Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Rogue One gets a lot of goodwill because it has Donnie Yen working a Zatoichi gimmick. As it should, because that rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

movie 43 is here for me, and I actually hate-watched several Friedburg/Seltzer joints. Movie 43 is still worse, because the idea - famous people doing a Zuckerverg comedy of skits like Kentuck Fried Movie - is lights-out, then it just sprays misogyny and diarrhea (literally in one sketch) for 88 minutes then mercifully ends.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Shrecknet posted:

movie 43 is here for me, and I actually hate-watched several Friedburg/Seltzer joints. Movie 43 is still worse, because the idea - famous people doing a Zuckerverg comedy of skits like Kentuck Fried Movie - is lights-out, then it just sprays misogyny and diarrhea (literally in one sketch) for 88 minutes then mercifully ends.

The scene with halle berry and the dude daring each other to get more and more absurd plastic surgery is nightmarish and also like super obviously some writer/producers fetish

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Gripweed posted:

Early on in Rogue One, the lady says that she doesn't trust people. Towards the end, she says the other characters are her family. That's it, those two lines of dialogue are everything the movie does to give the characters arcs.

Also, if you think about it's role in the series Rogue One is stunning stupid. In the first Star Wars, the rebels got the plans and went over them to find a weakness of any kind. and the only they could find was the exhaust port. If you recall, the exhaust port plan is to fly straight at the Death Star, through all the Tie Fighters and anti-air fire. Then fly along the trench for a long time, where the Rebellion fighters are basically sitting ducks for the pursing Tie Fighters. Then shoot a torpedo into the exhaust port, a shot so difficult experienced pilots flat out said it was impossible. If they missed, they had to loop back around and do another run.

In the end, the only reason it worked was a random space ship they weren't expecting showed up at the last second to shoo away the Tie Fighters so literally their last pilot had plenty of time to prep for taking the shot, and also oh yeah it turned out that pilot was a secret wizard. The entire plan would not have worked if not for the fact that unbeknownst to them all, one of their pilots had magical powers.

And then Rogue One says that that was the plan all along. The exhaust port was an intentionally included flaw that Mads Mikkelson designed. He designed a flaw that required literal magic to take advantage of.

Nah, he put in the reactor weakness.

The exhaust port bombing was just a last ditch effort because the Rebel base was discovered and about to be blown up. The idea was that you could sneak on the Death Star and blow it up with a plan with more time.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 for how thoughtless and cynical you can be when you so badly want a franchise but haven't earned any goodwill. Perhaps the badness of this film is what gave us the course-correction that lead to the excellent Spider-Verse.

Incidentally Far from Home is a good Mysterio movie but a throwaway Spidey film. It erodes the appeal of Peter Parker to have him given so many toys by a billionaire oval office. It's downright sinister and antithetical to the character that he has the keys to a killer-drone army that's near identical to the weapon of mass-murder nearly used by Hydra.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I don’t think people ‘got’ Rogue One

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
All the Disney Star Wars movies. I never thought I'd lose interest in Star Wars, especially if that interest survived The Clone Wars cgi movie featuring Truman Capote the Hutt. However, they got me to emotionally divest from the franchise. Well played, Disney. Well played.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
The first Disney starwars was a good enough movie to set up a new universe, beat case scenario would have been a bit of a shakey start

and then the last Jedi was trying to have spectacular in the most clinical sense and nothing more, which I wish starwars( and modern films ) had a bit more of.

But I'm just not interested in the latest star wars, very eh. I can't twist anything good from it

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Was it, though? It failed to establish anything about the post-ROTJ state of the galaxy, and provided names and props without any exposition. Disney's response was to point people toward the new in-canon books, comics, video games, and other media to fill in the blanks. :shrug:

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

sponges posted:

It bored me too much to engage with it tbh.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Bogus Adventure posted:

Was it, though? It failed to establish anything about the post-ROTJ state of the galaxy, and provided names and props without any exposition. Disney's response was to point people toward the new in-canon books, comics, video games, and other media to fill in the blanks. :shrug:

I really got the impression Disney want to clean slate the entire thing and kind of do their own original trilogy, as far as setting up a villain ,a cast of lovable rogues, and cutting some old ties I think it achieves that much. I'm not saying it's great, just functional and could have led to better films.

Clearly that hasn't happened , but it felt like star wars for a new generation.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Jestery posted:

I really got the impression Disney want to clean slate the entire thing and kind of do their own original trilogy, as far as setting up a villain ,a cast of lovable rogues, and cutting some old ties I think it achieves that much. I'm not saying it's great, just functional and could have led to better films.

