Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

On a lighter note...at least Denji hasn't found any charred animal bones in the rubble.

Yet. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
a good reminder that while asa is slightly nicer than yoru, asa is still a trash girl.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Das Boo posted:

He didn't find animal bodies, so they're still alive. SHUT UP, THEY ARE SO!

I still believe :pray:

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Happy Landfill posted:

I still believe :pray:

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

a good reminder that while asa is slightly nicer than yoru, asa is still a trash girl.

The FemCel allegations have yet to be beaten

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
sometimes i wish this thread had more feminist than haters, smh smh 😔

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I had a feeling denji would not be keen on going chainsaw man again after it made everything dramatically worse last time

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Das Boo posted:

He didn't find animal bodies, so they're still alive. SHUT UP, THEY ARE SO!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I see Asa still hates eating fish, just like they established at the aquarium.

Do you think Denji asked for sushi on purpose because he remembers that and he's kind of pissed at her?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
haha, knowing the deal with asa and yoru the conversation is entirely coherent, but boy is entirely nuts to an outside observer

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
Asa never got to watch those 90s kids cartoons that teach about empathy :(

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I've grown used to CSM chapters ending on a dramatic, gutwrenching, or funny note, so the muted, depressing outro to this one really stuck with me.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I see Asa still hates eating fish, just like they established at the aquarium.

Do you think Denji asked for sushi on purpose because he remembers that and he's kind of pissed at her?

He also might have been thinking of Fumiko, who he had fun with, and who he doesn't know ditched Nayuta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

This chapter feels like it marks the middle of the story. Denji’s lose/lose situation made his life bad despite his best efforts, and Asa/Yoru have what they want but it’s not what they expect, and the ensemble cast of side characters seemed to have assembled together reluctantly.

I love part 2, and I’m starting to see how it’s all coming together.