Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Finally the missing piece the Giants need for a Super Bowl run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Kalli posted:

Ah! but think of this. Now when the opposing team is trying to run out a 3 score lead in the second half... they aren't gonna be able to get poo poo on the ground.

Daniel Jones gonna get a hundred shots at throwing the G-MEN back into the game!

I love the idea of going counter to most defenses in rotating in athletic DEs to DT on passing downs the Giants are going to rotate DTs to DEs to shut down the run and get gashed for 350 a game through the air.

Truly 4d chess at its finest.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
drat KC could have used Leonard Williams. A stout IDL would be perfect. gently caress!!

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Not quite the same but the Browns had 5 over a three year span and whiffed on all of them

T-Rich, Weed Man, Mingo, Justin Gilbert, JFF

i wonder if t-rich counts as a bust for the browns considering they got a first-rounder back

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Look at who they used that first rounder on and you will see the answer.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

evilweasel posted:

i wonder if t-rich counts as a bust for the browns considering they got a first-rounder back

I think the pick they got for T-Rich was the JFF pick

Lol

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

evilweasel posted:

Considering the Trent Richardson pick was traded so they could move up and take JFF I think it actually is worse.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Doubt they find someone who wants him.

https://twitter.com/JennaLaineESPN/status/1188861998924271616?s=20

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

We all lost on that trade.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Does anyone want Melvin Gordon

Please someone take him

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jags picked top ten 9 out of the last 10 years, and missed on all but like two or three

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Dummys mad that the Giants snapped up Leonard before anyone else could. He didn't like the Jets, he'll be great.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1188865312952901632?s=21

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Why on earth are the Giants giving up high picks for free agents

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

a neat cape posted:

Does anyone want Melvin Gordon

Please someone take him

Ravens maybe

Wait no we want your other Melvin

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Hand Row posted:

Gettleman is a loving idiot.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hello to this future hall of famer:

https://twitter.com/max_olson/status/1188866388556955648

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Hand Row posted:

It's at best a top 65 pick in an incredibly weak draft which isn't amazing. People went from putting no value on 2nd day picks to treating them like spun gold

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Man what happened. There was legit hand wringing when the Jets took Leo over Beasley. Turns out they’re both bad but at least we got a good return. Atlanta is screwed.

https://twitter.com/RaidersBeat/status/1188835737216700426

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

AndrewP posted:

Ravens maybe

Wait no we want your other Melvin

The other Melvin is my friend and will not be traded

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

He's got four picks this year somehow, which might be enough to convince someone to take a chance. I don't think he'd be worth the contract but if someone's desperate...

Doltos posted:

It's at best a top 65 pick in an incredibly weak draft which isn't amazing. People went from putting no value on 2nd day picks to treating them like spun gold

In the last few years the second round has absolutely been the money round in terms of finding really good non-quarterback contributors. That might account for a rise in the perception of their usefulness.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

https://twitter.com/max_olson/status/1188872257730424835?s=20

Decoldest "Juan" is still pretty good.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SHOAH NUFF posted:

drat KC could have used Leonard Williams. A stout IDL would be perfect. gently caress!!

We need linebackers not defensive linmen

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Bigass Moth posted:

I don't even know who the Browns would hire if they fire Kitchens. It would probably be a retread, so someone like Jeff Fisher. I guess perpetual 8-8 with a coach who can't develop young talent isn't the worst thing ever.

That’s downright fantastic for the Browns.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Shaking perpetual mediocrity to shittiness was the whole point of the rebuild. Kill me if we went 1-31 just for mediocrity

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Aaron Rodgers is second in passing yards and has been without Davante Adams for half the season

Matt LaFleur good

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

kiimo posted:

We need linebackers not defensive linmen

both are needed

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Shaking perpetual mediocrity to shittiness was the whole point of the rebuild. Kill me if we went 1-31 just for mediocrity

Would you accept 10-6 and then a humiliating first round playoff exit because I know a guy

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Would you accept 10-6 and then a humiliating first round playoff exit because I know a guy

At this point I think the Browns would take that with a smile on their face.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

If he gets us there consistently gently caress it sure

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Play posted:

In the last few years the second round has absolutely been the money round in terms of finding really good non-quarterback contributors. That might account for a rise in the perception of their usefulness.

That's second round and you're looking at a pattern assuming it will be continuous. Nothing guarantees player success but since combine scores have been going up every single year there is way more athletes than before the turn of the millenium.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SHOAH NUFF posted:

both are needed

Disagree. Saunders looks good, Chris Jones is coming back. DL is actually a position of strength. No need to trade for one in my opinion. There's a hole in the defense and it is linebackers who can both cover and tackle. We have plenty that can do one thing and maybe one who can do both.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Eric/status/1188671412564877312

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1188883511459098624

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

More Allen QBs

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Evans/Godwin doing work.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

kiimo posted:

Disagree. Saunders looks good, Chris Jones is coming back. DL is actually a position of strength. No need to trade for one in my opinion. There's a hole in the defense and it is linebackers who can both cover and tackle. We have plenty that can do one thing and maybe one who can do both.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Eric/status/1188671412564877312

We need more than 3 defensive lineman to field a defense! Also I agree that we need linebackers too, outside of Damien Wilson they all suck

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Doltos posted:

That's second round and you're looking at a pattern assuming it will be continuous. Nothing guarantees player success but since combine scores have been going up every single year there is way more athletes than before the turn of the millenium.

I know that, I'm simply talking about a shift in perceptions around the league. Some very high-profile hits in the second round and all the sudden second round picks are seen as nearly as good as firsts.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Ches Neckbeard posted:

If he gets us there consistently gently caress it sure

I unironically think Marvin is a pretty good coach and would be something stable and decent for Cleveland. It's not like you guys beat Pittsburgh anyways.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

There would be riots if the browns hired Marvin. He's got Hue Jackson stink on him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
So the Broncos are making up a neck injury as an excuse to bench Flacco after he loudly ripped into Fangio and the coaching in the presser yesterday