Clearly that hasn't happened , but it felt like star wars for a new generation.

I didn't have a problem with TFA when it came out. Sure, it played it really safe, but it was fun, kept moving, and looked pretty nice. It was a new film that was seen to be getting the series back on track, playing it safe and keeping to the familiar seemed like a good choice. That that has been all they've done since (some interesting choices in TLJ aside) has been a shame. It reminds me of a friend who wasn't bothered by the standard, unadventurous nature of Avengers, sure that they would take more risks later on, unaware that no risks was the SOP.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

sponges posted:

It's better this way.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i don't think 'Rogue One' was 'good'

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
Honestly The Force Awakens was among my most disappointing movies of the decade upon first watch but I didn't include it because (1) it did kind of grow on me with time, (2) it's more for super-subjective sentimental-type reasons than anything else, and (3) I figure people might think I'm trolling.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in the world who didn't care for TFA because it didn't feel sufficiently Star Wars enough. To me it was closer to something like The Fifth Element and at points was even reminding me more of Star Trek(!). I'd normally be much more forgiving about this except "remind the audience of Star Wars" was pretty clearly this movie's most critical self-assigned mission.

I was also put off by what initially seemed like the implication that the war with the Empire just kind of never really ended, which was a giant bummer. I can just see Abrams beginning his story treatment thinking, "You know, the original Star Wars never really stopped to go over the history and politics behind its war, so I'm not going to, either." And the obvious difference here is nobody saw anything before the original Star Wars, so there was nothing for them to care about. Going into TFA of course the foremost thing on everyone's mind is what's been going on in the Star Wars universe since we last saw it, and not being given even a cursory rundown was both disappointing and disorienting.

Likewise, according to the internet I'm supposed to pick a side between TLJ and ROS (or just hate them both), but... I like both of them? I felt like they got the look and feel of a Star Wars film about right (which after TFA I was no longer taking for granted), TLJ provided some vital context (yes, even a single line establishing that there was indeed a long period of peace was very helpful), and some nifty little meta subtext about getting over/coming to terms with Star Wars having been "ruined" by prequels and sequels. And ROS is this glorious, big dumb mess of a movie that's like if you asked 12-year-old me to make up a Star Wars movie, it just puts a big-rear end smile on my face.

(eh, last paragraph's kind of off-topic, sorry)

SidneyIsTheKiller fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Dec 30, 2019

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bogus Adventure posted:

All the Disney Star Wars movies. I never thought I'd lose interest in Star Wars, especially if that interest survived The Clone Wars cgi movie featuring Truman Capote the Hutt. However, they got me to emotionally divest from the franchise. Well played, Disney. Well played.

I can definitely relate to that, I liked Rogue One enough, but the rest of them have just made me not want to watch another Star Wars until somehow Disney releases a UHD version of the Original Trilogy from before 1996, so pretty much never again.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Iron Crowned posted:

I can definitely relate to that, I liked Rogue One enough, but the rest of them have just made me not want to watch another Star Wars until somehow Disney releases a UHD version of the Original Trilogy from before 1996, so pretty much never again.

It's frustrating because JJ Abrams and Kurtzman did the same thing to me with Star Trek. The special effects are pretty, the actors are great, but the stories are lazily written rehashes of prior movies. Discovery sounds like a grimdark mess outside of Captain Pike & Co., and Star Trek Picard is best summed up with the following comparison:

At least I can still go back and watch the older shows. :smith:

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Gripweed posted:

Early on in Rogue One, the lady says that she doesn't trust people. Towards the end, she says the other characters are her family. That's it, those two lines of dialogue are everything the movie does to give the characters arcs.

Also, if you think about it's role in the series Rogue One is stunning stupid. In the first Star Wars, the rebels got the plans and went over them to find a weakness of any kind. and the only they could find was the exhaust port. If you recall, the exhaust port plan is to fly straight at the Death Star, through all the Tie Fighters and anti-air fire. Then fly along the trench for a long time, where the Rebellion fighters are basically sitting ducks for the pursing Tie Fighters. Then shoot a torpedo into the exhaust port, a shot so difficult experienced pilots flat out said it was impossible. If they missed, they had to loop back around and do another run.

In the end, the only reason it worked was a random space ship they weren't expecting showed up at the last second to shoo away the Tie Fighters so literally their last pilot had plenty of time to prep for taking the shot, and also oh yeah it turned out that pilot was a secret wizard. The entire plan would not have worked if not for the fact that unbeknownst to them all, one of their pilots had magical powers.

