Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Death Note (2017)
Honestly, an American take on Death Note might have some merit in 2017 exploring what happens when a privileged but sheltered man gets ahold of more power than he knows how to be responsible with, but it could not decide whether it wanted to ape the manga or do its own thing and it was not good at either.

The Smurfs
For birthing the "cartoon characters but in the real world" subgenre that persists in some form or anotuhhhhh....meow? to this day.

Oz The Great And Powerful
Universal just needs to get this drat Wicked movie out already.

Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them
More like desperate spinoffs and how to tolerate them

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
The continued insistence on trying to make this franchise work after the first three makes me sad that Disney now holds the copyright for Monkey Island and will do nothing with it.

The Secret Life of Pets
Illumination's movies are completely flavorless mush and it's by design and why did Nintendo give these guys Mario?

Honorable mention for a movie I haven't seen:

The Human Centipede
This seems like a meme we all let get out of hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Guy A. Person posted:

Holy gently caress this movie is less than a decade old? That feels like forever ago. Definitely in the top 10 for me

This is how I felt when I saw someone mention Prince of Persia.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

So did Hitchcock.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

A good three quarters of her maybe 12 lines were some variation of "I am very strong and cool and I hope you like me"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'd also like to extend an honorable mention to the concept of Please Stop Trying To Make Cinematic Universes Out Of King Arthur And Robin Hood, No One Actually Cares

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Sir Having-His-Origin-Story-In-This-Movie

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mr. Gumby, I've been expecting you. I'm from.... [Walks out from the shadows waving my legs everywhere] ....the Ministry.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hollywood has been obsessed with "realistic" and "historical" takes on Robin Hood and King Arthur for 20 years.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.vulture.com/2015/01/what-the-hell-is-mortdecai.html

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

For some reason, they really thought Mortdecai would blow up. That, or they overestimated how much people would want to see Johnny Depp being quirky in 2015.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

I just like how they had apparently expected it to have 8 sequels because...

They were planning 5 sequels to Power Rangers before the franchise got sold to Hasbro and they decided to reboot.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Simplex posted:

Wow, I forgot about Norm of the North. That's a film where I actually felt my brain check out for self-preservation while I was watching it. I distinctly remember that it's terrible, but don't remember almost anything else about it. Even reading a plot synopsis is unfamiliar.

The best part is it got two sequels.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The best part about Gotti is that it was funded and heavily pushed by Moviepass, so they were essentially paying for people to see their own movie, which would mean nothing for its box office.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Paul Blart did not do that bomb and he doesn't care how many female reporters he has to gently caress to make the truth known.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The mention of Mila Kunis reminded me

Oz the loving Great and Powerful

What a slog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Power Rangers is my 2010s "Not Great But Better Than I Thought It Would Be But Also How Was This Going To Anchor A Six Film Franchise"