Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I don’t think he eats every devil he kills. Remember a lot of devils say that the last thing they hear before popping up on Earth is the sound of a chainsaw revving, there wouldn’t really be anyone around to remember that if he ate all his kills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Robviously posted:

Do the towers still exist or are they gone too?! :tinfoil:

Mods pls change the thread tag to the “we forgot” one

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

yum posted:

why does everyone want his heart then? if you eat the chainsaw man, you get his powers or something? does makima want to eat chainsawman

another question: why hasn't his heart been eaten yet? makima mentions he's been beaten down and killed several times already, so why have none of those devils taken his heart yet? can only some devils make use of it?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I loving love this

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

CodfishCartographer posted:

Casual reminder that Chainsaw Man kills devils who call for help

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
just thinking 2 chapters back our protagonist murdered humanity's collective fear of going to hell and now he's trying to order a hamburger and failing

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Hypocrisy posted:

Is Chainsawman really considered thought provoking?

I think about the part where they take turns kicking that guy in the balls every day

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Someone’s going to call Chainsaw Man for help and the fear will renew

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I love this manga

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Woof woof

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Unit24 posted:

Since when does Kobeni get what she wants?

She wanted someone to help her at family burger and by god she got it

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
That final line is quite something

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Dude was fuckin' his student.

AND using said student to get close to another student so he could gently caress her too

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Denji regains his full strength thru the fear he feels from talking to girls

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I think Kishibe or Cosmo Devil should rate higher than Angel Devil, since I can't remember a single thing Angel Devil actually does in the series, but the rest of the list is basically perfect

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Bread Set Jettison posted:

When talking to Yoshida, yoru takes over Asas body and he literally says “huh? Those scars…” so yeah

I'm pretty sure that's Asa saying that

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the perfect entrance

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Eggplant Squire posted:

Yeah that was really good.

I honestly don't have a sense of what the trolley question logic in the CSM universe is. Life is incredibly cheap and I figure that street preacher's statistics were actually pretty rosey but on the other hand what's the point of killing a devil that just comes back anyway?

it's a temporary reprieve at the very least. Also I'd imagine watching Chainsaw Man kill a personification of humanity's fears on a constant basis would slowly lessen peoples' fears of said thing

or you could let the building size monster rampage and kill people indefinitely, I guess

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Man has 9 very large dogs and a daughter to feed of course he’s broke

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Dexo posted:

She's with stupid.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I was at Comic Con this weekend and met a girl cosplaying as Asa with a stuffed chicken with fake guts coming out of it. Her friend was Himeno in the Family Burger uniform, was extremely rad

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

chiasaur11 posted:

Himeno in a family burger uniform instead of Kobeni? That's unexpected. Neat, but unexpected. Hopefully she doesn't drink too much while on the clock.

Whoops, hosed up the name, it was Kobeni

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Farg posted:

i think it is scary that the main repeating verse of the OP includes "A BEAUTIFUL STAR" considering what with the star that makes children go mad. i think that could be a scary thing long term in the manga.

It’s fine Chainsaw Man ate it.

The beautiful star is clearly Power

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Electric Phantasm posted:

Speaking of Katana Man what's up with him and the pendulums at the end of the anime OP? Don't know why but it's a shot that's been stuck in my head for a while.

It’s cuz the arc ends with his pendulums being kicked around

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I imagine since chainsaw man ate every other alternative to death then death must be extremely powerful, since it doesn’t need to share humanity’s fear with those devils

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Power needed a human guise to become President, as only humans can be President, you see

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Curious if it really is the Eternity Devil, or if this is some sort of power that Famine has, and Denji just thinks it's Eternity cuz it's his only frame of reference for what's happening

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Denji's going to spend the next several hours collecting that same $10 over and over again just to have it all disappear when they escape

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
it was only the one time, guys

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I never realized canon movies were such an unpopular thing on these forums. I've seen nothing but universal praise for Jujutsu Kaisen 0, Mugen Train, the DB Super movies, etc.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I guess Denji's finally about to become a real chainsaw man

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Squidster posted:

Asa's face grows visible scars when she's possessed, right? There's no way Denji doesn't know exactly what she is, although he's probably still trying out to work out her deal.

I think his threat that she might be killed isn't something inherently dangerous about his home, but more that he'll be forced to kill Asa if she tries to pull any poo poo there. He's willing to risk himself, but not MiniMakima.

this post is a fundamental misunderstanding of the story in many, many ways

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
final alternative: denji's loving with her

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I know we all guessed it but I'm very glad Nayuta's "rules" are all extremely normal boundaries that had to be set because Denji is Denji

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
they should have made makima 16 and have her make more uguuuuuu~ noises

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Wait, so, does that mean Yoshida is Bernie Sanders? Is Beam the spirit of communism?

I wonder what Kishibe is up to anyway, he just showed up gave Denji a kid and bounced.

3 out of 10 people are still being murdered by devils so presumably devil stuff

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Yoshida is the NTR devil

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

AnoHito posted:

Nayuta is...correct here, though? Like, 1000% correct. Denji asks “why can’t I date her?” And she gives the incredibly accurate answer of “because she’s clearly just trying to kill you, and also I’m pretty sure she’s a devil.” And even Denji kind of agrees with the logic there.

I like to think at some point in that conversation the real meaning of “Denji spinal cord sword” finally clicked in his head

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the Virginity Devil is trying its damnedest to make sure Denji never gets laid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Yoshida's got some balls to threaten a horseman when he couldn't even take Quanxi