Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~
My team sucks, gonna root for the Patriots

Lol just kidding, I'm not a douchebag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
death to the patriots imho

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

death to the patriots imho

Not harsh enough, IMO. Nuke Boston, salt the Earth, then nuke it again.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
tom brady open mouth kisses his son pretty weird

he also cheats at football

would barstool exist without tom brady and the patriots? well, hard to say......

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
That is as cupcake of a schedule as you will ever get.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hold your horses because the Patriots have to face the Cincinnati Bengals right after facing the Kansas City Chiefs, which is a known weakness.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Ironically all the bitter Pats haters are only hurting themselves, while the Pats and their fans continue to prosper.

Makes you think.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Voted 1, gas

nah
Mar 16, 2009

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

The Patriots organization is full of Trump supporters

gently caress It - Trump 2020 Bandwagon

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

It just amuses the gently caress out of me that they've been clowning on everyone for so long and there ain't a single thing anyone can do about it in TYOOL 2019. Its so odd to go from hating their guts to laughing at them utterly destroy teams over and over. But they're not just winning, no, they're causing teams to COMPLETELY melt down and see ghosts. The Patriots are the greatest villain the NFL will ever see and when they go, the NFL is gonna be a hell of a lot less interesting without them. Evil will always triumph because good is dumb. Hail Satan.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I kind of worry the Patriots will beat the hell out of the Ravens and people will be like "see, so they found out how to stop Lamar Jackson" when the real problem is we just don't have the overall talent on offense and Jackson is the least of it.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Kawalimus posted:

I kind of worry the Patriots will beat the hell out of the Ravens and people will be like "see, so they found out how to stop Lamar Jackson" when the real problem is we just don't have the overall talent on offense and Jackson is the least of it.

I kind of worry about this too

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Tom Brady has lost 3 Super Bowls. I would kill myself if I did something that embarrassing lol

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Please do and then exit the thread.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
dzhokhar tsarnaev's only moral failing was a lack of ambition

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Lol if you think this thread is a "joke".

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Mel Mudkiper posted:

dzhokhar tsarnaev's only moral failing was a lack of ambition

The Tsarnaevs were the rest of the country's pathetic attempt at revenge for Boston sending out the 9/11 attacks.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

K8.0 posted:

The Tsarnaevs were the rest of the country's pathetic attempt at revenge for Boston sending out the 9/11 attacks.

Once again, proving that the Patriots caused 9/11.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

you dont get mad at michelango for painting the sistine chapel and shaming every other artist for eternity.

You sit back and appreciate the beauty.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
RUB
MAPS
DOT
COM

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I've made my peace.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?
my favorite Patriot all time is Ben Coates, is this the right thread for me

no. 87 is the magic number for a Patriot to be cool and likeable I think, should put Watson in 87 since I like him too. tight ends, y'all

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

guts and bolts posted:

my favorite Patriot all time is Ben Coates, is this the right thread for me

no. 87 is the magic number for a Patriot to be cool and likeable I think, should put Watson in 87 since I like him too. tight ends, y'all

My team won him a Superbowl!! We didn't get much use of him though.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Phyein posted:

My team sucks, gonna root for the Patriots

Lol just kidding, I'm not a douchebag

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
congrats to the new elngland patriots on their undefeated season

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Peachfart posted:

Voted 1, gas

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Liking this. QB's that've faced the pats this year:

Turning opposing QB's from Bortles to Peterman.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Oct 23, 2019

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
.9 lol

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Peachfart posted:

Voted 1, gas

true, it's an incredibly bad and inappropriate username/post combo. because the pats are going 19-0, you see. yet the thread was created by user "nah"

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Can't wait to unlock this post for glory
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3898181

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Kalli posted:

Liking this. QB's that've faced the pats this year:

Turning opposing QB's from Bortles to Peterman.

