Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Tim Whatley posted:

To be fair when Brady shouted HE'S RIGHT THERE, he could have also been talking about ghosts. MetLife haunted??

Can confirm, I was at Metlife on Sunday and I definitely saw the Giants give up the ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

So does he just move into AB’s old room?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Too late for that

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Low effort.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

lol Trent Williams still hasn't been traded

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1186635295866920960?s=20

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
It's important to remember that the Patriots cheat, so any accomplishments get a big ol *

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hot Diggity! posted:

It's important to remember that the Patriots cheat, so any accomplishments get a big ol *

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Diva Cupcake posted:

Don't be fooled. We've collectively been on the "I'll be ok with the Pats winning one more if they all just retire already" train for like 5 years and every year we get another Super Bowl win and no retirements.

The only moral choice at this point is to root for the cheating Patriots to fail.

Here's the other thing: clearly our collective rooting doesn't work. So rooting for the Patriots to go 19-0 will, thus, cause them to fail spectacularly,

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh hey, they're back to mirroring the Dolphins.

Also, here's quick reads: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2019/week-7-quick-reads

The bottom has a pretty fun example of DYAR.

Daniel Jones went for 22/35, 223 yards, 1/1 TD/Ints... -163 DYAR
Sam Darnold went for 11/32, 86 yards 0/4 TD/Ints.... -200 DYAR

Despite being nakedly better, In addition to opponent adjustments, Jones was sacked 8 times to Darnold's 1, so that combined with the absurd opponent adjustments, you get a reasonably close number.

quote:

28. Like Flacco, Jones fumbled on three of his eight sacks. He had ten dropbacks with the Giants down by one score in the fourth quarter, going 2-of-6 for 24 yards with four sacks and two fumbles.

29. Darnold gained 83 DYAR due to opponent adjustments, more than double any other quarterback this week. Without them, this would have threatened the all-time record for worst single-game passing DYAR. He did not pick up a first down until the Jets were down 24-0 in the second quarter -- and even that came on a DPI, not a completion. By then he had already thrown an interception and lost a fumble on a sack. In the red zone, he went 0-for-5 with two interceptions. On third and fourth downs, he completed three passes to the Jets (for 27 yards and one first down) and three more to the Patriots. He threw six passes with 7 yards or less to go. None were complete; one was intercepted. On throws down the middle, he went 0-for-5 with three interceptions.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kalli posted:

Oh hey, they're back to mirroring the Dolphins.

Also, here's quick reads: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2019/week-7-quick-reads

The bottom has a pretty fun example of DYAR.

Daniel Jones went for 22/35, 223 yards, 1/1 TD/Ints... -163 DYAR
Sam Darnold went for 11/32, 86 yards 0/4 TD/Ints.... -200 DYAR

Despite being nakedly better, In addition to opponent adjustments, Jones was sacked 8 times to Darnold's 1, so that combined with the absurd opponent adjustments, you get a reasonably close number.

well well would you look at that

ryan tannehill, top ten qb

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Shinji2015 posted:

I'm really curious to see how they handle the second half of the season. 16-0 doesn't seem impossible (or even hard), but if their defense is having an off day, I don't know if the Pats' offense can win. They don't look terrible, but they don't look good, either.

:hmmyes:

That's why they traded for Sanu

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ehud posted:

Just wait until he gets to feast on the worst pass defense in the NFL this week.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

These posts always put a smile on my face.

wandler20 posted:

Just wait until he gets to feast on the worst pass defense in the NFL this week.

Despite figuring you were talking about the Buccaneers I went looking at the Eagles and Falcons schedules.

Oh wow, look at the list of worst pass defenses by DVOA (not updated for the week yet)

32. Dolphins
31. Falcons
30. Bengals
29. Cardinals
28. Giants
27. Chargers
26. Raiders
25. Buccaneers

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

nah posted:

gently caress it, let's all just root for 19-0.

I'm in

I can keep doubting fate and the worst-case, and (because we're in hellworld) thus let it hurt me When it comes, or I can reach acceptance, and feel no pain

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

Despite figuring you were talking about the Buccaneers I went looking at the Eagles and Falcons schedules.

Oh wow, look at the list of worst pass defenses by DVOA (not updated for the week yet)

32. Dolphins
31. Falcons
30. Bengals
29. Cardinals
28. Giants
27. Chargers
26. Raiders
25. Buccaneers

At glance, this looks like the current draft order.

Bucs are giving up 15 more passing ypg than the next team (Raiders/Lions).

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Professor Funk posted:

Gotta be at least a 2nd given whoever trades for him can get a 3rd round comp pick if he leaves in FA, right?

