Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
In no real order

Foodfight
Even if this movie wasn't so ugly, badly acted, badly written and just generally unpleasant to watch, just the very concept of this movie would get it on this list. This is basically one of those bad Christian films but Jesus is replaced with capitalism. I might not ever see a worse film

The Last Airbender
Just weirdly bad. I know Shyamalan's work has slipped and this one in the worst part of his career but even for him at his worst its just baffling. The writing is some of the worst I've ever seen, the direction is full of odd choices and just terribly done scenes and just this is the only film of his where none of his talent shines through. I think I dislike Lady in the Water more than this but it at least has some heart put into it.

Anneliese: The Exorcist Tapes
I believe this is the third in Asylum's Paranormal Entity series and by far the worst. I don't remember much about it anymore other than it sexualized the poo poo out of the possessed girl and not like in a way where she's trying seduce people or anything but more that when she's flailing around possessed sometimes she gets naked and the other characters react in kind of a screwball sex comedy way. I have seen a lot of bad found footage and this is the worst one I've found.

Branded
Branded is like the opposite movie of Foodfight. Foodfight was very clear in it's lovely messaging while Branded has a decent message but also just rambled incoherently about it. Branded very much wants to be an anti-advertising movie but it somehow fucks it up. It shouldn't be hard to come up with ways ads are terrible but the movie attributes things to them that just aren't there while never mentioning the actual bad poo poo ads do. It's just a mess.

Dream House
Shutter Island if Shutter Island was written by an idiot.

Episode 50
Did someone say Christian found footage horror movie? This was my worst found footage movie until I saw Anneliese. Nothing I even remember anymore, just that it was as bad as you'd expect.

Computer Chess
Some people like this movie but this was just nails on a chalkboard for it's entire running length for me. The main thing was as a comedy I found it painfully unfunny and often downright hard to sit through as the awkwardness played out. I rarely get angry at a movie just because of how uch I dislike just sitting through it but that was the case here.

Silent Hill Revelation
Probably the worst video game movie I've ever seen, which is saying a ton.While the first was a labor of love that didn't entirely work, this one is just an empty nothing of the movie that is bad as an adaptation and worse as a movie.

The Hangover Part 2
Just an ugly, mean film that revels in it's laziness. While I wouldn't call this a worse movie than Foodfight, Hangover 2 is still the more vile movie.

Infinity War
Im not putting this here to troll, I really hate this movie. While the direction i competent, the action is fine and the actors are charming as only, this is still the movie that was just too much for me. For me it's a movie that expected me to see every MCU film, gave me hours of death that I felt nothing over because I knew it was going to be mostly undone and an ending that said "okay, now to finish you're going to have to see three more movies". It was just a slog that made me feel nothing but contempt for Disney and overall It just wasn't fun and if you take away the fun from the MCU movies, you got nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

I know that this is a very funny sentence, but I mean it sincerely; It's a complete betrayal of everything the Puppet Master franchise stands for.

Fran, I know you just changed the name of the thread but you know what you have to do

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I think the idea of getting Crowe was he was a big famous actor who you wouldn't think would be in this type of movie and someone figured that curiosity caused by the idea of Russel Crowe singing would draw more people in than the fact he can't sing would push them away.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

Pacific Rim is monsters and robots punching each other, it's not high cinema, but it doesn't deserve to be near the worst of the decade.

But it's really bad at showing robots and monsters punching each other and the monsters are all boring. For me it's a movie that fails completely at what it's trying to do and not in an interesting way. While it didn't make my top ten, it'd probably be in the top 20.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I just don't understand how anyone makes a Kaiju movie with boring Kaiju. Like the awesome monsters are the majority of appeal of those movies. There is very little I like about that movie but that's the part that still baffles me, I just love the part at the end where they're freaking out because a monster that is more powerful than all the others is coming and it just sort of looks like all the other ones except maybe bigger. I just don't get how GDT of all people could gently caress that up

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
When it comes to worst movies no one needs to do anything that goes beyond haw they define a movie as. If you think a movie was the worst of the decade, then it should be on your list in this thread. We aren't looking for objectively bad movies because that would be dumb.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

The Predator by all appearances was absolutely butchered in the edit/reshoots, but at the same time I have a hard time envisioning a good version of it even if the studio had kept their hands off.

