Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Hyrax Attack! posted:

In WA state Costcos have trouble retaining forklift drivers. If a driver has a trace of weed in their system and gets in a minor accident on the lift even if not at fault (super common), they have to take a drug test immediately. If weed is detected from a week before its treated as being drunk on the forklift, instant termination.

So warehouses are having a lot of trouble getting employees to drive, and if someone can operate power equipment and can pass drug tests they are likely to leave and begin work in the red hot construction industry for more pay.

i drove a lift in a warehouse for like 4 years and they didnt test anyone lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Federally? 4-6 years. 3 Years is pretty optimistic, but it could happen. All 50 states? probably 10-12 years. Even red states don't want to give up the tax revenue. That said, there are still dry counties for alcohol in 2019. Expect local bans to persist until the last days of the Republic.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

SilvergunSuperman posted:

It's been legal in Canada for a year now and it still feels like a wonderland to me.

This changed nothing in Vancouver. I was born in 1980 and can't remember a time when everything didn't smell like weed.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_Pw2uhkwrM

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

This changed nothing in Vancouver. I was born in 1980 and can't remember a time when everything didn't smell like weed.

Yes but could you order it online for a fraction of the price?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

RaceBannon posted:

You don't actually believe this do you?

RaceBannon posted:

it makes it super true because you said loving

Is this real posting?

You're legit dumber than dogshit.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

the price of legal weed is more, and the quality varies, according to my buddy

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

numberoneposter posted:

If you're using the government suppliers you're a huge chump and way overpaying, absolutely true.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

numberoneposter posted:

That sucks. The legal weed here in California is expensive but the quality and variety that you can get at a store is pretty crazy. There's usually daily specials and such that help bring the prices down a little (Shatterdays etc...). The only thing I buy nowadays are those Stokes mints which are nice for getting a small buzz going. Even then, theres like 4 different brands that I could choose between for mints. And Stokes makes like 5 different kinds of mints too. Its insane.

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Oct 23, 2019

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

That sucks. The legal weed here in California is expensive but the quality and variety that you can get at a store is pretty crazy. There's usually daily specials and such that help bring the prices down a little (Shatterdays etc...)

So about how much?

Admittedly I only knew a couple guys before but an ounce was about $180 minimum, now it's easy to find $49-$69 shipped to your door.

The future sucks for a lot of reasons but legal cheap weed helps me forget them!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I suppose not but I left BC anyway and now just let the native animals of Australia bite me to get high.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

So about how much?

Admittedly I only knew a couple guys before but an ounce was about $180 minimum, now it's easy to find $49-$69 shipped to your door.

The future sucks for a lot of reasons but legal cheap weed helps me forget them!

Oh, it's probably going to be pretty difficult to find an ounce for that cheap, but I don't really smoke anymore so I dunno. This is the shop I go to http://www.vhhc420.org/ and honestly their menu on their site is really just a fraction of what they actually have in store. I know my friend was getting prerolled stuff for super cheap on certain days, but I don't remember which place he was going to for that. Vallejo, CA has a poo poo ton of cannabis shops for a city that isn't really all that big.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Itll become legal as soon as the laws are rewritten so Americans can maximize profits off of it while monopolizing the industry to freeze out anybody south of the border.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Vote for Bernie he's a communist he'll give you weed.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
if they legalize weed im moving on to whatever is actually still cool at the time.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
prolly 20 more years tbh, it's like the easiest way for cops to be racist against black people, they aren't gonna give that up. I live in mississippi and check out this mugshot site from the town I live in

https://hattiesburg.mugshot.press

practically every arrest is a black person, for drugs. it's kinda funny, in a super not funny, wow this is really hosed up, lmao this country is awful kind of way

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Genesplicer posted:

I think part of the difficulty will be for law enforcement to be able to tell if you are currently under the influence. Since alcohol clears the system just about as rapidly as the drunkenness goes away, there are accurate tests that show just how under the influence someone may be. As far as I know, there is nothing similar for weed. This would cause some difficulty for traffic stops, where presence of THC and metabolites in the blood really can't indicate just how under the influence someone is.
I hear this argument a lot, but why does this even matter? Being drunk is the worst thing you can do while driving, and easily determined. Being stoned while driving will barely hinder you, and if you are pulled over the cop will probably know you are stoned anyway.

I used to work in a pharmacy and this one lady would come in for her Lyrica prescription, which was to treat fibromyalgia (chronic pain). She always looked whacked out on this stuff, and one day we learned that she died in a car accident. If only we had a way to test people for Lyrica levels in the bloodstream. There's a million drugs out there and singling marijuana as one we NEED to be able to test for is silly, especially since it's probably the least detrimental towards driving.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Gotta punish those stoners somehow, even if they've made no traffic errors and there's no way to tell if they're stoned!

That we've had a ban for this long and we still don't know how to competently test for stoned driving is pretty telling as to the issue's urgency, and using it to justify keeping the federal ban is some crazy "let's keep one bad policy because we can't figure out how to manage a somewhat related policy that we'd be unable to figure out regardless of the first policy" concern trolling.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

If you're using the government suppliers you're a huge chump and way overpaying, absolutely true.

I would easily take this over the prohibition-state standard of waiting in the shadiest areas for mystery weed that may-or-may-not be plastic wrapped bags of oregano!

That is still also expensive

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

Private Cumshoe posted:

Gotta punish those stoners somehow, even if they've made no traffic errors and there's no way to tell if they're stoned!

