Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

I somehow just found this LP. Finished this game, absolutely loved it even though it's very buggy. In my playthrough the dialogue randomly stuck whenever Aiba uses AI vision. At least I don't get any Somnium crashes, though :v:

LJN92 posted:

I think I can safely say this is the point where the game has lost any semblance of seriousness it might have yet possessed.

The action scenes are extremely goofy, yes. But don't worry, the game still has plenty of seriousness to spare. In most serious situations, the game only gives the vanilla flavor text toward everything to disincentivize 10 minutes of pixel hunting (not that it works on TheMcD :v:).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

I also don't remember the map exists when I played it. Even then, this somnium isn't as hard as you're making it to be. I found MaiN 1 to be harder (due to all timies being hidden and you can suddenly get x5 just by investigating :argh: )

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Well, we finished a route :confuoot:

Hopefully in the other routes we won't fail to protect the main character miserably.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

What a polite arch/tori'i :)

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Worth noting that building the camera reveals all timies and won't lock you out of the left branch. Otherwise, all timies are hidden, which makes managing time very tricky in this somnium.

Also, 999 seconds!? As if the 358/2 days seconds in the first branch isn't bad enough :argh:

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

AweStriker posted:

I should hope non-Somnium Aiba is better at driving than Somnium Aiba if she does have to take the wheel, lest we forget what happened when she unleashed the Drift King.

Well, it's not like she can unleash the Drift King in the real world, so... :j:

Also, The McD, are you planning on another bonus video on PaiN somnium to round up the things you missed?

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

You don't miss anything that big, but you did miss the speaker pole before pulling out the ice pick. You can actually get rid of the lightning that way instead of using the ice pick. It's amusing to see how Aiba pull the big pole

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

It's interesting the way Uchikoshi wrote the branching parts to have it be intriguing no matter which order we go through the routes. If you go through this route first and see Renju's death, you'll be surprised at the amount of poo poo he pulled in Iris' path.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Have we learned the thing you mentioned? I don't think it has been brought up in this thread.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

I was referring to the brain tumor. After double checking, turns out that you're right; it has been revealed before. Guess my memory is the faulty one :sweatdrop:

It would've sucked you went that path first, and then finding out that to see everything you have to play along with her delusions. Good thing we believed her the first time :j:

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

:suspense:

Keep in mind that this is possibly the third somnium you'll see, so it has a really big impact. To say that it makes the cheery Shovelforge somniums in the other branch very jarring is kind of an understatement.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

I think an update schedule too fast would be more than 1 a day, so I think you're good.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

This somnium is a nice breather after the mindfuck that was Iris' latest somnium. Too bad those times make you wanna cry instead, though :v:

McD, I think your polling was too ambiguous this time. Going to the left side of the room brings us to the right path and vice versa. It'd probably be better if the choices are green/red like what the game told you, but :shrug:

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

TheMcD posted:

I mean, you say this as someone who's already beaten the game. For someone who hasn't played through the game, all my polls bar the "believe Iris" one were just as completely ambiguous as to what the result would be and that was the intent.

The fact that everybody was flying blind this time wasn't a bad thing. The entire idea is to replicate the decision making a first time player would have with two choices that you can't really distinguish what they do but have to decide on regardless. If anything, my other polls weren't ambiguous enough.

That's fair :hmmyes:

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

We got yelled at by Boss a lot. Seems to be a constant in all timelines :j:

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Date finally gets a date :woop:

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

This is an amazing somnium, my second favorite.

Also, I like that it reuses the mechanic from our very first somnium.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

This somnium toes the line between funny and sad. Except Adorabbit, that's just plain creepy.

Also, the game might've let you proceed without eating the stew, but it will punish you by making ALL further actions in that somnium cost an extra 10 seconds. This way, you'd have to reach Date with at least 132 seconds left if you want to get through this somnium (and borderline impossible to leave with time to spare).

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Are they fixed based on your previous decision or are they just random?

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Mayve it's like VLR where our actions decide who's in the suit...somehow :v:

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

This is where things get off the rails...for like the tenth time :allears:

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Flashbacks in CAPTaiN are a bunch of daily stuff you never stop to appreciate until it's gone while the flashbacks in SUSTaiN are a bunch of struggles. I find that this somnium hits in the feels more than our last one.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

You didn't touch the operating table in the second branch, even though it's listed as something that would advance the somnium.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Well this branch may be very bleak with plenty of deaths, but at least Pewter is a total bro and doesn't betray us this time! :confuoot:

On the flip side, Pewter's betrayal is a lot more surprising when you played this route first.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

You progress in this somnium by getting rid of green stuff (book, painting, fan, liquid, plant, etc). The hint was that Aiba closed a green door in the opening cutscene, causing the membrane to shrink. Once you get rid of enough green stuff, the lock events (phone, eye, knock) will happen.

Yeah, it's very obtuse. I got through this one on my first try purely on accident. At least there's no "gently caress you here's a mandatory 358/999 seconds action" in the end like Iris' first somnium.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Seems like the somnia on the dead Renju timeline has the philosophy of "You need a lot of time to do these stuffs, but here's your timies. Get to it :colbert:" While the somnia on the alive Renju timeline has the philosophy "There's a huge time sink at the end and the timies are all hidden. Better hope you found a good one! :buddy:"

Also, it's easy to found Hitomi running around in circles if you're also running around in circles in the dark. Hooray for kindred spirits! :hfive:

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Oh hello again Traitorous Pewter. Haven't seen you in a while. Shame we have to go back to Traitorous Boss timeline so soon :sadwave:

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

The crash counter winner is 225% off :eng99:

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

I like puzzles, so I like this somnium :colbert:. At the very least, it's less annoying than Hitomi's "I can't see poo poo" or 89's "GREEEEEEEENS".

And you don't even show off the entrance door, with all choices needing 999 seconds and having x999 timies. :eng99:

1234567890num fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Aug 27, 2020

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Yeah, this somnium is the least dream-like, but in a way that reinforces its uniqueness :v:

By the way, I heard in the PS4 version saving here causes corrupted save files, kinda like PEC in VLR for 3DS. That's another mark against its favor :(

SITB posted:

It does seem kinda designed to waste your time with repeated map checking and repeatedly having to go through doors, each having its own mini-scene. And since the timing seems strict you don't even get the ability to poke around experimentally and see what happens (and get goofy dialogue).

The timing isn't actually strict here, provided you use the timies on the 999 second actions. There's plenty of time to do random stuff.

That said, some of the wrong actions also require 999 seconds (like other actions for the ladder), so in that way it is really strict. You do have a leeway of one action though (since final actions can go past the time limit).

1234567890num fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Aug 27, 2020

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Iris' mind is already strangled and her body cut in half tho?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

The power of dance is so strong that Hitomi's arm injury magically heals itself :j:

Also, remember how in order to take this route we have to break Iris' trust and heart into pieces (with a pickaxe)? Fun times :allears: