Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Whew! Just caught up, and at a disconcerting moment, too! At least Date is... kinda... better off now? Assuming he gets his memories back that is... (trying to see the bright side here!)

The chain of "musical bodies" is still kind of a mystery to me, and what we learn this update doesn't really help... I guess that's intended, but how on earth did this even happen?

Also, whoever voices #89 is really good at making him sound wholly different depending on who's "piloting" him, so to speak. When we first met him (and he was presumably Rohan), he was a lot more... flat, stoic and to the point, so much so that it was kinda up in the air as to whether he meant what he said about loving Iris and Hitomi or not. But these last scenes, when he is Saito... he's so much more animated and so much more gleefully malicious. It's really great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Well, that's... a lot. The holes in the story seem mostly filled... although that initial episode with Rohan is just some horrific ineptitude and the reason why you let everyone possible involved know the details of it, so the bodyswitched criminal psychopath doesn't literally just walk out the goddamn door, Jesus Christ you lot should be fired...

Though I guess it does speak to the strength of the writing that the various mishaps come off not so much Plot Mandated Stupidity as genuinely what the characters involved would do. Some very strong character writing...God, how loathsome they made Saito in not very many scenes comparted to other characters. When he was talking to Date about how Falco is a serial killer... gah, the absolute GALL.

Still, it seems as though things ended as they should. Nearly. Aiba... :smith:

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

My annoyance at dance party endings (seriously, they are kinda overused) is warring with my finding that ending sweet and funny (welcome back, Aiba :unsmith: ), so I dunno.

But thanks for another great ride, TheMcD!

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

Maybe if you only watch Bollywood films.

Nah, Bollywood is actually good about it; interesting and colorful, and such, and they're usually actually musicals. I just tend to watch a lot of children/all-ages media, because animation is a hobby of mine (and America has largely decided that cartoons are for kids), and I keep getting asked to field things by my other cousins with kids and my mother, who buys things for them. And ever since Shrek in 2001, it really does seem like every other film likes to slip a dance number in there, because it's a cheap and easy way to send people out on a high note. And it's unearned a lot of times, doesn't make sense in the context of the rest of the film, set to insipid pop or rap, and I'm just so over it.