. try something in charcoal

ikr? I tried to find a better funny monitor option but its all, and I mean all, pictures of smug redditors showing a long reddit discussion

and one pinball one but it was just a 10:16 which wasn't long enough for long monitor posting

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i will never put a monitor in this orientation. this i swear

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Now Tate I can get into

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i gotta fix the viewing angles, and no matter what it looks stupid if i'm not actually at the desk

but tate pinball is neat so, who knows if it's a good thing or not,

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
just call it portrait mode you weebs

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

one less syllable

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

Ciaphas posted:

one less syllable

por-tret

tah-tay

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

it's Tate like the office linebacker and it's chowdah and i'll die on this hill covered in evidence to the contrary

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Ciaphas posted:

i gotta fix the viewing angles, and no matter what it looks stupid if i'm not actually at the desk

but tate pinball is neat so, who knows if it's a good thing or not,

oh wow

thats kinda cool

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
I rigged up a portrait-orientation stand for a 16:10 monitor back when that was a thing, and although I liked the format for reading text, the non-square subpixels going horizontally instead of vertically really looked wrong. Plus, it was a VA display that had limited viewing angle in the normally-vertical direction, which looked bad when horizontal.

I wonder if these problems are adequately solved by modern high dpi IPS displays

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Poopernickel posted:

por-tret

tah-tay

it's tate

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Raluek posted:

I rigged up a portrait-orientation stand for a 16:10 monitor back when that was a thing, and although I liked the format for reading text, the non-square subpixels going horizontally instead of vertically really looked wrong. Plus, it was a VA display that had limited viewing angle in the normally-vertical direction, which looked bad when horizontal.

I wonder if these problems are adequately solved by modern high dpi IPS displays

nothing is solved by high dpi monitors other than a fool being parted from their money

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Poopernickel posted:

just call it portrait mode you weebs

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Stymie posted:

nothing is solved by high dpi monitors other than a fool being parted from their money

with a 4k tv as a computer monitor, i can read the gauges in flight simulator cockpits from a normal viewing distance without zooming in and losing the outside perspective.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Alzabo posted:

plz play donpach’

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sagebrush posted:

with a 4k tv as a computer monitor, i can read the gauges in flight simulator cockpits from a normal viewing distance without zooming in and losing the outside perspective.

the point stands

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
The retina display on my iphone SE would like to disagree.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Sagebrush posted:

*mathishly* gonna need the tv size to know if that’s high or low ppi

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I was about to get worked up over the 4k monitor thing, but then saw it was a Stymie troll post lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

terry tate, office linebacker