Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
There were a few scenes in suicide squad that really shower what they were aiming for, like it doesn't redeem it but that bar scene where they are all just talking poo poo did an incredible amount the humanize these larger than life characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I'll give sausage party credit enough for atleast having a subtext

Yes it's trash, but like, you can atleast analyse character motivation. Like it's comes together

It's not a nonsensical mess like some movies in this thread

Has anyone here see "the fanatic" worth seeing as a poo poo movie?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

The first Disney starwars was a good enough movie to set up a new universe, beat case scenario would have been a bit of a shakey start

and then the last Jedi was trying to have spectacular in the most clinical sense and nothing more, which I wish starwars( and modern films ) had a bit more of.

But I'm just not interested in the latest star wars, very eh. I can't twist anything good from it

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Bogus Adventure posted:

Was it, though? It failed to establish anything about the post-ROTJ state of the galaxy, and provided names and props without any exposition. Disney's response was to point people toward the new in-canon books, comics, video games, and other media to fill in the blanks. :shrug:

I really got the impression Disney want to clean slate the entire thing and kind of do their own original trilogy, as far as setting up a villain ,a cast of lovable rogues, and cutting some old ties I think it achieves that much. I'm not saying it's great, just functional and could have led to better films.

Clearly that hasn't happened , but it felt like star wars for a new generation.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I watched Movie 43 the other night,

I think I was dumber for having seen it, definitely my pick for worst of the decade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I just found the Dwarven design to just not be compatible with suspense or action

Like they just look too doofy for my suspension of disbelief to take and the whole thing looks bad