Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Ridiculous Six is somehow the worst thing Adam Sandler has ever created in a timeline where Jack and Jill exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The novel The Giver is the basis for pretty much every young adult dystopian franchise, but the move really misrepresents what the book was trying to convey. Compared to edgelord dystopias The Giver is really tame, since it's less about an oppressive society policing thoughts and more about how much individuality humans are willing to give up for homogeneous coexistence. The book doesn't go into much detail about the hows and whys of the setting, and instead focuses on what true emotions would feel like to someone who had never experienced them before.

The movie has a chase scene which makes no sense at all in the context of the setting.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Infinity War and Endgame are hardly the nadir of the MCU when Iron Man 2 and Thor The Dark World just meander around for hours and hours. At least with Endgame over with I told myself that I would never watch another "cinematic universe" to it's full extent ever again. It was the film equivalent of reading a fandom wiki entry and took about as long.

As for more terrible films, Hot Tub Time Machine 2 was shockingly awful.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Jurassic world Fallen Kingdom was amazingly poo poo.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Cold Light of Day was an incredibly bad Henry Cavill vehicle that I couldn't stop laughing at.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm watching Age of Ultron as I type and the editing and camera work is abysmal. Who actually like action scenes where you can't see what's going on because you cut your shots on a frame by frame basis?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Gundam Narrative is just Gundam Unicorn Parts 8-9 and expects you to go in knowing what happened in that story even while it tries (and kinda fails) to be standalone.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Crimes of Grendelwald is an utterly wretched film and easily the worst thing ever connected to Harry Potter until Rowling inevitably tops her own nonsense in an attempt to keep her franchise relevant

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Happytime Murders is a goddamn mess of a movie. The puppeteering is really good but the puppets themselves have all the detail of loving Nanalan and they've got nothing on Muppets for facial expressions.
The movie is like a less bad version of Bright but still an absolute waste of time and premise with a gently caress awful script.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Monty Python cinematic universe reboot

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Guy A. Person posted:

Yeah it's so obviously this weird bridge movie between the cool somewhat stand-alone Fantastic Beasts and what they want to be this epic war between Grindelwald and Dumbledore, shoehorning these characters you loved from the first movie into the latter plot. But even then they inexplicably spend a ton of time on this weird revenge/murder mystery subplot for a character introduced and killed (I think??) in CoG which doesn't matter at loving all to either of these two main threads and just takes up a bunch of time (including the longest goddamn flashback mystery reveal for something nobody cares about that you will ever see)

They run a tragic mulatto backstory before killing off Zoe Kravitz that is so inept that her eternal flashback is interrupted by Dan Fogler showing up out of nowhere, opening a door and bringing on Wizard Nuremberg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Speaking of Ewan McGregor and fancy mustaches, Jack the Giant Slayer was an awful awful movie in spite of his charisma.