Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
All right, I have a serious question - why would anyone ever set up with more then 1 prize? You set up one prize, knock out an opponent once and you win. Why would you pick more and put yourself at a disadvantage?

I remember Charizard going around for uh... 13 USD here in Poland. Which was a fuckton of money for someone 7 years old in '97 gotta say. I remember collecting the cards, but since me and my friends were all 7-8yo, we never actually made the decks or played, because gently caress the strategies, we couldn't figure out the rules since everything was in English. I remember trying to teach my mom to play but she never got the hang of things. However reading about this through LP makes me want to play some. Is there a Showdown for the TCG or something like that? I am 100% sure that the scene around here is still non-existant as I've never seen any cards in the game shops around here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Ah okay, thanks. This makes a lot more sense now.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

FoolyCharged posted:

loving up the big tier 3 guy with a big retreat cost. Mime literally sits there and takes no damage from them unless your opponent undoes the build up on the dude.

Given what we've seen from the AI in this game, I doubt this is even a valid strategy at any point.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Crosspeice posted:

There's artwork listed, but never where it comes from, there's this one as well, but I didn't see the need for it since we had a full bodyshot. He has proper Japanese backs in his GB2 artwork, of course, I didn't even notice that it came from the edited Prima guide.
Huh weird.

I'm sorry.