Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Crosspeice posted:

:stare: Alright, I leave for Darkrai raid hour and come back to around triple the audience participation I was expecting. Nice!

I'll only do a Pokemon once, even if it has a different card, so since I'm doing the starters for recording buffering, I won't be showing them again. You're free to edit your stuff at any time, I won't be picking suggestions for a week or so. Make sure to remember to name your deck too! Otherwise, good suggestions so far, definitely getting the wheels in my head turning.

Boo. I'm still floating my suggestion of displaying how op blastoise is by taking down the electric gym with blastoise + magikarp

For my legit vote triple evolution sounds fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Yeah, the GB card series(ones exclusive to this game) pretty much all have some highly random features beyond flip a coin. Terrible for strategy really, but fun and not something you can replicate with real cards.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I just remember that when I was a kid everyone awed over charizard and it's big huge damage numbers. Meanwhile Blastoise was sitting in the corner going "I can one shot drat near anything in the game on turn 2. Rules? What are rules?"

I didnt realize this until decades later when I replayed the gameboy game because while kid me had the blastoise card, I did not have warturtle.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Kikas posted:

All right, I have a serious question - why would anyone ever set up with more then 1 prize? You set up one prize, knock out an opponent once and you win. Why would you pick more and put yourself at a disadvantage?

I remember Charizard going around for uh... 13 USD here in Poland. Which was a fuckton of money for someone 7 years old in '97 gotta say. I remember collecting the cards, but since me and my friends were all 7-8yo, we never actually made the decks or played, because gently caress the strategies, we couldn't figure out the rules since everything was in English. I remember trying to teach my mom to play but she never got the hang of things. However reading about this through LP makes me want to play some. Is there a Showdown for the TCG or something like that? I am 100% sure that the scene around here is still non-existant as I've never seen any cards in the game shops around here.

Like the other guy said, you both lay down the same number. It's like sets in tennis where you agree in advance on how long you want it to last.

As the last update showed, 2 prize games tend to be much more rng than 6 prize games because there's less room for recovery if you dont immediately get the cards you want.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Yes. If you go first it's only 60 damage on turn 2. See? Balanced.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Leraika posted:

I'd love to see you make a deck around Mr. Mime, because I never really found a good use for it.

loving up the big tier 3 guy with a big retreat cost. Mime literally sits there and takes no damage from them unless your opponent undoes the build up on the dude.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Kikas posted:

Given what we've seen from the AI in this game, I doubt this is even a valid strategy at any point.

Oh, yeah. No it's useless to the player, but because the player probably has a good deck it's frustrating as hell in an ai deck.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Sorites posted:

How did Mystery Mew work as a physical card, did you roll dice for the damage or something?

It didn't. See that GB tag on it's right side? That indicates it's from the set exclusive to this game. They tend to use a lot of random numbers, but yes, if you proxied them and knew the rolls the game does dice would probably work.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Jeremy Jarvis, there isnt a reference to the dude who prayed at every rear end crack he saw in a tourney. You better have drawn that before he did that.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Man those gr portraits sure uhh.... are something.

I'd really love them to create a new one of these with all the new rules, uncompressed art, deck advice based on people playing the game for decades now, and of course a slightly more functional ai.

Never saw tcg2 so looking forward to seeing the changes.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Uh no, we saved him. He was definitely under duress. He was totally on our side. Please dont take all of his cards.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I'm trying to remember the rules for max card count, is dark blastoise x blastoise feasible?

Alternatively dark magneton and something with good bench damage could be funny. Call it shutdown.

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Dec 27, 2019

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

And the whole, already beat them all in a row to get the legendary cards thing.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

The Golux posted:

Wait how does this work? Zapdos does damage on play, is that all?

yup, the legendary zapdos card does 30 damage to a random pokemon when it enters play. The articunos paralyze the enemy pokemon when they enter. So the idea behind the deck is to slap zapdos down repeatedly on turn one and kill all your oponents dudes before they can do anything. It's not something you could normally do anywhere because it's a gameboy exclusive card that you get one of every time you beat the equivalent of the elite 4.

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Apr 10, 2020

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I'm pretty sure green monkeys are Disappointment and sadness

Oh and I guess we can use the old standby of ChrisPBacon for our pig buddy.

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 07:56 on May 12, 2020

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Jadecore posted:

We can do better than a pun about eating our pig, gosh. I submit Boaris and Sage.

Ok, that first one is really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Hmm, that puts a crimp on Sadness and Misery rounding out the trio.