And then Rogue One says that that was the plan all along. The exhaust port was an intentionally included flaw that Mads Mikkelson designed. He designed a flaw that required literal magic to take advantage of.

how about the part at the very beginning of the film where the lovable han solo style rogue murders a crippled fellow rebel because he might have inconvenienced him and then it never gets brought up again. what a horrible mess of a movie that was

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

babypolis posted:

how about the part at the very beginning of the film where the lovable han solo style rogue murders a crippled fellow rebel because he might have inconvenienced him and then it never gets brought up again. what a horrible mess of a movie that was

It's Whataboutism: The Movie. Oh, you think the Imperials are bad for building a superweapon and blowing up Jedha ? What about the atrocities committed by the Rebels fighting to "restore" the Republic when they attack are troops?

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Bogus Adventure posted:

It's Whataboutism: The Movie. Oh, you think the Imperials are bad for building a superweapon and blowing up Jedha ? What about the atrocities committed by the Rebels fighting to "restore" the Republic when they attack are troops?

i think it was trying to establish that this aint your grandmas star wars!!!! and then they completely forgot about it

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
I mean the dude basically goes on a suicide mission and is pretty accepting of his own death for a greater cause so it’s in line for his character

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

SleepCousinDeath posted:

I mean the dude basically goes on a suicide mission and is pretty accepting of his own death for a greater cause so it’s in line for his character

thats pretty far from murdering some dude just because he might inconvenience you. like its one thing to be so devoted to the mission that you are willing to sacrifice yourself but you also dont get to make that choice for others

plus you know maybe the character could show some regret as part of their arc? in the movie its literally never referenced again and he never does anything nearly as despicable so....

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

babypolis posted:

i think it was trying to establish that this aint your grandmas star wars!!!! and then they completely forgot about it

They forgot the most important rule of Star Wars: Do or do not, there is no try.

Important rule of Disney Star Wars: Let the Wookie be apolitical (lol)

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Jesus christ you're still bitching about Star Wars and Marvel movies.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
poo poo-talking billion dollar earners from a company that owns roughly half of the American box office is more fruitful a labor than owning medium/small-budget films.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

X-Ray Pecs posted:

poo poo-talking billion dollar earners from a company that owns roughly half of the American box office is more fruitful a labor than owning medium/small-budget films.

Are we here to take down The Man, or are we here to talk about the worst movies of the 2010s?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Sleeveless posted:

I see you're still making terrible posts

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

General Dog posted:

Are we here to take down The Man, or are we here to talk about the worst movies of the 2010s?

Yes, we can do both of those things

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

General Dog posted:

Both usually go hand in hand. :shrug:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Sleeveless posted:

Of all the planets in the galaxy, you chose to be Crait

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

One from this year that I ended up strongly disliking was The Beach Bum. I saw Matthew McConaughey and Snoop Dogg promoting it on Jimmy Kimmel… evidently, they smoked such strong weed on set that they woke up the next morning and had accidentally recorded a hip-hop album together. With promotion like that, I figured, why the hell not! Could be the next Big Lebowski!

McConaughey plays Moondog, a perpetually-inebriated beach “poet” in an open marriage in South Florida, whose itinerant lifestyle is supported by his wife’s wealth. Snoop Dogg is his bestest best buddy who also happens to be sleeping with his wife. He pretty much plays Snoop Dogg, albeit under the hilarious pimp moniker Lingerie. The twist that drives the story is that Moondog’s wife dies suddenly, and her will states he must finally complete his latest book of poetry in order to receive an inheritance and be able to continue Moondogging. But I ended up feeling that it was pretty incoherent. I was never quite sure… am I supposed to laugh at this guy? Laugh with him? Pity him? Look up to him, because he’s living so wild and free?

At times, it didn’t feel like the cinematography was helping much either. There were shots that panned back and forth between Moondog and his wife and daughter in a “he-said, she-said” fashion that felt like a parody of a reality show. That’s certainly a valid sort of parody to attempt, given how reality TV loomed over the culture this decade, but I had a hard time grasping what sort of statement was being made, since I couldn’t detect a coherent emotional tone. I don’t know, maybe I’m just not cut out for Harmony Korine movies. I’d certainly be happy for anyone to respond with a different take. But I really do feel this movie would have been completely unwatchable without someone as talented and well-established as McConaughey.