I don't think there's anyway 33 year old Emmanuel Sanders will get a FA contract big enough to warrant a 3rd round comp pick

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ravens defense has quietly improved from the near disaster it was three weeks ago and we might even get Jimmy Smith back over the bye. Hollywood Brown should hopefully be back.

Home game plus the bye to rest, I think they have a decent shot. Of course there’s also a chance that Belichick utterly solves Lamar Jackson in a week.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Let's go the Patriots

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Metapod posted:

Let's go the Patriots

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

nah posted:

gently caress it, let's all just root for 19-0. That way Brady and Bill will leave us alone and go away

Browns are going to clown ball their way to a win on Sunday.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Metapod posted:

Let's go the Patriots

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Ehud posted:

this is so basic that I really wonder if the rest of the league is simply dumb as hell

Yeah that's like the second thing i'd think of as a head coach, I think. There's probably a lot of polish to it...

Darnold even said that he was trying to make the hot read call but he wasn't loud enough or whatever

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

AndrewP posted:

Ravens defense has quietly improved from the near disaster it was three weeks ago and we might even get Jimmy Smith back over the bye. Hollywood Brown should hopefully be back.

Home game plus the bye to rest, I think they have a decent shot. Of course there’s also a chance that Belichick utterly solves Lamar Jackson in a week.

Thats why id like to trade for someone. That way they have something to worry about and dont know what we'll do with them. I want to see AJ green, Von Miller, or Julio Jones on the Ravens. I also wouldnt mind if we got a new LG to replace Bozo.

I don't think we are a serious contender without either a top wr or top pass rusher.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
According to quick reads, Austin Ekeler was the most valuable running back this week.

One guess on who the least valuable was

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Carr looks good throwing to Darren Waller and Hunter Renfrow

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Belichick taking over the defense and it going from mediocre to one of the best ever fielded and there not being one bit of thought that maybe Patricia is a hack is great.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/1186676551632470017

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That's a pretty harsh punishment for 4 ints, but I get it, gotta be strict.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

a neat cape posted:

According to quick reads, Austin Ekeler was the most valuable running back this week.

One guess on who the least valuable was

Phil was 4th most valuable QB (after the nFC North domination trio at the top too).

I was thinking about this the last 2 days. I cannot think of a team that has a better collection of hall of famers and literally nothing to show for it over the last 20 years than the Chargers.

Gates.
Tomlinson.
Brees.
Rivers.
Seau.

I'm just confused. Especially because back2back HOF QBs and nothing it's just stunning really

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

Thats why id like to trade for someone. That way they have something to worry about and dont know what we'll do with them. I want to see AJ green, Von Miller, or Julio Jones on the Ravens. I also wouldnt mind if we got a new LG to replace Bozo.

I don't think we are a serious contender without either a top wr or top pass rusher.

Yeah I also want to see Aaron Donald, Luke Kuechly and Khalil Mack on the Ravens, maybe Michael Thomas and Travis Kelce would be fine too!!!!

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

adaz posted:

I'm just confused. Especially because back2back HOF QBs and nothing it's just stunning really

idk if brees was a Charger for long enough for it to count as a favre->rodgers or montana->young back2back sitch

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Mystic Stylez posted:

Yeah I also want to see Aaron Donald, Luke Kuechly and Khalil Mack on the Ravens, maybe Michael Thomas and Travis Kelce would be fine too!!!!

Throw in a trade for Mahomes as well.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

PupsOfWar posted:

idk if brees was a Charger for long enough for it to count as a favre->rodgers or montana->young back2back sitch

Yeah I guess, he really only played 3 full years for the Chargers. But that 2004 team was really, really good before getting bounced in ot to the jets in a wildcard loss which had Kaeding miss a FG otherwise they would've won.

man every chargers game and especially playoffs is heartbreaking

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Anyway I think De Costa already made his big move getting Marcus Peters. Not hopeful for any offense moves considering Sanu just fetched a second rounder.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!

adaz posted:

Yeah I guess, he really only played 3 full years for the Chargers. But that 2004 team was really, really good before getting bounced in ot to the jets in a wildcard loss which had Kaeding miss a FG otherwise they would've won.

man every chargers game and especially playoffs is heartbreaking

that poo poo just reminds me how unlucky Drew Brees is.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lol

https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/1186687709596848129?s=20

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Sam Darnold never going to allow them to mic him up again. That Ghosts line will stick with him forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/drewmagary/status/1186688649058013184

also manish hyped up darnold for months

whatta rube