Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Notice how he avoided answering the question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Notice how he avoided answering the question

I mean almost any other year. In terms of quality it was really really bad. Nobody should have lost to that Miami team.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

Kawalimus posted:

No I think it makes you a good fan to root for your favs to win championships on other teams. More complicated I think is when you have a player who is playing for your most hated team now. Like say Coates went to the Jets and won a SB there for instance. That might be tougher. Like Rod Woodson also won a SB there and he was a Steelers legend but played for the Ravens. Now Steelers fans probably didn't care then because the rivalry was mostly Ravens fans hating Pittsburgh. But nowadays it might be harder. Or say Ed Reed went to Pittsburgh and won there instead of here. I bet that would rub a lot of Ravens fans the wrong way forever.

I basically find it really hard to dislike teams or players unless they are publicly really bad people, and really easy to root for teams or players that are truly great or fun to watch - it's fans who are jerks that make talking about sports online insufferable (so I like the Pats due to inheriting them from my geography/dad, really conflicted feelings on Brady/Belichick, really love a lot of the rest of the guys, and hate about half of the Pats fans I know)

and not like "haha your team looked like dogshit so I'll pay for your liquor :smug:" guys - who are totally fine! - but people, like, rooting for injuries or breaking stuff in their house while their families watch in horror. that's sort of lovely and insensitive to Kramer into the sports forum and say when your teams have had success for a while, though, I think. like "look at these guys getting upset about sports" when you root for the Sox/Cs/Pats/Bruins is both easy and bad

on-topic: I'm rooting for an undefeated season because I want the defense to get all the credit they deserve and I love the McCourty bros and Gilmore and Hightower.

also for the record the coolest football fans I've dealt with are Chargers and Broncos, the worst are Steelers and Jets (and Pats)

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

the bengals will beat the patriots

At what?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

QB production over the next 10 years

Nov 6, 2002

The next year and a half of Brady will probably rival whatever the Bengals can accomplish in the next decade.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
why are patriots fans completely incapable of being funny when trash talking

Every other franchise fans can play along and have fun but every Pats fan responds to riffing with these most thin skinned poo poo

Nov 6, 2002

It might actually be you that needs to chill out, cause nothing I'm posting about is serious business.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

It might actually be you that needs to chill out, cause nothing I'm posting about is serious business.

see

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

It took almost 8 years but Mel was finally right

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
The main characteristic of the remaining Pats fans is just that we're boring as poo poo and not very :wrongcity: BAHSTAHN STRAWNG :wrongcity:

The last really fun one was 4 5 RING SHRIMP, and the guy who prompted the GOONDOLENCES FOR YOUR LOST SEASON gif for melting down in 2013/2014/maybe 2015 wandered off at some point too.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Its like 5 ring shrimp is a sponge and soaked up all the funny from the Pats fanbase

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Its like 5 ring shrimp is a sponge and soaked up all the funny from the Pats fanbase

My gimmick was always being the dullest :patssay: so I was just ahead of the curve.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Imagine thinking Tom Brady is anything but the best quarterback of all time

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

imagine thinking Tom Brady doesn't slip a little tongue when he mouth kisses his children

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

sean10mm posted:

My gimmick was always being the dullest :patssay: so I was just ahead of the curve.

One of my first probes ever was in TFF for implying that people who said "gently caress the Patriots" should go out and shoot some players if they're so mad about them winning. worth it imo suck farts directly out of my rear end haters

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I’m willing to concede that Tom Brady is the goat if we recognize Peyton Manning easily outclassed him as a qb

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I’m willing to concede that Tom Brady is the goat if we recognize Peyton Manning easily outclassed him as a qb

yeah sure, outclassed in the category of "having the biggest forehead on the planet"

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

why are patriots fans completely incapable of being funny when trash talking

it's the same as any friendship, for it to work you gotta be equals. what is the hypothetical Jets fan comeback to two loving decades of sustained success when you just watched your ostensible franchise QB get dunked into hell just in time for Halloween

"darnold can't even drink this one off because he's already seen too many spirits today"
"oh, well... you guys cheat a lot???"

or you have the Internet Fan pro move of just being really self-deprecating taken away because it would sound insincere and let's be honest probably is insincere

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Football

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Yeah, but on the other hand the Patriots are cheaters and jerks and boy kissers.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I regret to inform you all that I dont use night mode on twitter.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

OxySnake posted:

I regret to inform you all that I dont use night mode on twitter.