Contrast this with Inherent Vice, which I enjoyed immensely, and have also seen on a few best-of-decade lists (although certainly not universally). I may be giving it a shallow reading, but it consistently felt like a window into what happens to be just one more absurd episode in the absurd life of Joaquin Phoenix’s Doc Sportello. It wasn’t making any weighty statement about the nature of the world or how one should live life, or spending much time navel-gazing, but it was a good fun romp throughout. It would be kind of silly to try to make a Big Lebowski sequel (although I guess Jesus the Pederast Goes to Summer Camp is going to be a thing), but making something similar as a period piece worked out pretty well.

An earlier poster mentioned not enjoying Get Him to the Greek, and also that taste in comedy is pretty subjective. I actually enjoyed that one quite a bit as well; Russell Brand was pretty good playing the straight man to Jonah Hill’s character entering the strange world of the rockstar. It was also one of the few “laugh-at-the-awkward-fat-guy” comedies of the past decade-plus that I have actually laughed at. But it illustrates the point that there’s a very fine line to walk with this sort of bacchanal comedy.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

babypolis posted:

If it makes you feel better, perhaps in the future they'll re-edit the scene so the crippled fellow rebel fires a gun at him first :)

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Sleeveless posted:

Well that's only fitting considering this is the worst movie of the decade thread

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

McCloud posted:

Well that's only fitting considering this is the worst movie of the decade thread

:emptyquote:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Well the 2010s are over, may this decade finally be the one where you free yourself from whatever bizarre compulsion makes you consume dozens of hours of popular media you actively dislike and then spend hundreds of hours bitching about it online. See y'all in another ten years, hopefully you'll actually be able to talk about more than two things then.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I hope Baby Yoda gets Order 66'ed. THAT'S RIGHT.

I will nominate Clint Eastwood movies as my worst movies of the decade. He can supposedly be a good film-maker but all he does is make racist movies feeding the white supremacist fear of foreigners.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jan 2, 2020

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

istewart posted:

One from this year that I ended up strongly disliking was The Beach Bum. I saw Matthew McConaughey and Snoop Dogg promoting it on Jimmy Kimmel… evidently, they smoked such strong weed on set that they woke up the next morning and had accidentally recorded a hip-hop album together. With promotion like that, I figured, why the hell not! Could be the next Big Lebowski!

McConaughey plays Moondog, a perpetually-inebriated beach “poet” in an open marriage in South Florida, whose itinerant lifestyle is supported by his wife’s wealth. Snoop Dogg is his bestest best buddy who also happens to be sleeping with his wife. He pretty much plays Snoop Dogg, albeit under the hilarious pimp moniker Lingerie. The twist that drives the story is that Moondog’s wife dies suddenly, and her will states he must finally complete his latest book of poetry in order to receive an inheritance and be able to continue Moondogging. But I ended up feeling that it was pretty incoherent. I was never quite sure… am I supposed to laugh at this guy? Laugh with him? Pity him? Look up to him, because he’s living so wild and free?

At times, it didn’t feel like the cinematography was helping much either. There were shots that panned back and forth between Moondog and his wife and daughter in a “he-said, she-said” fashion that felt like a parody of a reality show. That’s certainly a valid sort of parody to attempt, given how reality TV loomed over the culture this decade, but I had a hard time grasping what sort of statement was being made, since I couldn’t detect a coherent emotional tone. I don’t know, maybe I’m just not cut out for Harmony Korine movies. I’d certainly be happy for anyone to respond with a different take. But I really do feel this movie would have been completely unwatchable without someone as talented and well-established as McConaughey.

This is my favorite movie of the year, so I'll elaborate on a few points.

First, Moondog's relationship with his wife isn't open. Moondog selfishly fucks anything and everything he wants, but it's brought up by his wife and daughter that he doesn't know about her and Lingerie, and it's preferred to keep it that way. He selfishly wants to remain loyal to him while he gets to be wild and free. Moondog is a narcissistic, and selfish, which is why seeing his wife with Lingerie is such a huge blow to his ego, and what leads to her death.

We are not supposed to pity Moondog. He is so numbed by self-indulgence, wealth and celebrity that he is no longer human. Everyone refers to him as an Other. He gets away with everything, or is rewarded for being the worst person imaginable. He is not necessarily a good poet, but he is a popular poet. He is creatively bankrupt, and only returns to writing because it is the only way to get access to his wealth, and to perpetuate this weird idea of Moondog as a person.

2019 was a year in film where class and wealth disparity were explored. Instead of showing class warfare (like Ready Or Not, Parasite, The Lighthouse, Us), instead we get to see the results of wealth with Moondog. He pretends to live among the common people, not because he finds solidarity with them, but because he is allowed to do anything he wants. Obese man playing a tuba? Knock his rear end in the water, Moondog. No one's gonna say anything about it, in fact, people may laugh with you! Have another beer on the house. His celebrity absolves him of his crimes. His wealth perpetuates his lovely actions without consequence.

