Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

wandler20 posted:

Evans/Godwin doing work.

When we resign Jameis I hope we let them walk so we don’t waste their prime years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
yooooo haha, this was so unnecessary

https://twitter.com/_fournette/status/1188622867057000451?s=21

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Good

https://twitter.com/PewterReport/status/1188842239943958528?s=20

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

ulmont posted:

538 has them predicted right now as 75%, 68%, 86%, 54%, 45%, 33%, 84%, 63%, 52% favorites.

So I guess pretty well, with @BAL, @NO, @SEA being the 3 hardest games left?

me and Kalli nailed that poo poo pretty much, although Baltimore being favored surprises me. The niners are stronger at most position groups but it'll be interesting to see if the SF defense can handle that rushing attack. They haven't had to play a mobile quarterback (much less a Lamar Jackson-type mobile quarterback) yet this year, but that niners defensive line is so beastly the Ravens might have some trouble getting those crucial yards up the middle

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Weird for a guy to look plausible in Cleveland, only to melt down completely when they left.

code:
Year    Tm  Tgt  Rec  Yds  Y/R   TD  Lng  R/G  Y/G Ctch% Y/Tgt
2018   CLE   25   16  340 21.3    2   66  1.6 34.0 64.0%  13.6
2019   TAM   16    3   16  5.3    0    6  0.6  3.2 18.8%   1.0

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Can we just all agree to not even make a GDT for tonight and just pretend nothing is happening?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Can we just all agree to not even make a GDT for tonight and just pretend nothing is happening?

speak for yourself, i want some clownball

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Randaconda posted:

speak for yourself, i want some clownball

:same:

Though whoever designed ESPN's MNF graphics needs to get dropped down a mine shaft.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

That definitely should be flexed to SNF.

If the Chiefs start to look like they did last year again I could see the Chief/Pats game being competition for that slot.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Hunt11 posted:

If the Chiefs start to look like they did last year again I could see the Chief/Pats game being competition for that slot.

No chance in hell is CBS giving that game up. It’s without a doubt one of their protected games

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
when the whole "beaten a winning team" stat is cited, do they mean teams with a winning record at the time of the game or at the end of the year? I'm pretty sure it's the former but I bet the latter would be instructive as well

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

sean10mm posted:

Though whoever designed ESPN's MNF graphics needs to get an award.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Justin Britt's ACL is no longer where it should be and he's done for the year

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

indigi posted:

when the whole "beaten a winning team" stat is cited, do they mean teams with a winning record at the time of the game or at the end of the year? I'm pretty sure it's the former but I bet the latter would be instructive as well

The more information inputted the more accurate the result would be. It's like those strength of schedule analyses that come after the season is over. They're quite accurate after every team has played a full season, unfortunately by that point no one loving cares

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Atlanta should have traded everyone after 28-3. Once you lose the Super Bowl, that core is dunzo.

Unless you're New England

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Atlanta should have traded everyone after 28-3. Once you lose the Super Bowl, that core is dunzo.

Unless you're New England

Cheating is the only core they need.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

A Mitsubishi Outlander cut me off today and it had a taped on front bumper cover, caved in rear quarter panel, clear packing tape for the driver's side window, and a Bears helmet decal on the back.

It would have really sucked getting hit by a metaphorical manifestation of the Bears

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Hunt11 posted:

I know I sound like a huge homer, but even after their 3 losses so far I think this years Chiefs team is better than last years. Bad injuries have made this season a bit rough, but the defense is sooooo much better and once the OL and Mahomes come back to health the offense will be good again. It’s going to be a fun rest of season

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1188835289592188931

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Also the Jets posters were right Darron Lee kinda sucks and didn’t solve any coverage issues. It’s so hard to find a linebacker that can run with good tight ends and running backs but still play run downs

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

:yeshaha:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Ah it begins

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Also the Jets posters were right Darron Lee kinda sucks and didn’t solve any coverage issues. It’s so hard to find a linebacker that can run with good tight ends and running backs but still play run downs

And then you find one and they can't stay healthy because they get brutalized every down.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

:suicide:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

To be fair, Mayfield played a pretty solid game considering he was getting no time to throw and the int was out of his hands before he could've really realized Guy had read and defeated the play. He and Chubb really impressed.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Willie Snead one year extension in Baltimore

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ravens-willie-snead-reportedly-agree-to-contract-extension-to-keep-receiver-in-baltimore-through-2020/

Cap space fuckery for an incoming trade, perhaps?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

They have near 0 cap space, so might need to do it just to sign some injury replacements.

He's got about $1.5m in base salary left this year and a nebulous $2.2m in "other bonuses". So who knows what's in that money.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

lol never change Baker

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Hey, maybe he means Freddie.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

The downside to this is that we definitely don't want Willie Snead on the roster for another year. I'd rather let it ride with what we've got this year then use our remaining draft picks and significant cap space to build a real contender around Lamar for the remaining years of his rookie deal.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

I feel like Jameis and Baker are very much the same.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

You're looking for a Lavonte David.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
drat son

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The downside to this is that we definitely don't want Willie Snead on the roster for another year. I'd rather let it ride with what we've got this year then use our remaining draft picks and significant cap space to build a real contender around Lamar for the remaining years of his rookie deal.

Snead is a solid receiver but doesn't seem to have any chemistry with Lamar Jackson(he was more effective with Flacco) so I'd really like it if this were a setup to get a good WR in Baltimore via a trade.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

I mean it's a bad look for Baker to say that to the press, but show me the lie.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I'd say it's encouraging in a way that Mayfield at least seems to still care and isn't just throwing in the towel. That's the kind of thing they need in Cleveland. That's curse resistance :D

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

sean10mm posted:

I mean it's a bad look for Baker to say that to the press, but show me the lie.

We've seen Kitchens on the sideline, imagine how insufferable he is off the field.

Imagine him holding anyone accountable :laffo:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

I feel like Jameis and Baker are very much the same

My man I would take Baker over Jameis in a heartbeat

Like without thinking about it

At all

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Oct 29, 2019

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

wandler20 posted:

I feel like Jameis and Baker are very much the same.

You're looking for a Lavonte David.

Bakers actually good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The question is do the GM and owner agree with Baker? If they do, I have to think Kitchens is doneski.

This team was expected to be a playoff team (reasonable, given the talent they have), some idiots even had them as SB bound (less so)