I mean, we already knew he was a cheating pedophile :shrug:

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Brady and his agent put their Massachusetts houses for sale in August. I think he might be retiring soon. The Patriot dynasty is coming to a close guys.

Kurt Loadeater
May 15, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Him and his masseuse are just relocating. There's a team out there that they think will help better brand themselves.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
The Pats are winless in Super Bowls against the best division in football, the NFC North. The rest of the NFL should get it's collective poo poo together and be more like the North.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

sponges posted:

Brady and his agent put their Massachusetts houses for sale in August. I think he might be retiring soon. The Patriot dynasty is coming to a close guys.

What are you guys gonna do when Brady leaves but the Patriots find another QB like the Packers did. It kinda already happened once but Kraft was out of the Rub and Tug long enough to not let Bill keep Jimmy

Nov 6, 2002

Nodoze posted:

What are you guys gonna do when Brady leaves but the Patriots find another QB like the Packers did. It kinda already happened once but Kraft was out of the Rub and Tug long enough to not let Bill keep Jimmy

You mean Jacoby.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

I've been trying to find a specific post from either the N/V or aftermath threads where someone posted all the Pats Superbowl wins and then someone quoted them and just commented on every single one with tagline of "and then the cheating so much cheating" and for the last one was something like "dee ford offsides what the gently caress"

I've been searching myself but I can't find it, poo poo was hilarious.

Satisfaction Guaranteed fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Oct 24, 2019

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Satisfaction Guaranteed posted:

I've been trying to find a specific post from either the N/V or aftermath threads where someone posted all the Pats Superbowl wins and then someone quoted them and just commented on every single one with tagline of "and then the cheating so much cheating" and for the last one was something like "dee ford offsides what the gently caress"

I've been searching myself but I can't find it, poo poo was hilarious.

I said it, because it's all true, friendo.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3900693&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=8#post499030693

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Pops Mgee posted:

The Pats are winless in Super Bowls against the best division in football, the NFC North. The rest of the NFL should get it's collective poo poo together and be more like the North.

If you can tell me honestly that you think the Packers can defeat this evil before it claims yet another superbowl ring, I will stand with the Rodgerses.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Yea he is okay too but you know Bill loves Jimmy. And who couldn't, look how handsome he is

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I'm really excited for the Patriots this year! I think they have a pretty decent shot at winning the Super Bowl and it's a blessing to be able to watch the team I root for have a dynasty for decades!

Let's go, Pats! #DoYourJob

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

sponges posted:

Tom is going to come home to Ann Arbor, lead the Lions to the Super Bowl, mentor Matthew Stafford into becoming the next ageless quarterback, help Michigan get over the hump, and establish a line of gyms from the central location of Michigan.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

AsInHowe posted:

Tom is going to come home to Ann Arbor, lead the Lions to the Super Bowl, mentor Matthew Stafford into becoming the next ageless quarterback, help Michigan get over the hump, and establish a line of gyms from the central location of Michigan.

Would have been more realistic if you said he’d sign with the Red Wings.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

fartknocker posted:

Would have been more realistic if you said he’d sign with the Red Wings.

We already have a genius legend in charge of the Red Wings

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

If Tom Brady wanted to truly be the GOAT he should have signed 1 year contracts with different teams every year and then won six super bowls

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

If Tom Brady wanted to truly be the GOAT he should have signed 1 year contracts with different teams every year and then won six super bowls

He wants to help Belichick break Landry's 20 year consecutive winning streak before moving onto making every team with their first superbowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Tom Brady go to the Browns coward