Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nth'ing Now You See Me, Star Trek: Into Darkness, and Age of Ultron. NYSM is so loving bad, from its concept, to the lazy CGI, to the "twist" that it blows my mind that it somehow got a sequel - and the sequel is even lazier! I mean, holy hell, this scene is just so outright stupid on its own. It's also incredibly sexist in that every "magician" has their own gimmick, except the woman. She's the Sexy Magician Girl. That's it. That's her whole character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMYqjAfFiMU

The card is entirely CGI. It's all dancing around pretending they're throwing an obvious CGI card around.

Taintrunner fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Oct 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also I had to look but The Lovely Bones, a dire, disgustingly empty movie about a raped and murdered girl who turns into a ghost and her Mark Wahlberg dad tries to solve the murder, came out in 2009, taking it just out of eligibility. It ends with the child rapist and killer falling and dying accidentally.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gripweed posted:

Oh god, that reminds me of another good contender; the Oldboy remake.

No idea why, but this reminded me of the Hellboy reboot. Goddamn that was bad.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll pull one out of my rear end I watched recently that I was semi-excited for: The Salvation starring Mads Mikkelsen and Jeffrey Dean Morgan in a rootin' tootin' western! Sounds like a perfect movie, how could this go wrong?

Oh my god. Talk about... this is... not even a B movie. This is a D movie. It's so loving cheap, the CGI is so over the top bad - they couldn't afford a real set so they just CGI in all these buildings, night, rain, you name it. The color grading is so over the top, and the plot is just... needlessly grim and been done a million times before. What the fuuuuck. Oh well, at least it's to set up an awesome climax, right?

Haha, gently caress you! Mads sits in a burned out house for like 80% of it and they cut away from anything good happening. It's so loving unfufilling, so cheap, I was nearly puking in my mouth by the end of it.