Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Sir Kodiak posted:

The main problem with listing Age of Ultron as one of the worst of the decade is not that it's bad, because it is bad, but that there's three other Avengers movies that are even worse.

It's impressive how much of a piece of poo poo Infinity War is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Gripweed posted:

I liked Infinity War. I thought it did a good job juggling all the characters and subplots while maintaining momentum with the story.

I thought it was surface level character-wise, plodding, and it took two and a half hours to tell a story that took place in, like, three locations. It's only "saved" by a downer ending (which everyone knew was pointless) and a decent death scene performance from Tom Holland.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

CelticPredator posted:

This is fine for me though. All I wanted was to see characters cracking wise with each other and punching.

For sure. It wasn't a surprise. If you've seen the other Avengers and Civil War and liked them you definitely got more of it. For some reason Infinity War just sticks in my craw, it feels really... hollow. Like, I don't like Civil War either, but it at least felt like it was saying something.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Egbert Souse posted:

Les Miserables - I'll be honest in saying I bailed out 1/3 the way through and I'm not really familiar with the source material, but the third I watched sucked.

This is a very good choice. The movie is so bad that, even though I think Anne Hathaway's "I Dreamed a Dream" is very good and the filmmaking works for it, the rest of it is so terrible that it doesn't even matter.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Arcsquad12 posted:

Infinity War and Endgame are hardly the nadir of the MCU when Iron Man 2 and Thor The Dark World just meander around for hours and hours

I definitely enjoyed both of those movies more than Infinity War.

Darth Brooks posted:

Lol at the guys dunking on the Marvel movies when the Fantastic Four (2015) exists.

More than one movie can be bad, friend.

Also, Fantastic Four isn't necessarily on their level. You can at least see some of what Josh Trank was going for before it was completely messed with. Even though the final product was terrible I guess it gets credit for that. The Marvel movies were designed and executed from the top down to be purposefully awful.