Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Some of the worst movies I've seen the past few years, in no real order:

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

What a mess. Too long, too dark, too broody, too goddamn BORING. I was bored out of my mind watching this, and it's not the lack of comedy that ruins it. It's the lack of...anything to like. Any character, any movement, any visual, ANYTHING. It's just "stuff" that happens in a very boring, drawn out way. I haven't seen the extended cut, and well, why should I? If at first you don't succeed (with almost 3 hours of runtime) I really don't feel like giving you a second chance.

Suicide Squad

It's quite astonishing how crazy bad this movie is. It was certainly more fun to watch than BvS because this is a crazy kind of bad, instead of just boringly bad. But it's objectively awful, and it's perplexing that anyone allowed the theatrical cut head out to theatres. It's obvious that the reshoots and recuts and everything doomed this movie to the rubbish heap.

Why Him

Goddamn is this terrible. I mean just absolutely horrendous. I ended up watching this essentially by accident, and it was one of the most surreal experiences in my life: I was in a packed audience that laughed consistently throughout, while I was getting genuinely angry that the movie medium was hogtied and beat up by this atrocity. No sense of timing, no good story, no good jokes, potty humor, characters acting that makes no sense....gently caress me is this a bad one. Bryan Cranston has shown in the past that he can be very very funny; this movie gave him nothing to work with.

American Sniper

gently caress THIS MOVIE.

gently caress this abhorrent propaganda piece that demonize any Iraqi character at sight, and glorifies a homocidal maniac. gently caress this movie for insinuating that the Iraq War was in any way shape or form a justified response to 9/11. gently caress this movie for normalizing the gun tooting chuds that is a blight on all humanity. gently caress THIS MOVIE.

Chappie

This movie is probably not that awful really, but I found it to be incredibly annoying. More specifically, Die Antwood was unbearably unlikeable and obnoxious. Really didn't like this one, despite some impressive visuals.

The Crimes of Grindelwald

Billionaires shouldn't write movies.

I didn't see that many truly bad movies so that's something at least!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Gripweed posted:

I feel like people who say they hated Chappie because of Die Antwoord are revealing something about themself, but I don't know what.

I couldn't tell you. All I know of them is from that movie, and they are annoying as gently caress.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Iron Crowned posted:

I shed a tear every time I watch Chappie

I think if I ever saw it again, I'd get tears in my eyes in the same way I get when I cut onion.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Forgot to mention Jupiter Ascending, which is terrible, but, to its credit, I had a lot of fun watching it flail about in desperation.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Not to mention the weirdly paced segment of them doing a lot of paperwork, including a Terry Gilliam cameo.

The movie is a treasure trove of badness, but unlike many other bad movies previously mentioned, it’s not a movie that causes anger or contempt. Just confusion and a whole lot of laughter (for all the wrong reasons).

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Remember that part of the movie where his terrorist radar goes haywire and he sniffs out a weapon cache? Also, remember how in the movie literally every Iraqi on screen is in one way or another shown to be an enemy of the United States?

ALSO, LOL at the scene where the guy seriously thinks that he'd get dire consequences for shooting an unarmed civilian?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I was super into the old Midway movie as a child, for some reason. Just one of those weird fixations.

Another odd movie I really liked was The Terminal with Tom Hanks.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Snowman_McK posted:

I was the same for Tora Tora Tora. Did a grandparent put it on for you? That's how i got there.

Nnnooo I was just sort of into WWII stuff as a child (think a lot male history buffs start out there, but fortunately I moved on before I became obsessed with tank statistics). One day it was on the television; I saw enough of it to pester my dad about buying it from Amazon which he eventually did. Still has the DVD back home somewhere.

Pretty sure Midway actually uses footages from Tora Tora Tora. It’s a movie that includes a lot of actual war footage.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

You’d have to be pretty disingenuous to call ROS a “worst of the decade” contender. But I kind of liked it, warts and all, so what do I know.

Fully expect it to be on a bunch of “worst of the year” lists tho, but probably not from many published critics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

The ending of the second Hobbit movie, what with all the dragon fighting and running and jumping and stuff, is by far one of the most annoying movie finales of the past decade. It's just so void of any meaning and suspense, since you know full well that Smaug ain't gonna bite it there.