Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

The Book of Henry is just bewildering. Like, the only two reactions any sane human being can have to that entire movie is either being stunned into silence or throwing the nearest heavy object directly at the screen.

Am i remembering right that one of the moms girlfriends very unsubtly wanted to bone the 12 year old Henry, and this was played for laughs/sentiment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Gavok posted:

I'm kind of shocked that after 11 pages, nobody mentioned Holmes and Watson once considering how much hate it got when it came out.

I cant speak for everyone, but i had completely forgotten that movie existed until i read your post.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Snowman_McK posted:

That's the one. It doesn't mention that there were 7 or 8 other Mortdecai films in development at the time, and they were all scrapped the moment the first one flopped as badly as it did.

7 OR 8?! I know in the 80's the hollywood drug of choice was cocaine, i guess now its homebrew Jenkem.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

It can be both! If we're lucky, we can have two legendary shitshows slide into the 2010's at the last minute! I'm hearing incredibly bad things about both!

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Shrecknet posted:

movie 43 is here for me, and I actually hate-watched several Friedburg/Seltzer joints. Movie 43 is still worse, because the idea - famous people doing a Zuckerverg comedy of skits like Kentuck Fried Movie - is lights-out, then it just sprays misogyny and diarrhea (literally in one sketch) for 88 minutes then mercifully ends.

The scene with halle berry and the dude daring each other to get more and more absurd plastic surgery is nightmarish and also like super obviously some writer/producers fetish

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Iron Crowned posted:

It would require someone to actually watch it to find out.

This is one of the difficulties of a worst movies list, and probably part of the reason the thread trends towards "Ideologically" bad vs. "Functionally" bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Payndz posted:

It's not often that you see someone be so wrong about something that you wonder if it's a piece of performance art.

Thats literally been quite a few posters whole posting careers, several in this very subforum!