Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thanks for Sharing isnt like, the worst movie Ive ever seen but its a nothing movie with no purpose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

On Chesil Beach is not the most reprehensible film of the decade but it is a specific kind of self-pitying indulgence of melodrama with absolutely nothing to say much less show that its in there for me.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

X-Ray Pecs posted:

lol it was written by the guy who claimed science-fiction never tackled issues such as identity and what makes a person a person until he wrote his sci-fi novel.

This explains so much about Chesil Beach

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Any film in which a character could get an abortion to resolve their issues and doesn't. There are several every year, and I hate em all.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It should not bother me that fire and lava arent hot in films but somehow the hobbit part 2 broke my conditioning and I was mad about it while watching that segment

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The fact that they repeat the exact same characters exact same emotional beats across the films is infuriating and if you try to treat them as standalone where the events of one need not lead to the next the emotional beats themselves are undercooked and their narratives unsatisfying.

I really dont have anything positive to say about the hobbit films.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its also really hard to edit the three films down because they repeat emotional moments multiple times so youre either weirdly enlogating threads so the actual payoff is further in making people seem like assholes or your cutting entire movies contributions