Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

On a lighter note...at least Denji hasn't found any charred animal bones in the rubble.

Yet. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
a good reminder that while asa is slightly nicer than yoru, asa is still a trash girl.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Das Boo posted:

He didn't find animal bodies, so they're still alive. SHUT UP, THEY ARE SO!

I still believe :pray:

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Happy Landfill posted:

I still believe :pray:

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

a good reminder that while asa is slightly nicer than yoru, asa is still a trash girl.

The FemCel allegations have yet to be beaten

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
sometimes i wish this thread had more feminist than haters, smh smh 😔

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I had a feeling denji would not be keen on going chainsaw man again after it made everything dramatically worse last time

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Das Boo posted:

He didn't find animal bodies, so they're still alive. SHUT UP, THEY ARE SO!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I see Asa still hates eating fish, just like they established at the aquarium.

Do you think Denji asked for sushi on purpose because he remembers that and he's kind of pissed at her?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
haha, knowing the deal with asa and yoru the conversation is entirely coherent, but boy is entirely nuts to an outside observer

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
Asa never got to watch those 90s kids cartoons that teach about empathy :(

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I've grown used to CSM chapters ending on a dramatic, gutwrenching, or funny note, so the muted, depressing outro to this one really stuck with me.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I see Asa still hates eating fish, just like they established at the aquarium.

Do you think Denji asked for sushi on purpose because he remembers that and he's kind of pissed at her?

He also might have been thinking of Fumiko, who he had fun with, and who he doesn't know ditched Nayuta.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

This chapter feels like it marks the middle of the story. Denji痴 lose/lose situation made his life bad despite his best efforts, and Asa/Yoru have what they want but it痴 not what they expect, and the ensemble cast of side characters seemed to have assembled together reluctantly.

I love part 2, and I知 starting to see how it痴 all coming together.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Kinda wonder how bad things are gonna go in like two minutes when this very conspicuous team of goobers and also Denji Chainsawman, the guy who they essentially decided was too dangerous to live, get found by Public Safety.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Last Celebration posted:

Kinda wonder how bad things are gonna go in like two minutes when this very conspicuous team of goobers and also Denji Chainsawman, the guy who they essentially decided was too dangerous to live, get found by Public Safety.

Kishibe decides now is a good time to get involved.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I have my doubts about Kishibe being involved on any kind of authoritative level. Everything with Public Security and the Chainsaw Man cult has been such a shitshow I kind of feel like if he was going to step in he would have by now.

Watch him show up having ditched Public Safety as the the Death Devil's first disciple/surrogate dad. "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em."

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

I mean, we saw how they did when they were trying to defend their most secure location. Public Safety's threat level is pretty low right now. (They'd gotten a bit of momentum back over the course of the last arc, but then... prison break.)

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Trying not to read the thread to avoid spoilers, but I知 in Tokyo right now and have seen a lot of figurines featuring the man character and seeing a man with a chainsaw for a head and arms looks pretty bad-rear end, so I知 sold. How far into the story is it so far? If I like manga like One Piece and Berserk would I like this one too?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Trying not to read the thread to avoid spoilers, but I知 in Tokyo right now and have seen a lot of figurines featuring the man character and seeing a man with a chainsaw for a head and arms looks pretty bad-rear end, so I知 sold. How far into the story is it so far? If I like manga like One Piece and Berserk would I like this one too?

The story has finished part 1 (which is basically a self contained story that can be read on its own) and is in part 2.

It's really hard to say if you'd like it just based off those series. It isn't really like either of them. It's a weird mix of genuine earnestness and excessive over the top violence and goofy lowbrow humor that is hard to judge without just reading it for yourself.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Can you please buy me a figure of a school girl with a scar on her face I will pay you

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Funny, that's sort of the same reason I started watching Osomatsu-san.

Anyway, Chainsaw Man has completed one big story arc, and just hit a turning point in the second. I'd say if anything Chainsaw Man is more like Jojo's Bizarre Adventure--both share a willingness to go absolutely nuts at the drop of a hat and take the most outlandish option to move the story forward.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

come join the party. I'm pretty sure you would like this series. good mix of comedy, emotions and violence

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Yes. You will absolutely 100% like Chainsaw Man if you liked One Piece and Berserk. I can't go into detail as to why because of spoilers, but they deal with similar themes (Berserk) and have a similar sense of humor (One Piece). Also, if you like Delicious in Dungeon it has a lot of that same energy as well in ways I can't talk about because of spoilers.

The manga is still on going. Part 1 is 1-97, part 2 is currently chapters 98-164 with new chapters coming out on Tuesdays.

There's also an anime, it finished the first season and a movie has been announced.

I strongly recommend reading/watching it's a great time to get on board the Chainsaw Man train.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Chainsaw Man is the eighth wonder of the world. no cap

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
If you start reading chainsaw man you are going to be saying, chainsaw man ftw, and that is the chainsaw man guarantee

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

More people need to experience the Fujimoto cycle.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Part 1 is finished and excellent. You'll probably love it.

Part 2 is still incomplete and it's unclear how well it'll land. Might be best to delay starting it until it's a bit closer to done, so it's easier to see what works and what didn't. Part 1's a satisfying enough close to settle for until then.

The author also put out two big one-shots between the parts, Look Back and Goodbye Eri. Look Back's going to be made into a film this year, and there's going to be a movie of one of the big part 1 arcs this year as well, so if you prefer anime as a format, you're still in luck.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

chiasaur11 posted:

Part 2 is still incomplete and it's unclear how well it'll land. Might be best to delay starting it until it's a bit closer to done, so it's easier to see what works and what didn't. Part 1's a satisfying enough close to settle for until then.

This is bad advice, ignore this suggestion.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Just watch the anime and if you like it start reading.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
or start with the manga. you know because the poster specifically said they liked the manga of that other stuff...

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I was just discussing with a friend how CSM is the most wholesome horny we've ever read. As an ace woman, Sex & Tits in media fall super loving flat for me. It really says something about the storytelling when those things are made to be important and endearing.

Teriyaki Koinku, one of my favorite scenes in this manga is a guy and a gal sharing a bath. Another is when a dude finishes a popsicle. The character moments are just really loving excellent.

Also there's a shark man in cutoffs and hostage DDR.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Start on the current chapter, never read previous chapters, sink or swim.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Das Boo posted:

I was just discussing with a friend how CSM is the most wholesome horny we've ever read. As an ace woman, Sex & Tits in media fall super loving flat for me. It really says something about the storytelling when those things are made to be important and endearing.

Teriyaki Koinku, one of my favorite scenes in this manga is a guy and a gal sharing a bath. Another is when a dude finishes a popsicle. The character moments are just really loving excellent.

God, there's so much more I'd like to add on to this but literally everything I want to say is a spoiler.

Please read Chainsaw Man soon.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Das Boo posted:

we probably should have led with this part

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

we probably should have led with this part

:hmmyes: Fair.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I like both those series (though I've fallen off the berserk train since Miura died) and like this a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/D_Kumii/status/1787478715271643430?t=vLHHjnW-8Ejv_-ts4pSIkg&s=19

yoru regret levels high

https://twitter.com/bubblemunne/status/1787144828523856171?t=2zvLDP47ooqIg-o2SVAQJg&s=19

lol

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 16:27 on May 6, 2024