I haven't seen that last Fantastic Four movie that's supposed to be awful, but my understanding is the director wanted to make it this body horror thing, which would have been amazing, but the studio just ripped the movie to shreds until all the potentially interesting stuff was gone and nothing replaced it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Power Rangers is better than Pacific Rim in pretty much every way and I don't really think very highly of Power Rangers

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Naw

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Someone mentioning Despicable Me 3 reminded me of how much I disliked DM2. I kind of went in knowing the complaints some had about it's story but I figured that it would at least be a little overblown but nope, it's basically a movie about how a child needs a father AND a mother and how you as a single parent need to get married so they have one. It is force, never really justified and just bizarrely regressive. It's also so counter to the first one, which certainly isn't a masterpiece, but it kind of is compared to the sequel.

Boxtrolls had similar issues, though that was kind of weirder because the initial teaser was all about how families come in all shapes and sizes but they're still families and somehow the movie fails to deliver that message and kind of goes in the opposite direction with the two lead children going back to their lovely, neglectful parents with the male lead even leaving the family that actually raised him to do so. Then there was the fact that the villain's evil goal is to be excepted by the upper class, even though he is from the lower class. Oh and the movie mocks him for dressing as a woman.

Laika's first two movies were so good too...

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Bogus Adventure posted:

The only good thing about Pacific Rim is Ron Perlman, but Ron is good in everything he does. Don't @ me.

Charlie Day is also pretty good in it

Everything else sucks tho

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

DC Murderverse posted:

i had a dude put two movies I'd give five out of five stars to in his top 5 worst movies of the decade, honestly if you don't like at least one movie that a lot of people virulently hate, what are you doing in this forum?

Yeah, I mean I love found footage. I am probably one of the few people you will find in existence that, while not giving it a 5/5, will defend The Devil Inside, a found footage movie that is as close to be considered objectively bad as a movie as that type can get.

Prometheus is easily a 5/5 for me though (Covenant is like a 3.5 or 4).

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
With Covenant it's just the last act is kind of weak so that knocks it down a bunch. Still likes it quite a bit though.

What I do like about Scott is Prometheus is a movie full of people treating science like it's religion and getting hosed up because of it while The Martian was the opposite, showing a bunch of professionals with clear goals based on things they could prove performing miracles. Hell, iirc, The Martian even has it's title appear in the reverse way that the Alien films do (the whole title appears and then quickly disappears line by line). The Martian to me always felt like his response to people that hated Prometheus assuming that he just didn't know poo poo about science and people acting logically rather than those being intentional decisions.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I quite like mother! but I also I'm surprised it took 8 pages to get mentioned.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I also works really well that one of the initially extremely religious characters is snapped out of it by being forced to have an abortion (though yeah she still does not meet a pleasant end).

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Pacific Rim (and Alita for that matter) are really on optimistic in the "where it ends, things seem to be getting better I guess" sense. In both those movies though Earth is hosed in a way that even if the heroes manage to win without any doubt, the world at large is still hosed in a way that will take generations to normalize in any meaningful sense.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I might be misremembering because I only saw the movie once and I also don't even like it but I thought the state we begin the movie in is the world is hosed, has been hosed for a long time and humanity is just barely hanging on and that's still true at the end it's just they can start getting back to normalcy.

I guess I'm saying I can see the optimism but it goes in the face of a lot of the lead up. There are too many factors still that are left unaddressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The Website, when it was up, contained no satisfying answers and now the site is down and it's even better.

It's a movie where some priests think they're above god but they find out they're not even above Satan and they get hosed right the hell up. Then the audience, like the priests, think there will be something obvious that the will make them actually figure out what was happening, but no, there's nothing. You don't get to understand this. You can't. It rules and I understand why 99.9% of people that see it or even hear about it DESPISE it.