That we've had a ban for this long and we still don't know how to competently test for stoned driving is pretty telling as to the issue's urgency, and using it to justify keeping the federal ban is some crazy "let's keep one bad policy because we can't figure out how to manage a somewhat related policy that we'd be unable to figure out regardless of the first policy" concern trolling.

if you made no traffic errors then what did you get pulled over for

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

sex excellence posted:

Driving while black

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

sex excellence posted:

Sometimes they profile / target an individual, then they follow you and wait for the smallest infraction and pull you over for what could only possibly be given a verbal warning. There's so many minor infraction laws they will find something. Well county law says you need to put your blinker on 20 feet back and you did it around 15 feet before the turn so I'm going to give you a warning and hey, does it smell like weed in here? step out of the vehicle sir.

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

Fleetwood Crack posted:

Driving while black

what if youre a whitebread goon like %90 of the people who use this website

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

pixaal posted:

Sometimes they profile / target an individual, then they follow you and wait for the smallest infraction and pull you over for what could only possibly be given a verbal warning. There's so many minor infraction laws they will find something. Well county law says you need to put your blinker on 20 feet back and you did it around 15 feet before the turn so I'm going to give you a warning and hey, does it smell like weed in here? step out of the vehicle sir.

sounds pretty messed up, ive never heard of this phenomena before- does this happen in the united states too???

edit: i live in the us and this information is really new to me and super surprising i need to know more please teach me fellow goons

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

sex excellence posted:

Haven't you ever watched an episode of Cops? "This car that just passed us didn't signal/didn't have their seatbelt on/didn't make a complete stop/had a tail light out so let's see what's going on with them"
The judgment is always made first, the reason to pull over the vehicle is always in service of whatever reason they already have.

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

KakerMix posted:

Haven't you ever watched an episode of Cops? "This car that just passed us didn't signal/didn't have their seatbelt on/didn't make a complete stop/had a tail light out so let's see what's going on with them"
The judgment is always made first, the reason to pull over the vehicle is always in service of whatever reason they already have.

my mom didnt let me watch it and ive kind of stuck with the habit but that is super super messed man

Shrimps
Aug 25, 2004
I dont think America will ever see it legalized on a federal level like Canada. Trumps consistent position has been it is a states issue so I think it will just be punted down to the states if he does anything. This is an easy bipartisan issue in most state legislatures.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Shrimps posted:

I dont think America will ever see it legalized on a federal level like Canada. Trumps consistent position has been it is a states issue so I think it will just be punted down to the states if he does anything. This is an easy bipartisan issue in most state legislatures.

You seem very confused, handing it off to the states is what making it federally legal is.

Legal would mean making it as legal as alcohol, which states can still ban. There are counties in which it is illegal to sell alcohol still. If they made it federally legal today it would still be illegal in states that have no passed laws allowing it to be legal. As of right now the states that sell weed could be contested and the law would not be upheld. That's the real danger right now without it being federally legal.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

it needs to be federally legal cause your border agents are insane

seems like every month there is a story about a canadian going into washington state and they tell the truth the the border agent when asked about weed and they say "yeah i smoked weed in the 70s" or something thinking that since its legal here and legal in washington state they can just tell the truth

then they get lifetime banned from entering the states lmao

the lesson here is also to never ever volunteer information

Pickwick High
Aug 4, 2019

They call me Nutse
welp I butt dialled 911 while round at my dealers and they tracked my phone when the hear ounce and bruce banner and we got busted! Ok so the cops let me off but I really don't think that dealer will sell me weed and shrooms and acid again

revwinnebago
Oct 4, 2017

Has anyone posted that this all happened before, and it will all happen again?

Go back and watch the first season of Saturday Night Live. It might even be S1E1 where they open a skit along the lines of, "With Congress is set to vote on legalizing marijuana in the coming months..."

numberoneposter posted:

it needs to be federally legal cause your border agents are insane

Try wrapping your head around the fact that federal agents still can - and do - raid state legal marijuana businesses whenever they need to make their quarterly quotas for enacting horrendous bullshit on innocent people.

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I traded my weed at the police station for a gang bangers Hi-Point 9MM. They were like, good thing we got the dangerus thing off tha street.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Probably never. The federal government will keep weed as a so-called state's rights issue until the end of time and more and more states will legalize weed over the next 10-15 years until it's just crazy racist theocratic Bible Belt states like Alabama or Mississippi as the only places left where you can't smoke legally.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

legalize it. or don't because i'm gonna smoke pounds either way

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Hell Yeah posted:

legalize it. or don't because i'm gonna smoke pounds either way

Legal weed is for squares

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Doesn't help how Congress is full of idiot centrist Dems older than my parents who still believe weed is this life-destroying devil's herb and will possibly consider bringing down possession to a misdemeanor at most. We'll have to wait for the vast majority of the centrist Pelosi types to retire or die until anything maybe changes.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
If you're a cop and you want to quickly find some criminals just start pulling over every dark green or maroon sedan made between 1990-1995.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Doesn't help how Congress is full of idiot centrist Dems older than my parents who still believe weed is this life-destroying devil's herb and will possibly consider bringing down possession to a misdemeanor at most. We'll have to wait for the vast majority of the centrist Pelosi types to retire or die until anything maybe changes.

basically all Congress Dems are pro legalization now. The only barrier is Senate Republicans

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Squalid posted:

basically all Congress Dems are pro legalization now. The only barrier is Senate Republicans

Mitch "turtle" McConnell actually. There's several republican senators that are on board but they will follow Mitch's lead until he dies.

It might change though, Mitch was talking with Cannabis industry leaders earlier this month. There is a lot of money in it, and Mitch loves money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

poverty goat posted:

Legal weed is for squares

Legal edibles loving own though. They stuff an insane amount of thc in some of these products, way more than you could do at home.