We'll see this on display in the Super Bowl when Blake Bortles leads the LA Rams to a conference championship

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

Kawalimus posted:

My team won him a Superbowl!! We didn't get much use of him though.

this probably makes me a Bad Fan Online or whatever but I distinctly remember rooting for Ben Coates to win a Super Bowl and Ray Bourque to win a Stanley Cup with other teams (Ravens and Avs respectively) at around the same time. I remember being a little kid and watching Elway and the Broncs beat the fuckin brakes off of the Pats in Foxboro on those terrible old steel benches in the fuckin freezing cold, and even as a kid I was thinking "god I hope Ben and Drew get to go to a good team and win a Bowl, the Pats will never loving matter"

to this day I think Bill Belichick is the physical manifestation of a Faustian bargain my dad made wherein his son will never amount to poo poo, but the Patriots will rip off a sports dynasty that will enrage every other fan until Ol Scratch comes to claim his soul

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

guts and bolts posted:

this probably makes me a Bad Fan Online or whatever but I distinctly remember rooting for Ben Coates to win a Super Bowl and Ray Bourque to win a Stanley Cup with other teams (Ravens and Avs respectively) at around the same time. I remember being a little kid and watching Elway and the Broncs beat the fuckin brakes off of the Pats in Foxboro on those terrible old steel benches in the fuckin freezing cold, and even as a kid I was thinking "god I hope Ben and Drew get to go to a good team and win a Bowl, the Pats will never loving matter"

to this day I think Bill Belichick is the physical manifestation of a Faustian bargain my dad made wherein his son will never amount to poo poo, but the Patriots will rip off a sports dynasty that will enrage every other fan until Ol Scratch comes to claim his soul

No I think it makes you a good fan to root for your favs to win championships on other teams. More complicated I think is when you have a player who is playing for your most hated team now. Like say Coates went to the Jets and won a SB there for instance. That might be tougher. Like Rod Woodson also won a SB there and he was a Steelers legend but played for the Ravens. Now Steelers fans probably didn't care then because the rivalry was mostly Ravens fans hating Pittsburgh. But nowadays it might be harder. Or say Ed Reed went to Pittsburgh and won there instead of here. I bet that would rub a lot of Ravens fans the wrong way forever.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

This thread achieved its purpose in making at least one person sick to their stomach upon reading it.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I rooted for 19-0 in 2007. It was cool then. But I'm not really rooting for it this time. And that year also was pretty neat because Brady really stepped up his play and became a top QB. Before that he was mostly considered a guy who was pretty decent, but buoyed by a strong coach, defense, and running game.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

the bengals will beat the patriots

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

the best part about 2007 was how close some teams got to stopping it as the year wore on. The end of that Ravens game with Scott throwing the flag was incredible

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Jonathan Fisk posted:

the best part about 2007 was how close some teams got to stopping it as the year wore on. The end of that Ravens game with Scott throwing the flag was incredible

That wasn't even the end of the game. The end of the game was a completed hail mary to mark clayton that came a yard short.

That last patriots drive was nuts. People remember us stopping Brady's sneak but Rex Ryan called timeout. What you don't remember is we stopped them AGAIN on the next play, but that one got called back too due to a false start! And these weren't plays where like half the players stopped due to whistles either. These were straight up won plays by the Ravens defense.

The Ravens were garbage that year but I really wanted us to possibly be the only team to beat New England, and also the only team to lose to Miami. In fact if we beat New England and they had still been undefeated I would have like 50% been rooting for the Dolphins in that game.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Kawalimus posted:

The Ravens were garbage that year

As opposed to when in the Kawaliverse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

As opposed to when in the Kawaliverse

2007 was really bad. So bad that we fired Billick when we had just given him a huge extension. We started off ok, but then had this disaster game against Pittsburgh on SNF where Mike Tomlin was openly laughing at how we played. Then we went into freefall and the team totally quit on Billick. But in that Patriots game a bunch of guys who were "injured" came back for just that one night and everyone cared again and made a serious push to beat the Patriots, since winning that game against an undefeated candidate would be kind of meaningful. Then we lost, and guys like McAlister etc all went on IR and we lost every other game except I think against Pittsburgh in a game started by Charlie Batch.

2007 was the second worst year in the 00s, only to 05. We had a slightly better record in 05, but the year was so boring I hardly remember anything from that. Except maybe the game at Detroit where we had 22 penalties or something. Waste of Deion Sanders' last year. 07 at least had the trainwreck factor with the Miami game plus that game against the Patriots. Plus that was also that year where we had that Cardinals game that I went to where Warner came in etc etc I mention this game a lot. 05 had nothing going for it.

07 was the year that was so bad that Jerry Jones hand-picked the Ravens to be his team to face in the last game at old Cowboys stadium. But that didn't turn out too well for him!