Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

The Pussy Boss posted:

You all have my sympathy. I'm on Medicaid and I would be so so so hosed without it, like I'd have tens of thousands of dollars in debt already, plus I get to live with the constant worry that I will fill out a form wrong, or make too much money this month, and get thrown off it. And I'm one of the lucky ones.

:same:
at least medicaid is sorta like universal healthcare, (if we stay poor and dont get thrown off it :wtc: )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
i had a kidney stone that was too big to pass, and the doc made me pay at least a thousand bucks in advance to do a little procedure where they put me to sleep and pit something on my belly that sends shockwaves into the kidney to break up the stone.
then later i still got a $6 grand bill from the hospital, but i showed them i had no money left and they wrote it off

and i had union insurance

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
the hospitals have the right to randomly charge sick people thousands of dollars out of the blue
:shuckyes:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
:stare:
:barf:

wtf
you should try to find her again, i hope she's alive

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

smarxist posted:

as much as the bronze plans loving suck (they do) you should still get one for free/cheap if you can, and go to your doctors. if you have a condition that needs therapy or treatment or surgery, the insurance WILL at least get that done for you, you'll just owe an insane amount of money when its over, but at least you won't be dead..? maybe?

my father was able to get open heart surgery with a bronze plan.

yeah, get the insurance so the greedy fucks at the hospital will actually help you, instead of the bs 'stable' poo poo they do to homeless before kicking them out
then get the bill cancelled for financial hardship. or let it go to collections and never pay those assholes either, or settle for a fraction of the bill

this system is insane lol

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Xaris posted:

probably the one good thing they've done. it seems like a huge gently caress-you to unionized places where they've negotiated and striked for good healthcare

also it would apply to politicians
:thunk:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
poo poo, my medicaid plan is better than the union insurance i used to have

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

bobtheconqueror posted:

It's almost like healthcare is a public work that needs to be treated the same as, say, sewage and firefighters and police. It's loving bonkers that it even got this way.

it wont until med students and patients form armed gangs like how cops and firefighters were created