Structurally, the film is a picaresque story, with Moondog as the central rogue character, bumbling through various situations. He meets a Nu-Metal fan who believes he can be the worst person imagineable, because Jesus already died for his sins, bro! He meets an entrepreneur who preys off of tourist culture. His best friend is a major drug dealer, and he gets involved in trafficking because it promises free weed. He doesn't learn a drat thing from any of it. Why should he? He's Moondog. He's already rich and famous. There is no room is his drunk and stoned head for life lessons. He is incapable of growing, and the structure reflects that, as does the genre of "stoner comedy".

As for the dialogue coverage, it's pretty unique. It can be distracting, but our perspective is with the stoned Moondog. It also creates an interesting tapestry with the many different takes. Harmony Korine doesn't do much improv in his films; all the dialogue is scripted, but he allows a lot of freedom in their delivery, and how the shots are executed. I thought it was pretty awesome, but that's to taste.

Like all Harmony Korine films, it's very polarizing. The dude doesn't care about broad appeal. This is as straightforward as he's gonna get.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Sleeveless posted:

Well the 2010s are over, may this decade finally be the one where you free yourself from whatever bizarre compulsion makes you consume dozens of hours of popular media you actively dislike and then spend hundreds of hours bitching about it online. See y'all in another ten years, hopefully you'll actually be able to talk about more than two things then.

lmao maybe you'll be made a mod by then and have the power to actually close a thread permanently when people insult your toys without getting hilariously overruled

See you in a decade!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Franchescanado posted:

This is my favorite movie of the year, so I'll elaborate on a few points.

First, Moondog's relationship with his wife isn't open. Moondog selfishly fucks anything and everything he wants, but it's brought up by his wife and daughter that he doesn't know about her and Lingerie, and it's preferred to keep it that way. He selfishly wants to remain loyal to him while he gets to be wild and free. Moondog is a narcissistic, and selfish, which is why seeing his wife with Lingerie is such a huge blow to his ego, and what leads to her death.

We are not supposed to pity Moondog. He is so numbed by self-indulgence, wealth and celebrity that he is no longer human. Everyone refers to him as an Other. He gets away with everything, or is rewarded for being the worst person imaginable. He is not necessarily a good poet, but he is a popular poet. He is creatively bankrupt, and only returns to writing because it is the only way to get access to his wealth, and to perpetuate this weird idea of Moondog as a person.

2019 was a year in film where class and wealth disparity were explored. Instead of showing class warfare (like Ready Or Not, Parasite, The Lighthouse, Us), instead we get to see the results of wealth with Moondog. He pretends to live among the common people, not because he finds solidarity with them, but because he is allowed to do anything he wants. Obese man playing a tuba? Knock his rear end in the water, Moondog. No one's gonna say anything about it, in fact, people may laugh with you! Have another beer on the house. His celebrity absolves him of his crimes. His wealth perpetuates his lovely actions without consequence.

Structurally, the film is a picaresque story, with Moondog as the central rogue character, bumbling through various situations. He meets a Nu-Metal fan who believes he can be the worst person imagineable, because Jesus already died for his sins, bro! He meets an entrepreneur who preys off of tourist culture. His best friend is a major drug dealer, and he gets involved in trafficking because it promises free weed. He doesn't learn a drat thing from any of it. Why should he? He's Moondog. He's already rich and famous. There is no room is his drunk and stoned head for life lessons. He is incapable of growing, and the structure reflects that, as does the genre of "stoner comedy".

As for the dialogue coverage, it's pretty unique. It can be distracting, but our perspective is with the stoned Moondog. It also creates an interesting tapestry with the many different takes. Harmony Korine doesn't do much improv in his films; all the dialogue is scripted, but he allows a lot of freedom in their delivery, and how the shots are executed. I thought it was pretty awesome, but that's to taste.

Like all Harmony Korine films, it's very polarizing. The dude doesn't care about broad appeal. This is as straightforward as he's gonna get.

I can't believe this is something that came out this year. Like my memory places it in 2017 or something. It does feel like it's worth watching, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Gatts posted:

I hope Baby Yoda gets Order 66'ed. THAT'S RIGHT.

I will nominate Clint Eastwood movies as my worst movies of the decade. He can supposedly be a good film-maker but all he does is make racist movies feeding the white supremacist fear of foreigners.

American Sniper is a a pretty un-nuanced portrayal of the Iraq War, but I think calling any of his movies explicitly racist is kind of ungenerous.