Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

soliciting worst movies of the decade lists and getting pissed when someone puts a Marvel movie on theirs is a perfect way to close out the decade when you think about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Sleeveless posted:

Have you considered making posts that are funny, informative, or interesting instead of being the weird kid on the school bus telling everyone Justin Bieber is the worst musician in history and then calling everyone gay when they tell you to stop being annoying.

oh calm down

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Barudak posted:

On Chesil Beach is not the most reprehensible film of the decade but it is a specific kind of self-pitying indulgence of melodrama with absolutely nothing to say much less show that its in there for me.

I'm curious about this one. I'm very skeptical of modern literary fiction so I always find it satisfying when a novel hyped by the New Yorker crowd gets a film adaptation that then gets absolutely poo poo on by the general public (see also: The Goldfinch, Where'd You Go Bernadette?)

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

X-Ray Pecs posted:

lol it was written by the guy who claimed science-fiction never tackled issues such as identity and what makes a person a person until he wrote his sci-fi novel.

he also wrote trash favorite The Good Son with Evil Macaulay Culkin

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

TrixRabbi posted:

"Self-pitying, indulgent melodrama" really is the perfect descriptor of 90%+ of modern book culture.

people who write soul searching personal essays about that time they interacted with a homeless person

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Snowman_McK posted:

Spike Lee, as a film maker, has never been particularly interested in vengeance

Inside Man has a pretty good revenge element

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

OpenSourceBurger posted:

Was Inside Man the one with the hilariously awful GTA clone in it? It's a fantastic example of "Old people don't know what video games are" in film

Unironically love that scene

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

as we all know, if a film has a moral we agree with, then it's a good film

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i don't think 'Rogue One' was 'good'

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i recently watched this movie Street Law which is an interesting Italian pre-Death Wish oddity where the lead isn't avenging anyone's rape or murder, he's just avenging the fact that some bank robbers beat him up and humiliated him. Worth tracking down, not one of the worst movies of the 2010s or the 1970s for that matter

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

In an Italian Death Wish movie the protag is more likely to be a rapist himself, frankly.

especially when it stars a mustachioed Franco Nero, although i don't recall any of that in this one

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Any James Franciscus in that joint?

there's some Barbara Bach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I'll take it. Man, are there any books about that whole expat actor crew that spend the whole 60's and 70's in Italy?

If there isn't there should be. I'd even take a book about when everyone was hanging out in Japan doing whiskey commercials